Group Albums..Where they go?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2006
Man i think more artist should link up and do Group albums. Being that the fit is right this i understand.. i miss them oldschool group albums were you get 2 different vibes through out the whole project..2 Way to tell the same story lol Sorry just had a rap moment thinking about the game and were it s at.
My 2 cents it aint alot!!

P.S What artist would yall like to see do a group album?

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Man i think more artist should link up and do Group albums. Being that the fit is right this i understand.. i miss them oldschool group albums were you get 2 different vibes through out the whole project..2 Way to tell the same story lol Sorry just had a rap moment thinking about the game and were it s at.

they became solo albums

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE

both the artists gotta be HOT at that very moment otherwise it seems like one is riding the others coat tails.

honestly if politics permitted, & since he is your fam maybe you could drop the notion in his ear, but I think a Drew Deezy / A-WAX collab would be sick & could potentially touch multiple markets.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
I ASK THIS QUESTION ALOT....INSTEAD OF INDEPENDENT TEAMS,(WHICH ACTUALLY HAD SUCCESS IN OUR REGIONS)....IT TURNED INTO AN INDIVIDUAL INDEPENDENT BUSINESS AND A LOT OF PPL LOST LEVERAGE AND INVESTED IN THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF THEM AND ANOTHER PERSON OR PPL.
#JUST MY .02

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
savage @savage Yeah i think that would be dope

savage @savage pls ignore he meant S.SAVAGE @S.SAVAGE lol

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
I ASK THIS QUESTION ALOT....INSTEAD OF INDEPENDENT TEAMS,(WHICH ACTUALLY HAD SUCCESS IN OUR REGIONS)....IT TURNED INTO AN INDIVIDUAL INDEPENDENT BUSINESS AND A LOT OF PPL LOST LEVERAGE AND INVESTED IN THEMSELVES INSTEAD OF THEM AND ANOTHER PERSON OR PPL.
#JUST MY .02
I get that it may not be the most business savvy move for the actual investor or artist, but from a consumer perspective there has been a lot of classics that were group efforts.

Explosive Mode 1 & 2 still get play to this day & those are damn near 20 years old now.

Aug 15, 2006
T @tay

I feel the same way i think there should be more group albums it just seems like there is more energy around them(maybe) thats just me. I luv this music shit and always feel solo artist are dope but i luv to see cats vibe and really working together to make some dope shit..

It also bring 2 different fan bases to the table if they are artist that are already out there.
Even if there not and there new to the scene good music is good music!!!

Wishful thinking hahaha

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
They probably wont ever have the same chemistry now with the email me your .wav files approach of today... Not very much chillin in the same lab vibin on collaborations anymore...
CHURCH.....SOMETIMES ITS GOOD MUSIC BUT I THINK IT TAKES AWAY FROM THE EXPERIENCE WHEN RAPPERS RECORD IN DIFFERENT STUDIOS AND PASTE SONGS TOGETHER

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
They probably wont ever have the same chemistry now with the:angry: email me your .wav files approach of today... Not very much chillin in the same lab vibin on collaborations anymore...
I totally disagree.

If the people involved understand music production then they can be on different planets and still come up with some bangin shit. Second thing is they have to both understand that the song(s), not ego, personal opinion, etc must always come first. I just wrapped up a project where the lead guitarist spent a lot of time on tour with two different acts (John Lee Hooker Jr and Little Feet) and there was no problem because he understood music. The same could be said for the two bassists involved, one of them was busy doing shit for a couple of big movies and touring, he understood music. Now granted this project is a solo one with limited guest features, point is, everyone was able to vibe with me on a personal level which in turn fostered an environment where they knew what was expected of them and never had to be reminded about who was in charge. They understood the vision.

IMHO, a group album needs a solid producer, not composer, that can guide the group, work with the different egos and can come up with tight concepts.

And most of these cats are doin mp3s fam.

Last edited: