Harry O now fuckin off Rap-A-Lot?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 20, 2005
Got this from another site. This cat is fuckin up shit.

A new battle is brewing in rap and this time it's between Rap-A-Lot/J. Prince Boxing CEO James Prince and incarcerated drug dealer Michael "Harry-O" Harris.

According to Harris' attorney Steve Goldberg, Harris has laid claim to a 50% stake in Rap-A-Lot Records, alleging that he provided seed money to launch the label in the mid-'80s, similar to claims Harris made against Marion "Suge" Knight's Death Row Records.

"He has a 50/50 oral agreement with James Prince and we are going to find out exactly how much money is owed," Goldberg told AllHipHop.com. "Of course we expect Prince to deny this, but there were witnesses to the oral agreement at the inception of Rap-A-Lot. Michael helped get Rap-A-Lot off the ground by booking acts and providing start-up capital. James Prince would be no place without Michael Harris. And just like he [Harris] won a judgment against Death Row, he will win against Rap-A-Lot."

Since it's founding in 1986, Rap-A-Lot has produced hit records for the Geto Boys, Scarface, Bun B and Pimp C, and the Luniz, among others.

Harris founded various entertainment-related ventures in the '80s, including the production of Denzel Washington's Broadway debut Checkmates in 1987.

Prince has been ordered by a Houston judge to produce documents relating to the assets of Michael or Lydia Harris, including but not limited to the assets of Rap-A-Lot Records.

Prince must appear in a Los Angeles court Thursday (Oct. 12) for continued deposition.

Goldberg said he seeks to start with finding links between Knight and Prince.

Of interest to Goldberg is a recent album 2Face, that consists of 2Pac and Scarface tracks released on Rap-A-Lot Records and co-produced by Knight.

"We found out that Prince was less than forthcoming in his first deposition," said Goldberg. "He denied Rap-A-Lot was doing business with Death Row, but we found out about the 2Face CD. Because of that, we showed the judge that Prince had not been totally candid in his first deposition. I'm going to keep questioning this guy until we get what we need."

In September, Prince celebrated a minor victory when questions regarding J. Prince and Suge Knight were initially thrown out.

"Harris is a pathological lying snitch," Prince said in September, adding that he was "pleased with the judge's decision on the court ruling" at the time.

Michael Harris is serving 28-years in San Quentin for attempted-murder and drug dealing.

He claimed he invested $1.5 million to help start Death Row Records in 1991 with Knight's attorney, David Kenner.

Knight filed for bankruptcy in an attempt to avoid paying Harris' estranged wife Lydia a $107 million default judgment and Death Row was placed into the hands of a Bankruptcy trustee to auction off the labels assets, which include multi-platinum recordings from Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tha Dogg Pound and Tupac Shakur, the best-selling rapper in history.

"Nothing was dismissed," Goldberg clarified. "If Rap-A-Lot said anything was dismissed from court, that was a misstatement. Until Michael Harris gets what's owed to him, we are not letting go."

Attempts to reach J. Prince and Rap-A-Lot for comment were unsuccessful.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
im not talking about that

im talking about the fact that harry o is letting the world know rap a lot was funded on drug money, let alone HIS drug money

asking for a cut in a enterprise funded by coke money is like calling the cops because you got ripped off for 20 dollars trying to buy crack

all harry o did was make legitimite businesses out of his crack money as money laundering fronts, he said all this himself in F.E.D.S magazine.

and hes now tangling prince up in all his bullshit..i gotta say if this is true and harry o was the whistleblower i lost alooooooootttt of respect for the guy.

i know i didnt know harry o funded anything...didnt he get 70 mil from suge?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
if this falls through, watch how much music rap a lot puts out in the future

what happened to businessmen involved in the drug underworld dealing with things man to man, and not letting the whole damn world know dirty secrets

that said harry o is pretty damn smart and probably knows what hes doing..itll be interesting to see this unfold but i hope it dosent shut down rap a lot or halt releases.

dudes lawyer is nuts though...beyond not bieng able to get him out..
i guess thats where the window is....since harry O was caught with no drugs and just indicted i guess he can remain that hes innocent and claim that rap a lot was funded from his resteraunts and golf courts or whatever...but even i know that story..

Nov 20, 2005
i think it was around 100 mil. that he won..then somehow his wife or exwife came into the picture..man i forgot.

~k.

Mar 20, 2005
YOUNGNUTT said:
HOW IS HE FUCC'N' UP SHIT???
HE'S JUST GETT'N' WHAT'S HIS!!!

Gas One said:
im talking about the fact that harry o is letting the world know rap a lot was funded on drug money, let alone HIS drug money

asking for a cut in a enterprise funded by coke money is like calling the cops because you got ripped off for 20 dollars trying to buy crack
Exactly. Next he'll be after Denzel's Oscar and half of everything he's made since 1987.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
damn hopefully it doesn't fuck up the artists releases.....
Z-Ro's releasing an album(Nov.), when is Yuk gonna release his?