Good computer for producing?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
I was at BestBuy today. Them Dell XPS laptops look pretty nice. Prices ain't bad either, around a G or under.

I personally want to get a Desktop more, but I'm still not sure. I would just think a desktop would be a bit more stable and better suited for long hours of use, better cooling n shit.

I also would prefer to run Windows XP Pro, rather than Vista.

Apr 26, 2006
Best Buy got some crazy deals for pretty cheap. Check this PC 8 gigs of ram, Quad Core Processor and 1.2 TB of storage for only 899, hella cheap.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...+quad&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1218008672894

only thing is you might want to look in what programs you use are 64-bit compatible unless you stay with 32 bit and than your maxed out at 3 gb of ram
That one looks hella nice. I'm still not sure about that 64bit shit though. Seems like that might create some issues. Will it still be able to run 32bit apps though? I don't understand why not.

I honestly like XP better than Vista. Wish I could just install it into one of these newer comps.

Apr 7, 2006
...but a PC is just as stable / reliable as a mac (perhaps even more reliable, and even more powerful) if you use it strictly for music. that means cutting off internet access, no downloading pirated bangbus videos from megaupload, and maybe even purchasing all your music software as opposed to downloading it illegally. i can't imagine using a PC the same way i use a mac.

::
c/s