Genie of the Lamp Vs Dregonomics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which do u like Better?

• Genie of the Lamp

Votes: 37 56.1%
  • Dregonomics

Votes: 29 43.9%

• Total voters
Apr 5, 2004
im sorry, ima huge fan of the Thizz Mac Dre, i loved Thizzele Washington, and thought al boo boo was pretty sicc to, but these 2 cds are just weak ass fuck, i only felt like one or 2 songs on dreganomics, and i think like one on genie.. jus my opinion tho...

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
The last track on "Genie Of The Lamp" produced by Rob-Lo is off the chain! That fucking beat is the shiet! I wasn't really feeling both of the albums till I heard that beat start...then it was over. Rob-Lo tight as fuck.

Apr 19, 2004
the albums are amazingly different.

dreganomics: the party cd. every song on the album is worthy of slumpin at a party.

Genie of the lamp: listen to when your blazed. this cd is really really good. but i wonder about mac dres priduction, he should stick to rapping.

Feb 19, 2003
PyKillaman said:
Man are either of these cd's in stores
Hmmmm...well, most of the major music webpages I've surfed recently (i.e, FYE.COM, BARNES&NOBLE.COM, AMAZON.COM, ALL MUSIC GUIDE) give the release date as July 6. I haven't heard anything to indicate that the date was pushed back, so I assume the CDs will be out in selected stores on Tuesday, but I could be wrong...

I do know, also, though, that Frisco Street Show has them in stock. The last time I clicked on their "Hot New Releases" section, both MD CDs were listed there. Go to www.friscostreetshow.com and then click on "Hot New Releases" and keep scrolling down until you see the photos of both MD CDs. And if you're not into ordering directly off the internet, Frisco Street Show does accept checks and money orders.

PEACE!

Feb 19, 2003
"Dreganomics"=more party-ish; "Genie" =more street. Buy 'em both!

Depends on your mood...DREGANOMICS, to me, is more upbeat--not far off from AL BOO BOO, but w/ more thought put into the lyrics and better production. GENIE has a darker feel in production and MD's lyrical mood. Yadidimean wasn't too far off when he said it was a CD to "get blazed to." Some GENIE songs wouldn't have been out of place on THIZZELLE WASHINGTON (albeit w/ better engineering than that CD had). It's hard to pick a "winner" out of the two, since they're a litttle more different from each other than I thought they'd be...but, whichever one YOU prefer, these are the most consistent solo CDs that MD's put out in awhile...Buy 'em both and play whichever one you're in the mood for at the time.

PEACE!