GERALD LEVERT DIES OF A HEART ATTACK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2003
REPORTS: GERALD LEVERT DIES OF A HEART ATTACK: Detroit radio stations report death of beloved R&B singer.
(November 10, 2006)

*Radio stations in Chicago and Detroit are reporting that R&B singer Gerald Levert, the son of O'Jays singer Eddie Levert, has died of a heart attack.

Television stations in the area are also confirming the passing of the 40-year-old entertainer, but there are conflicting reports as to the time of death. FM 98 (WJLB) in Detroit says Gerald Levert passed away earlier today. Power 92 is reporting that his death occurred last night (Nov. 9th).

Per Wikipedia: Gerald Levert (born July 13, 1966 in Cleveland, Ohio) is an R&B singer, one of several from the musical Levert family. His father, Eddie Levert, is the lead singer of the 1970s soul group The O'Jays. Gerald Levert sang with his brother, Sean Levert, and Marc Gordon in the R&B trio LeVert. He was also apart of R&B musical group, comprised of legendary R&B artist Keith Sweat, Johnny Gill and himself called LSG.

During the 1980s and early 1990s, LeVert scored big hits with "Pop, Pop, Pop, Pop (Goes My Mind)", "Casanova", and "ABC-123" (not to be confused with the Jackson Five hit of the same name). As a solo artist, Gerald's hits included "I'd Give Anything (to Fall in Love)", "You Got That Love", and "Mr. Too Damn Good to You".

Gerald and Eddie have collaborated together on many different occasions, and they recorded an album called Father and Son together.

Gerald Levert also sings the chorus on the Chris Rock spoken-word comedy piece, "No Sex (In the Champagne Room)".

In 2005, Levert's daughter Carlysia was featured on an episode of MTV's My Super Sweet Sixteen