GTA DELAYED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
1. Why get mad at me for posting other people's opinions? When more solid information is posted, I'll put it up, until then, you work with what info you have available.

2. EGM reviewed Lair, and gave it very low scores, and cited frame rate issues as a problem with the game. I believe it recieved something in the 5.5-6.5 range. This frame rate trouble with the Blu-Ray disc is popping up in a lot of games, from EA Sports titles, to Lair, to GTA IV apparently.

3. Medal systems sounds like PS3 to me. Do you not think it odd that all of the footage shown of GTA IV has been from the 360 version?

Now, I doubt Rockstar would publically admit that this is the reason for the delay, but it sure seems that way right now. If I'm proved wrong, so be it, it won't make the game come out any sooner.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
Going around looking at other sites, and saw a few things:

They could be having a problem with the 360 version with it not having a HDD on every system. Many think it might require the HDD to run, like Call of Duty 4 does. Could be a very viable reason.

Basically, it's all speculation right now.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
I admit I don't like the Ps3, or the PSP really, But I have owned Sony systems, and have no real problem with them as a whole. I just feel that this generation, they have really dropped the ball.

I have a 360 and a Wii, and don't see any reason at the moment to have a PS3.

If anything, I am a 2k fanboy, but that's not even the case, as I have bought Madden the last 2 years, and am buying it this year for the Wii as well.

RB20

Sicc OG
Aug 22, 2003
Masked Lemon said:
I admit I don't like the Ps3, or the PSP really, But I have owned Sony systems, and have no real problem with them as a whole. I just feel that this generation, they have really dropped the ball.

I have a 360 and a Wii, and don't see any reason at the moment to have a PS3.

If anything, I am a 2k fanboy, but that's not even the case, as I have bought Madden the last 2 years, and am buying it this year for the Wii as well.
Understatement of the year!

I am not a fanboy of any system. I have owned every major console at some point in every generation. PS3 DID drop the ball. The price is obviously the biggest concern. Having a blu-ray drive is nice and all, but I prefer mine the 360 way. I have the CHOICE of paying the extra money for any extra high tech stuff.

That isn't to neglect the fact that MS did some dumb things as well. I thought the Core not coming with an HDD was stupid. that was the knock on the PS2 HDD. Developers couldn't really make use of it because it was not widespread. However, EVERY xbox had an HDD.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Not worried about the delay as it'll be $60 less I have to spend on games this year.

I'm already planning on getting:

Bioshock (pending demo/reviews)
Halo 3 (maybe)
Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
TimeShift

That's five definite games, and two probables. GTAIV would have made six definites. This delay can only help the game really (and my wallet), and it might help a little with the annual summer lull in video game releases as it could be released close to summertime.

Yeah, I don't care about the reason it was delayed really, as long as it still comes out eventually.

Apr 20, 2005
Masked Lemon said:
There won't be shit else to play in Feb anyways, and there are a SHITLOAD of games coming out this holiday. I'm fine with them taking more time on the game.
me too as long as the quality of the game is there i could care less if i have to wait a little bit more.

Jan 2, 2004
They should require a hard drive for it.. If you have a 360 with no harddrive, you are dumb. Mircrosoft is dumb period for selling them that way.

But I think the PS3 is the reason for the delay, most likely, but I'm not too upset about. I really want to get my hands on this game. Hopefully they release more pre-info about the game now. There online marketing plan isn't nearly as cool as it has been in the past for GTA3 and VC.. GTA 3 was cool because you could read news stories and shit from Liberty city, and then hear them mentioned in the game. I dunno, I wish they'd do more shit like that.

Jan 2, 2004
I just read an article from the end of July about GTA4 and it seems like they were having framerate problems...

And this was using the 360 version as a demo like they usually do because it runs better.

So, if there were some framerate issues on the 360 version, the PS3 version's framerate has to be shit since blu-ray always runs at a bad framerate right now.

Mar 5, 2006
shitty to hear...well i hope in feb it is a fuckin sick ass game..
when does Call of Duty 4 come out and its modern warfare right?
i heard it was set in Iraq..not sure tho just heard that..

Jun 27, 2005
SHit they just dropped the price on the 360. Im a grab me up one as soon as NBA2K8 comes out. Then I'll get GTA4 and won't buy another game until NBA2K9 unless a new Fight Night drops.

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
KiLlAKr0nIc said:
shitty to hear...well i hope in feb it is a fuckin sick ass game..
when does Call of Duty 4 come out and its modern warfare right?
i heard it was set in Iraq..not sure tho just heard that..

It's set in I think Afghanastan, or the Ukraine, some shit like that. It comes out in November. There is a beta coming out soon for it, you can try to sign up for it at charlieoscardelta.com

Apr 7, 2006
^ f'real... I'm still waiting for the smoke to clear and the prices to plummet...
plus, I haven't had the luxury of sacraficing all them hrs needed to beat San Andreas, so I really ain't trippin... grown man biz always gettin in the way! lol

From the looks of it now, the 360 seems to be the better choice...