GOING PLATINUM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 26, 2005
DOES THAT MEAN THE ARTIST IS REALLY GREAT OR DOES IT MEAN THAT THERES A MILLION STUPID PEOPLE THAT BOUGHT THE ALBUM? WHAT YA'LL THINK? AND WHICH ARTISTS THAT HAVE GONE PLATINUM U THINK DESERVE IT AND WHICH ONES DONT? :confused: :confused:

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
Going platinum does NOT mean you are a tight artist,there are plenty underground rappers that dont go platinum and I'd bump them any day over the commercial artist.Mc eiht,Mitch and Irocc are good examples of this.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
how you figure lil jon didnt deserve to go platinum, i bumped the fuck out that crunk juice, damn near every beat on there was raw

May 25, 2005
The majority of people prefer simplistic shit. Rasan took the words outta my mouth, its in the marketing and promotion aswell. Ill use Immortal Technique as an example. He is dope as fuck, a very sick emcee. This is what rap and hip-hop is lacking, but most people dont give a fuck or appreciate his form of art. Its all club this club that shake your ass you immoral slut lovey dovey type crap that gets the attention of the majority of the population. Some deserve it, some dont. I cant remember the line exactly but its on an immortal technique track= if u go platinum it has nuthin to do with luck, it just means a million people are stupid as fuck.

reza

Sicc OG
Jun 9, 2005
What's good music to you doesn't mean its good music to others. your preference is different from others. Therefore, you can't hate on others for liking their own preference(whether it be crunk or backpack rapping). This applies to other stuff aside from music as well.

May 25, 2005
^^^ i agree, but im tired of seein people use 50 cent (no, im not hatin, hes just the perfect example at this time) as a description of "hip-hop". I represent hip-hop, and i do not find he is the best leader for the job of reppin for us. I try to expose people in my surroundings that like rap music to other artists, but if its not on tv or the radio, they dont seem to care, as if theyre saying, if its not on the radio or tv, its because theyre not good enough. That shit just blows my fuckin mind.