Genie of the Lamp Vs Dregonomics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which do u like Better?

• Genie of the Lamp

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Dregonomics

Votes: 29 43.9%

• Total voters
Apr 18, 2003
GENIE OF THE LAMP

" HIT THE COCK , GET GHOST, I DONT BE SLEEPIN WIT BITCHES / I GOT A COUGNUT , SITTIN ON WIRES.... VOGUES BITCH NOT MICHELIN TIRES "

" NEVER DRIVE A SMALL CAR, DAVINS ON MINE, SHITTIN ON YALL CARS /
EVRYBODY KNOW GOTTI ROLLED A BIG BODY

DRE CAME SICK ON THIS ONE

j cee

Sicc OG
Feb 12, 2003
i think its worth it only if your down with mac dre if you dont feel too much of his recent shit you might not like it, but buy it anyway support the man makin good musice for years

Jun 16, 2004
WWW.FUNKYFRESHMM.COM
both CDs are helllllla tight but i think the genie of the lamp is better. that one song crest shit is tha tightest song on tha CD"ive calmed down use to live savagely hurt fellins killins alot of tradgedys once upon a time i had everybody mad mad at me haters wanted to see wit it... rather mee gradually i started makin cabbage see n only my real folks is glad to see mee MD dogin n doin itt stayin true to tha game n never ruin itt you need nuttin else but me on tha menu this is CREST SHIT Dubee continueeee""

dan

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
reekdaddy.com
Dreganomics imo
but if you like still like md after thizz wash i think you will like this one i wanst realy geting into the last two albums he did a few good songs but ya know anyway these are both fire and one seems to have all the features and one is more solo i think they are worth geting

Apr 25, 2002
donfuckintay said:
ANTONE kNOW WHY HE SAID DR. DRE DID THE GET STUPID BEAT BUT IN THE CREDITS IT SAYS THE G.O.V.
Maybe for monetary reasons!! Interscope probly wouldnt be to happy if Mac dre had a song produced by Dr.Dre. So it was prolly done under the table ya know!!

May 16, 2004
donfuckintay said:
ANTONE kNOW WHY HE SAID DR. DRE DID THE GET STUPID BEAT BUT IN THE CREDITS IT SAYS THE G.O.V.
come on...get it dr. dre. He is Mac Dre... and he made the beat, so...he called himself dr.dre...you get it.
Anyways these albums both suck. It is all filler, with a little creativity. Mac Dre sucks now. Ever since he shook Kayree, or better yet after doo doo dumb and romp 1., his music has gone to shit, and he is like on another planet. He used to be one of my favorite rappers back in like '95. Thats how I feel, please no one get bent out of shape about my oppinion, and try to post an arguement with me, I dont have the energy to argue my opinion.

Apr 12, 2003
I WAS FEELIN' THIZZLE WASHINGTON & ALL BOO BOO WAS COO, BUT DAMN THESE NEW ONES ARE KILLIN' IT. THE LYRICS ARE TIGHT AND CREATIVE, BUT NOT FEELIN' THE BEATS. SOMETIMES IT JUST SEEMS LIKE DRE DOESN'T EVEN TRY ANYMORE. SOUNDS LIKE HE JUST TALKIN' OVER A BEAT, WHERE'S THE ART? DAMN HE SHOULD OF JUST TOOK THE BEST SONGS OFF EACH ALBUM AND MADE ONE, THAT'S WHAT I HAD TA DO. CAN'T HATE HIS HUSTLE THOUGH.

HOPEFULLY "THE GAME IS THICK" WILL BE ANOTHER MAC DRE CLASSIC. HE SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS ORIGINAL ROOTS, AND LAY OFF THE PARTY MUSIC FOR THIS ONE.

May 16, 2004
fuck yeah calibeats I agree. Fuck them party beats, get back to the basics, and quit reppin yourself every sentence. Shit gets old hella quick. Others say he is so great, but he is so filler its pathetic.

dan

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
reekdaddy.com
moonpizzle said:
fuck yeah calibeats I agree. Fuck them party beats, get back to the basics, and quit reppin yourself every sentence. Shit gets old hella quick. Others say he is so great, but he is so filler its pathetic.
are you sure you guys are md fans

Apr 19, 2004
dan said:
are you sure you guys are md fans
^^^^ for real... grow as a fan as he grows with his music

mac dre will never be like he was on stupid doo doo dumb. hes too thizzed out to rap about gangsta shit. so i think you guys should get used to it.

for those who dont like the party style listen to genie of the lamp, most of those songs arent like dreganomics they are more layed back and he just spits it. IMO...lyricly he is on point on both albums and the production on dreganomics is really good if you actually sit and listen to the beats. both albums knock but it just depends on the mood your in which one your gonna listnen to

Feb 19, 2003
yadidimean said:
^^^^ for real... grow as a fan as he grows with his music

mac dre will never be like he was on stupid doo doo dumb. hes too thizzed out to rap about gangsta shit. so i think you guys should get used to it.

for those who dont like the party style listen to genie of the lamp, most of those songs arent like dreganomics they are more layed back and he just spits it. IMO...lyricly he is on point on both albums and the production on dreganomics is really good if you actually sit and listen to the beats. both albums knock but it just depends on the mood your in which one your gonna listnen to

Real talk!!! That's what I've been saying for several years now...

I remember two interviews in MURDER DOG w/ Dreezy, one from '96 and another from '99. In both, MD said that he learned "not to fuck w/ the police", because even if you're innocent, they'll FIND a way to nail you if they hate you. I could tell from other things MD said in the interviews that he just could NOT "do time", and he indicated that he appreciates his freedom, something that he'd taken for granted before. So, my guess is that MD probably just wants to enjoy his life and have fun rapping--Nothing wrong w/ that if you do what you do well, and he does. And hey--who wants to be bombarded w/ serious/political shit all the time? Sometimes you just want to have fun...

The only two CDs of his that I couldn't get into were MAC DAMMIT MAN & FRIENDS, which was badly recorded and lazily rapped, and the original 2000 version of HEART OF GANGSTA-MIND OF HUSTLA-TONGUE OF PIMP--the one that had only eight songs and four instrumentals, although the 2003 remix/reissue with four new bonus songs and cleaned-up sound was a big improvement (wonder why MD couldn't have done that w/ the first version of that CD! LOL! Oh, well)...

But yeah, opinions are all a matter of personal taste. I know one thing--when I picked up my copies of the new MD CDs and took them to the cashier girl, she cracked up when she looked at the covers and couldn't stop laughing! LOL! Hey--MD must be doing something right, huh? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

PEACE!

Oct 26, 2002
excuse me sir mac dre did not do that beat....I cant even belive that stupid shit crossed your mind...if mac dre did it why does it say the g.o.v. and why with all these other creative ass names would he say dr dre even though two other people have that name and why does it sound exactly like some dr dre shit??anyway mac dre does not make beats that hard!!....would it be ok for tay da tay to make a beat and say killa tay did it since they both have tay in their name hell naw i rest my case...

moonpizzle said:
come on...get it dr. dre. He is Mac Dre... and he made the beat, so...he called himself dr.dre...you get it.
Anyways these albums both suck. It is all filler, with a little creativity. Mac Dre sucks now. Ever since he shook Kayree, or better yet after doo doo dumb and romp 1., his music has gone to shit, and he is like on another planet. He used to be one of my favorite rappers back in like '95. Thats how I feel, please no one get bent out of shape about my oppinion, and try to post an arguement with me, I dont have the energy to argue my opinion.

May 12, 2002
Well I disagree, I'm enjoying both albums... There are always songs that I don't feel after the first few spins, and once i get tired of my own favorites I start to listen to the rest of the album...