***Golden State Warriors 2010-2011 Offseason Thread***

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2006
The Warriors, Disappearing Before Your Very Eyes
Written by: Ray Ratto 6/22/10

Based on last year's salaries and what mid-level second-round picks sign for these days, the Warriors did not cash in by moving Corey Maggette and the 44th pick to Milwaukee for Charlie Bell and Dan Gadzuric. Gadzuric's contract expires after this coming year, while Bell's has one more to run.

Suspecting the Warriors of the worst possible motives, though, is a fairly Pavlovian response in these parts, and if they're not going to make money on the deal, maybe they're just trying to take their pick at No. 6, do a quick slap-and-tickle with the media and then go home early. After all, even at the current glacial pace of sale negotiations, the current management can't care that much about Bell, Gadzuric or No. 44. Or No. 6, for that matter.

That is why people who worry that somehow this deal might harm the Warriors are kind of missing the point. The Warriors are harmed with or without any of the principals involved. It is a historically ghastly team run by short-timers, so their motivations won't be yours.

It is probably unfair to say that the current regime doesn't give a damn, but the size of the damn they do give can be questioned. Having collected a quick $2 million from Portland in the trade that dropped them to No. 44, the Warriors may be uninspired by what awaits them in the second round, or uninspired in general. Many people called this a draft that has five impact players (the Warriors, of course, are picking sixth), and have also called in a deep draft for bargain hunters.

But when the only bargain you want is a hefty price on your belongings, the draft couldn't be less interesting. In fact, it's conceivable that the Warriors may just move No. 6 and opt out altogether.

That they haven't yet means we still have to pay attention to their "plans" for the future, starting at Thursday's draft, while waiting to see what their real future will be. It's kind of like being on hold for months, afraid to hang up and lose one's place while suspecting that the call may never be answered.

In the meantime, the logo is still neato-keen.

Posted By: Ray Ratto (Email) | June 22 2010 at 03:54 PM
even though the warriors are my team, this is exactly why i dont follow them. they should change there name to the "golden state dumbasses".

thats such a stupid trade. who are we gonna trade next, monta, stephen curry?? at least get something thats worth the value of maggette. dont just trade for two nobodys.

Nov 5, 2004
Bucks looking at Maggette...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade winds brewing before NBA Draft

GERY WOELFEL [email protected] | Posted: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:06 am | No Comments Posted

It is the calm before the storm.
Less than 72 hours before the NBA draft, all 30 teams are quietly going about their business, making all important last-minute decisions.
But while the focus is on Thursday night's draft, a spate of teams also are working feverishly on consummating a trade or two.
The Milwaukee Bucks are one of them.
Bucks officials have publicly acknowledged they have had trade conversations with some teams in recent weeks, but haven't divulge the specifics of them.
There was word last week the Bucks had interest in forward Andres Nocioni, but he wound up being included in a multi-player trade package from Sacramento to Philadelphia.
Now there's some chatter on the NBA grapevine the Bucks may be interested in another small forward - Corey Maggette of the Golden State Warriors.
It's no secret the Warriors have Maggette on the trading block - even though he is coming off a quality season in which he was the Warriors' second-leading scorer at 19.8 points a game. He also averaged 5.3 rebounds.
But Maggette has a fairly hefty contract - he still has three years, $31 million remaining on it - and the money-conscious Warriors would like to unload it.
The speculation is the Bucks are offering the Warriors center Dan Gadzuric, who has one year left on his contract for $7.4M, and guard Charlie Bell ($3.8M).
The Bucks are also shopping veteran guard Michael Redd, who will be entering the final year of his contract ($18.3M).
Goddamn, I'm surprised how quickly that rumor came true.

The other rumor, or not so much of a rumor, is that everyone on the Warriors is expendable except Curry.

Thanks for the memories Monta, you're probably gonna be gone tomorrow night.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
In Dumping all these contracts....It looks like they want to make a play for some of these big name free agents.....Curry is a nice negotiating tool in order to sway them....If they give up Ellis and Beidrins 2morrow....Im expecting nothing less than 2 big name free agenst.......

Rudy Gay and Carlos Boozer?
Joe Jhonson And Amare Stoudmire,.....
David Lee? Cmon GS make it happen

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Another thing I read is that the Dubs might do anything it takes to move up and get Cousins.
I like the way cousins plays...But i seen him in a few games last year...And he has an attitude adjustment that needs to be made....Is a questionable character something we want to blend with Nellie and the rest of those front office fucks..Cousins wont be near as quite as Randolph was during his rookie Benching......

Feb 13, 2006
I'm taking a half day at work tomorrow...Finna hit up the free draft party at the oracle..If ya'll haven't hit up a draft party yet I suggest you do..Shit be hella crackin..

Jan 5, 2006
The pain and suffering as a GSW fan is almost over folks... once this team is sold it will be a new beginning, someone who actually will give a fuck about running a team and not just making money off it.. cough* giants owners cough*

Feb 13, 2006
Honestly I'd rather have Monroe than Cousins. I think Monroe is exactly what we need. We already got too many hot heads (monta, anthony) we don't need another one w/ Cousins.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I'm taking a half day at work tomorrow...Finna hit up the free draft party at the oracle..If ya'll haven't hit up a draft party yet I suggest you do..Shit be hella crackin..
I was there in 1993 when we drafted Penny Hardaway and traded him to orlando for Chris Webber....The A's game had just ended and me an pops seen we could get into the draft party for free.....Have Fun!!!

Jan 5, 2006
Randolph is still young he can mature.. kid is 20 for gods sake lol... Monta is a stud, i think the media really just wanted to create a story there that him and Curry would have funk, but in reality he probably just meant two small guards is not gonna work..

not sure if this has been posted BUT Rumor has it..

via Jonathon Givony of Draftexpress

Golden State Warriors could trade Dan Gadzuric and Andris Biedrins to Denver Nuggets for Kenyon Martin. Deal can't be done till August 22nd.

Let's pull the trigger on this trade

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
LOOKS LIKE TAT WOULD BE ANOTHER SALARY DUMP AS MARTIN IS SUPPOSEDLY INJURED AND WONT PLAY NEXT SEASON AND DENVER WOULD PAY 80% OF HIS SALARY
Fuck these Injured not gonna play players.....Martin is battered and bruised...Although i like his game...He fits perfectly in Denver.....Cant we get something better than that for Beans.....Thats not good enough.....Atleast get us someone who dosent have a history of injuries...