Good to see LA showing Mac Dre Love --

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 22, 2005
yeah in his interview with ******* he was showin much love too,talkin bout how he thinks Dre could have taken this Bay shit to the masses and its fucked up how anyone could hate on him like that

R.I.P. Dre,that one years comin up

Oct 2, 2005
YOUNGMOE said:
yo...
my potna work at the new KDAY in LA and he's a big mac dre head

so i'm pretty sure thizznation is gettin some play out there
WHAT IT DO Y'ALL? I REP THE E/S OF THE MUTHAFUCKIN LBC AND FO THE MOST PART MAC DRE NEVA GOT THAT MUCH LOVE OUT HERE AND STILL DOESN'T GET THAT MUCH FROM SOUTHERN CALI HEADS. IF U FOLLOW RAP INTENSELY, THEN MOST KNOW WHO HE IS. BUT IF U ASK MOST CATS IF THEY EVA HEARD HIS MUSIC, THEY WILL REPLY, "WHO?"

AS FAR AS RADIO PLAYIN MAC DRE'S SHIT, I CAN'T SAY THAT I EVA HEARD HIS MUSIC ON ANY OF OUR 3 HIP HOP RADIO STATIONS IN LA. MAC DRE IS A BAY AREA LEGEND. HE'S JUST NOT A WELL KNOWN ARTIST OUT HIS AREA(MAYBE A FEW AREAS OUT OF CALI). TAKE IT HOW U WANT IT THOUGH I'M JUST TELLIN U HOW IT T-I-IZ(SPELLED WRONG PURPOSELY).

P.S. DON'T MAKE THIS A BAY VS LA THANG. I'M ORIGINALLY FROM NORTHERN CALI,SO DON'T GO THERE.

May 7, 2002
G-SWIFT said:
WHAT IT DO Y'ALL? I REP THE E/S OF THE MUTHAFUCKIN LBC AND FO THE MOST PART MAC DRE NEVA GOT THAT MUCH LOVE OUT HERE AND STILL DOESN'T GET THAT MUCH FROM SOUTHERN CALI HEADS. IF U FOLLOW RAP INTENSELY, THEN MOST KNOW WHO HE IS. BUT IF U ASK MOST CATS IF THEY EVA HEARD HIS MUSIC, THEY WILL REPLY, "WHO?"

AS FAR AS RADIO PLAYIN MAC DRE'S SHIT, I CAN'T SAY THAT I EVA HEARD HIS MUSIC ON ANY OF OUR 3 HIP HOP RADIO STATIONS IN LA. MAC DRE IS A BAY AREA LEGEND. HE'S JUST NOT A WELL KNOWN ARTIST OUT HIS AREA(MAYBE A FEW AREAS OUT OF CALI). TAKE IT HOW U WANT IT THOUGH I'M JUST TELLIN U HOW IT T-I-IZ(SPELLED WRONG PURPOSELY).
It's a shame, but it's true. The Bay Area and LA rap scenes are as distant from one another as they are from New York. Why is it that all these cats from all over the SOUTH (Louisiana, Texas, Atlanta..etc) collab and do records, but we can't even stick together as one state?

Oct 19, 2004
G-SWIFT said:

P.S. DON'T MAKE THIS A BAY VS LA THANG. I'M ORIGINALLY FROM NORTHERN CALI,SO DON'T GO THERE.
I disagree completely, granted its not #1 on the playlist but I've heard "feelin myself" and "get stupid remix" on power 106 and 100.3 a gang of times. I dont know about where you stay but I go to cal stat long beach and if you ask someone on that campus if they know who Mac Dre is I guarantee they'll say yes. The college and younger generation all know who Mac Dre is. I dont konw if its because he passed or what but I honestly cant go to a house party, college party, or 18 and up club that dont play at least 2 mac dre songs. Shit if you go to any of the parties thrown on campus they all bump Mac Dre as well as other Bay shit, especially "super hyphy" all the time. I guess its the individuals circle of friends that will determine if they know who Mac Dre is but I tell you one thing you'll be surprised at all the luv he gets outs here. 100