Good to see LA showing Mac Dre Love --

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2005
I live in LA and you will hardly find anyone out here who knows who mac dre is and thats real... gonzoe knows mac dre cuz he use to be around yuk all the time... but LA in genereal doesnt even know who mac dre is...

Sep 11, 2005
when i went down to LA they interrupted that 300 bars and running by Game with Feelin Myself, that shit was a moment cuz of all the socal heads who knew what that meant to me and my valley doods, and my doods had theyre stunnerz on, ive never seen a meanmug like the ones we got that nite, yeeeeeee.....

PGBD

Sicc OG
Nov 10, 2004
Mac Dre gets played on the radio in LA? This is absolutely unbelievable. I'm positive about this though, if it weren't for his passing and everyone having a tribute to him on their Myspace, he would only have a smattering of fans throughout Southern California.

Mar 25, 2004
www.metalmouthproductions.com
drunkinfool said:
i got that shirt....had it for about a month....only break it out when im thizzlamic....

why aint gonzoe in regime?
I believe it was cuz he wanted to put out a mixtape and yuk wanted some percentage off the sales of it. He didn't think it was rit and knew he can do it himself...somewhere along those lines..

But guy just said he heard an interview on 95live so i'm not sure if he's still in or not.....

Nov 5, 2004
All i know is that I got a cousin from San Diego who's been listening to Dre since the late 90s.

As fas as LA, i didnt hear any MD down there last time i went (july). But I wore s RIP Dre shirt down to the santa monica promonade and pier, and broke helllllla necks. I knew for a fact that people at least knew who he was or recognized the pic.

Oct 2, 2005
threefoe said:
I disagree completely, granted its not #1 on the playlist but I've heard "feelin myself" and "get stupid remix" on power 106 and 100.3 a gang of times. I dont know about where you stay but I go to cal stat long beach and if you ask someone on that campus if they know who Mac Dre is I guarantee they'll say yes. The college and younger generation all know who Mac Dre is. I dont konw if its because he passed or what but I honestly cant go to a house party, college party, or 18 and up club that dont play at least 2 mac dre songs. Shit if you go to any of the parties thrown on campus they all bump Mac Dre as well as other Bay shit, especially "super hyphy" all the time. I guess its the individuals circle of friends that will determine if they know who Mac Dre is but I tell you one thing you'll be surprised at all the luv he gets outs here. 100
ON ME MAYNE, THERE R NOT TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE LA AREA PLAYIN MAC DRE IN LONG BEACH, COMPTON, WATTS, SOUTH CENTRAL, CARSON, GARDENA, HAWTHORNE, PASADENA, ALTADENA, FONTANA, RIALTO, SAN BERNARDINO, HIGHLAND, RIVERSIDE, MORENO VALLEY, AND PERRIS. I FUCK WITH GRIMEY NIGGAZ WHO HUG THE BLOCK AND EDUCATED CATS DOIN THE 9-5 THANG. THE BAY CATS THAT GET THE MOST LOVE OUT HERE R E-40, TOO SHORT, AND YUKMOUTH. UNLESS A NIGGA IS ON THE RADIO OR GOT A VIDEO IN ROTATION ON MTV OR BET, MOST CATS DON'T KNOW WHO GOT PRODUCT OUT UNLESS THEY PAY ATTENTION TO THE FULLEST. I CONFESS THOUGH, I DON'T LISTEN TO THE RADIO MUCH BECAUSE THE RADIO STATIONS R GARBAGE UNLESS IT'S JULIO G FROM 7-11, M-F ON 93.5 KDAY. I'VE NEVA HEARD MAC DRE ON THE RADIO OUT HERE. THE MAN WAS NEVA ON A MAJOR LABEL. IT'S HARD AS HELL TO GET RADIO SUPPORT IN LA OR ANYWHERE ELSE WHEN U R AN INDEPENDENT. IN DEATH IS WHERE MAC DRE SEEMS TO BE GETTIN THE MOST LOVE. JUST LIKE WHEN MOST ENTERTAINERS DIE, IT MAKES THEM MORE OF A SAINT THAN WHEN THERE WHERE IN THE PHYSICAL. REAL SHIT FO EVA AND A DAY.

Aug 17, 2002
i have never heard a mac dre song on la radio. I have been living in oc since 1999 and have yet to hear a dre song. Keeping it real i dont listen to FM radio too much, and when i do, its usually during regular business hours when they play a maximum amount of commercial/mainstream shit. maybe they play it on the late nights??

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
RISKY CES said:
I believe it was cuz he wanted to put out a mixtape and yuk wanted some percentage off the sales of it. He didn't think it was rit and knew he can do it himself...somewhere along those lines..

But guy just said he heard an interview on 95live so i'm not sure if he's still in or not.....
dog... where can i get one of those hats in your sig???

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
threefoe said:
I disagree completely, granted its not #1 on the playlist but I've heard "feelin myself" and "get stupid remix" on power 106 and 100.3 a gang of times.
THEY PLAY "FEELIN MYSELF" ON POWER 106 OCCASIONALLY, FROM WHAT IVE HEARD... THERES MORE AND MORE PEOPLE NOW THAT KNOW WHO MAC DRE IS, DOWN HERE IN THE 'LOS... EVERY NOW AND THEN YOU HEAR SOME FOO IN A SCRAPER BUMPIN M.D... SOME FOO I KNOW FROM AROUND MY BLOCK DOESNT TAKE "AL BOO BOO" OUT OF HIS C.D. PLAYER IN HIS RIDE... ITS ALL GOOD... MAC DRE GOT MAJOR LOVE IN THE 'LOS...