has the KC sound changed over the past few years???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2003
You can say yes and no,the KC sound back then was really the the North movement,Rich and his camp,that was the sound of the town,but then when Fat Tone came through he brought a different style and and some mob type shit.

Nov 13, 2004
What KC sound. I mean we really dont have a sound cuz the sound Rich and Fat Tone had is from the Bay. Thats always gon be a hurdle for us. Tech has a distinct sound and Court Dog has a Bone/No Limit sound, but mostly everybody else sounds like the Bay. So to answer the question, NO, KC's sound has not changed cuz we never had one. U know a Texas or Down South sound when you here it, you know east coast when you hear it, you know west coast when you hear it. What sounds midwest? Nelly maybe?

Mar 12, 2003
70mile.com
I agree with Mafiaqueen to a certain extint. But at the same time we have people here with their own style. Take Snugg and Skatter they have there own sound, I feel that I have my own style, Bg, Mone G, all of these niggas have a style of there own. Truth be, KC niggas do fuck wit Cali niggas but there are a few that stand out...

Oct 12, 2002
www.myspace.com
913 Entertainment and 3RD Degree definatly got their own sound and got sum heaters comin our way soon . what i see around here though is KC gents all sound different , they aint tryin to sound like everyone else or that bay sound .

Dec 11, 2005
my point is 5 years ago KC was on more of a gangsta tip.Now most cd's out are 95% club/party music and all they talk about is fucking hoes.Thats aaight if theres like 2 songs about fucking hoes and smoking weed but i dont want to hear a whole album like that with one quality song.For example pharmacy.I know theres a few cats that remember there older shit.Like 1 hitter quitter certifed game spitters(xternal medicine).These albums were hard as fuck.Now they put out that last album that all they talk about is partying and being in the club.Or what about that macc james presents tha chop it up click..another hard album.Now all they put out is party,club,and music about smoking weed.Like chop suey,joker/macc james, or the boss hoss cd.The same with filty fattz or xtacy.I could go on forever naming different rappers that dont sound the same.All they talk about is money,hoes,smoking weed,rolling on dubs with spinners,etc.I guess you gotta expect the sound of music to change with time.It cant stay the same forever.Whether if your from the east coast,south,midwest,west coast.Theres very few rappers from KC that have kept that old school sound.The latest one i picked up like this was grindaholics.

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
Look at the bay homie. In the mid 90's they were mobb, now they moved to the hyphy movement. Looks like kansas city followed them on that too.... I see what you mean though... I used to love kc music, now I only listen to a select few... Zig, 3rd, skatter, grant rice, tech n9ne, james christos, just off the top of my head... E skool has the talent to blow up but I only listend to you thought I was playing .....2 or 3 times before taking it out of the deck.

One of the best kc songs ever in my opinon... Become a memory. By the veteran click. ... That's also one of the most complete albums ....

Apr 30, 2005
Listen...KC got a lot off different stlyes but as a whole no ones really put a stamp on it as far as one particular style. I think within the next couple of years KC is really going blow. There is alot talent here dawg! I also beleive more artist need to do more projects together and form a movement like them cats in the ATL . The Kc sound has diffently evolved but its a lot artist that havent been heard.