good reliable professional mechanics in oakland?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2002
youd probably be better off traveling to concord or someplace like that. But broadway auto row is bound to have some reliable shops

Jan 23, 2006
ha i member i took my shit to the shop to get a diagnostic , my gas meter always showed full no matter what. they told me to get a new dash board the first time tellin me it was faulty. that didnt work , so they told me to get a new fuel pump... that didnt work. fuck shops! im keepin my money in the hood!

edit: and what kills me about shops is there labor fee's. thats where all there money comes from

Nov 10, 2006
I've seen good mechanics who were honest at one point get not so honest when financial times get rough. I've been to a few over the last year who blatantly tried to rip me off, not knowing I knew the answer to the question I asked. Save your 300+ and learn some of this stuff yourself or get someone you know and trust to look at it; don't be a cheap ass and stiff your friends though if they fix your stuff.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
as stated in the first post...my car will not turn over...but the major shit i need fixing is are the front wheel barrings
What kind of a car do you have? If you hit up a forum for your specific car you might find a lot of good information. And trust me you rarely need a shop to work on a car as long as you have tools my dad has swapped out countless engines in our driveway because my brother has a project car sitting in the garage on jack stands. I guess the only question is if you can trust the person who is working on your car not to fuck anything up but it is kind of the same thing with any mechanic. Good luck though.