Happy Ending/Hamlet TECH ANSWER THIS!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2006
So i was listening to a few Killer songs with my girl yesterday and she was astonished when she heard Happy Ending. She then began to explain numerous parallels between the song and Hamlet.

To list a few from what i know/can remember.. (I haven't taken a literature class yet...)

-The chorus is representative of the "To be or not to be" of hamlet, the most famous lines..

-"I am on the verge of insanity but I'm competent" Quite similar to the question of whether Hamlet was insane or was concious and aware of his decisions.

-"Think about all the love i lost because this quest is about a mill" In Hamlet at some point the question is raised what Hamlet, and all those involved could have been if he didn't have all of the negative things going on his life, nearly nothing for education, his uncle murdering his father etc etc...

-A larger parallel is Hamlet had a family that cared about eachother but then began to feel betrayed by them, his mother etc etc and then finally Ophelia, his wife, which was the final straw... quite similar to Tech with his wife and him feeling 'betrayed'

- "When I croak I just hope I won't be descending" Hamlet spoke at some point to someone, i believe his uncle the king, that I hope i don't go to hell but if i do ill see you there... similar..

I could go on and on about parallels found BUT

The question i have for Tech N9ne is... Did you write this song to parallel Shakespeare's Hamlet purposely????????

Either way if Tech N9ne did, then holy shit I am astonished, that is quite a feat, one of the most remarkable things Tech has done with his music imo,
and if he didn't its still unbelievable the amount of parallels that can be drawn... If anyone can add on please do i am hella intrigued..

Nov 7, 2006
yeah i believe thats tru .. fukn genius shit
lol. is this why u made ur hope 4 a higher power post? to try and top the hamlet guy? as for hamlet and happy ending he could've done it purposely, he does like alot of shit like thi and maybe he realized that the story was close to his life. or maybe the story is close and it's all coinsidence ya know.

Feb 17, 2006
i realize Hamlet portrays many universal feelings and ideas, but the amount of parallels between SPECIFIC ideas is fascinating. Resurrection, insanity/self-realization etc etc... And it may be similar to 'millions' of stories but to draw numerous parallels on many different intesnities to Hamlet? a universally renowned masterpiece. Maybe some can't appreciate or don't give a shit, but to me when an artist recalls one of the most famous piece's of literature and can draw dozens of parallels to his own life i believe that is worthy of measley forum thread lol...

If it was done purposely, then god damn what a feat, I feel sorry for those cannot appreciate that act for its remarkable nature.

If not attempted, it is still quite remarkable as some of the most unanswerable questions were occurring hundreds of years ago and are still alive amongst society, now specifically, Tech N9ne.

Nov 24, 2006
i realize Hamlet portrays many universal feelings and ideas, but the amount of parallels between SPECIFIC ideas is fascinating. Resurrection, insanity/self-realization etc etc... And it may be similar to 'millions' of stories but to draw numerous parallels on many different intesnities to Hamlet? a universally renowned masterpiece. Maybe some can't appreciate or don't give a shit, but to me when an artist recalls one of the most famous piece's of literature and can draw dozens of parallels to his own life i believe that is worthy of measley forum thread lol...

If it was done purposely, then god damn what a feat, I feel sorry for those cannot appreciate that act for its remarkable nature.

If not attempted, it is still quite remarkable as some of the most unanswerable questions were occurring hundreds of years ago and are still alive amongst society, now specifically, Tech N9ne.
I was going to type something but I can't remember...damn

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Hamlet is a very generic story. Love, betrayal, death... There are millions of stories you can relate the song to.
The thread should end with this post. Hamlet, Othello, etc. are generalizations of real life. Millions upon millions of people have had "parallels" since the first release of the story. Much like The Bible, Shakespeare knew how to persuade his readers with tales of morality.

d2v

Sicc OG
Sep 18, 2006
Tech did say on "Clueless" "Don't bite your thumb at me or I will bite my thumb at you, similar to a Capulet and a Montague" which is a reference to Romeo and Juliet so it is possible