GEARS OF WAR 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 7, 2006
anybody else playin Torque Bow Tag? shit's mad fun. TB is my favorite weapon and i think i got MVP everytime so far playin it even when i'm on the losing team ahaha

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Bold = What you get with the 80 dollar collector's edition & epic edition
Italicized = What you get with the 150 dollar Epic Edition.

A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true “Gears” fan.
*Dimensions: height 285 mm (11.2 in.), diameter 225 mm (8.9 in.).
*Weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb.)

The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell - Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.

Infected Omen Weapon Pack -- Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.

An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn. (Dimensions: 77 mm [3 in.] x 10 mm [0.4 in.])

Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer

A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.

The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.

Jun 24, 2005
Bold = What you get with the 80 dollar collector's edition & epic edition
Italicized = What you get with the 150 dollar Epic Edition.

A Limited Edition Marcus Fenix Statue – Designed by Epic Games Art Director Chris Perna and expertly crafted by the artisans at Triforce, this fine PVC statue collectible makes the ultimate living room centerpiece for any true “Gears” fan.
*Dimensions: height 285 mm (11.2 in.), diameter 225 mm (8.9 in.).
*Weight: 1.7 kg (3.7 lb.)

The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell - Through unprecedented access to the Epic Games team, acclaimed author Tom Bissell (Extra Lives) gives readers an incisive behind-the-scenes glimpse into one of the most celebrated sagas in video game history with 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.

Infected Omen Weapon Pack -- Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.

An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn. (Dimensions: 77 mm [3 in.] x 10 mm [0.4 in.])

Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer

A fabric COG Flag – Proud colors that once flew above the House of Sovereigns.

The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
I'm 99.99% sure I'm getting the Epic Edition. That's really cool.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Stephen Totilo —Much has changed in the year since Epic Games last showed Beast Mode, the play-as-the-bad-guys part of this September's Gears of War 3. Much has changed for the better, I learned, when I played the new Beast Mode yesterday.

The new, revised Beast Mode I was shown yesterday, is now a violent rush to defeat waves of humans in as little time as possible. You get to control some epic monstrosities to get this job done. It sure is fun to be the ugliest bad guys in the Gears universe. Let me explain the joys of Beast Mode to you.

Beast Mode is a standalone part of Gears of War 3 that can be played by up to five players. As the Gears developers at Epic Games first advertised it when they showed it a year ago at gaming press events, you play as the Gears games' bad guys. You play as the brutal Boomers, the irrepressible Berserkers, as the pesky Tickers and even as something that looks like a giant centipede. The biggest change is that Beast is now played for time. The game's Horde Mode, which lets a batch of players team up against waves of beasts can be a four-hour survival marathon. Beast, Gears of War 3 lead producer Rod Fergusson explained to me yesterday as we battled through it, is a game of speed. Anyone can get through Beast Mode's 12 levels, but how fast can you do it? Half an hour? Maybe just 16 minutes, if you're a ninja Epic Games tester?

A Beast Mode session rolls out in waves. At the start, it's just you, as one of an initial selection of five types of beasts, against some wimpy humans. You play on any of the game's multiplayer maps (we played on "Drydock" which is a rectangular map full of blind corners with an elevated walkway in the center). The humans are computer-controlled. They automatically place traps—barricades, turrets and dummies—the kind of defenses that players can deploy as humans in this new game's "Horde Mode 2.0."

The most important thing to know about playing Beast Mode is that you start with only one minute left on the play clock. In one minute, the Hammer of Dawn will strike from above and kill everyone on your team. That would be bad. Thankfully, you gain time on the clock every time you kill an enemy or destroy an emplacement.

You also earn money with each kill, healing moves and damage caused to pathetic human emplacements. That's handy, because you must pay money to become a beast. Each time you die, you have to pay to become a new one. As you earn certain large amounts of money, you'll unlock new beasts to choose from and have an increasingly enjoyable time mauling pathetic humans. But as the waves of Beast Mode progress, you'll also find yourself no longer just going up against easily-shredded ordinary male and lady soldiers. Heroes of the Gears-verse will appear, one at a time, then in groups. They are harder to kill and, worse, they have heavy guns. Anya's got a mortar. Cole's got a Boomshot. Hoffman has a Hammer of Dawn.

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
An early version of this leaked...

gamertagradio.com said:
According to NeoGAF: a work in progress version of Gears of War 3 has been leaked online. It has the full single player version and all the multiplayer options. But this leaked version is very buggy.

How in the world this game got leaked so early? Shame on you! One thing I hate is spoilers.

If you want to have a better experience with the game and don’t want to get banned from Xbox Live. Then wait until the official version comes out on September 20, 2011. Plus Epic Games has been working on this game for 2+ years. Let’s support them.

Time to be careful of dickheads posting spoilers on the internet now.

Nov 7, 2006
crazy the whole game leaked. i watched alot of the multiplayer maps leaks so i can get an advantage when i play september haha. but gridlock looks sick as fuck. the sand trap was crazy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.