Good jobs to get for a college student?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 18, 2004
18 years old and about to start my 3rd semester of college @ city college of sf... i'm wondering what's an ideal job in the city that i should target..i'm not feeling retail or office intern type stuff (done both and the pay wasn't worth the incredible amount of shit you gotta put up with)... I wouldn't mind being a waiter or some shit at somewhere or something along those lines (busboy is coo i don't care). Any suggestions?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i thought of working at UPS back in the day as a night job but they dont pay shit..tried to tell me they start at 8-9 bucks...fuck that,especially if i got to carry boxes around all day

my boys had some pretty tight scams working there though,printing out seperate order stickers so they sent shit to thier house and shit,it was hella funny

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i worked at a newpaper place when i was younger,the late shift,working one of the presses,it was hella easy...not sure if there would be one around your area though

Aug 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
mang ups only pays for your tution if u work the fuckin early ass mornin shift (2-6) and dey pay shitty.... and if u get hired at da college bookstore u only get minimum wage and dey give u a 15 hour a week limit...dats only at city college tho.. i dont know if its the same for other schools.. i was workin as a peer mentor at city college last semester..dat shit was wack ..i got payed 7.25, there was hella work to do and i only got 15 hours a week max

May 11, 2002
UPS would be a cool job. However the best job you could get I would be a bar tender. Bar tenders make hella money. Plus you have an excuse to talk to hella hos. Not to mention drunk hos. My roommate bartends and he makes about as much as I do in two weeks in one week.

Aug 9, 2002
Grim said:
the UPS here you can work whatever shift and get it.....its only 4 hour shifts 5 days a week....no weekends....really works out good for college kids

yes...same here...im thinking of working their too, im tired of working at a fucking restaurant...what kinda shit do yall gotta do at ups...I know its package handling but what exactly do yall do...?

May 18, 2004
Grim said:
the UPS here you can work whatever shift and get it.....its only 4 hour shifts 5 days a week....no weekends....really works out good for college kids

really? shit. i might have to look into something else then, unless i can take like 6-7 hour shifts 3 days a week.... I got class all day tuesday and thursday and if i'm doing some labor type shit i'm sure as fuck not working on the weekends.

May 18, 2004
as for the bookstore, this could be coo cause minimum wage here is 8.50 but i want something i can keep for a while since the bookstore is closed sometimes like part of summer and breaks etc... I mean if i could work somewhere else w/ a few more hours and i wouldn't have to take weeks off and shit i could make at least a few more g's per year, and i'm gonna need it for my car insurance which is expensive as fuck. and bar tending i'm afraid is a nono... i'm not 21, if i was that would be on the top of my list though believe me.