Great time for Bay Area sports!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
Damn this weekend is going to be nutty! The Bay Area sports scene is back ontop with the both the Giants and A's winning their divisions, the 49ers back to being one of the elite teams fresh off a visit to the NFC Championship game, Sharks are contenders every year and excitement about the Warriors and their new arena. Good weekend to get drunk as fuck and grill some shit up. It's been a minute since there's been so much energy and excitement throughout the entire bay area.

Good luck to everyone and heres to a bay bridge world series!

Jan 12, 2006
We focusing on the positives breh goons!
Best Baseball Story of 2012: SF Pitcher Sergio Romo Gives Signed Ball to Young Dodgers Fan With Cancer

It’s been an emotional week around the baseball world. In what was billed as the baseball story of the year, Adam Greenberg made a single plate appearance for the Miami Marlins, seven years after he was beaned with a fastball in the head during his big-league debut. Until his one at-bat, a strikeout, he was essentially a nonfiction Moonlight Graham.

For us, the best story of the 2012 baseball season came on its final day.

Sportsmanship is a virtue that is never limited to what happens on the field, or between players. If anything proves that statement’s truth, it’s the actions of San Francisco Giants relief pitcher Sergio Romo during a game Wednesday night against the rival Los Angeles Dodgers. In a Giants Misfit Tumblr post, one fan recounted the empathetic actions of the right-hander when he heard about a young Dodgers fan stricken with cancer:

During today’s game, in between innings, Sergio Romo had the entire bullpen sign a ball. He then walked over to the RF line and motioned to a Dodger fan in the stands. Turns out the guys young son is battling cancer. He carried his son down to the baseline (kid not strong enough to walk) and Romo gave him the ball. They took a few pics then all said a prayer together. After, Romo went back to the pen and cried for the entire inning.

SERGIO ROMO:
Cuz Baseball is just a game I play!! I love it but its still a game! #loveandappreciatelife
Fans:
I saw this. It was pretty damn emotional. They shared a hug together for a good minute before he went back to the bullpen. Standing ovation from every fan around, didn’t matter if they were Giants fans or Dodgers fans.
I was at the game, just a few rows back from this happening and everyone was wondering what was going on. Then I saw the man carrying his son and figured it was something to do with giving him a ball, etc

Even in Dodger Stadium, Every single section around that could see what was going on stood and cheered for that.