Gary Payton traded for Ray Allen

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
This just in, Gary Payton and Desmond Mason were traded to the Bucks for Ray Allen and Kevin Ollie. It hasnt even hit espn.com yet so I will post the article later.

My Thoughts: Clearly the Bucks are going to benefit this. Im not sure if there were other players involved or not, but this is all that has been said so far. The only thing that I can think of that must be going through the offices up in Seattle is simply "Change". Although these are all good players, neither team is getting it done, they both need help and scoring from different parts of the floor and both will benefit in the long run. Im very interested to see how this all works out. I feel kind of bad for Payton though, im sure he wanted to retire in Seattle, but then again im sure he wants a ring as well.

May 10, 2002
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im not really mad about the GP trade..i think he deserves a ring...and he aint gonna get in Seattle...but they traded the Space Cowboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GODAMNIT!!!!!!!!!

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
It was Payton & Mason for Allen & Ollie!! Haha, Milwaukee easily got the better of that deal in my eyes!! They raped the Poopersonics!! By the way, Payton will never get a ring!!! UNless he gets married, but he may be married already!!! Haha!! GOT EM!!!

Apr 25, 2002
KINGCZAR said:
It was Payton & Mason for Allen & Ollie!! Haha, Milwaukee easily got the better of that deal in my eyes!!
They got the better deal on a short term basis. If you think about it, what are these teams going to have in 4 years. Are the Bucks still going to have Payton? He will be 39 years old. For right now, the Bucks clearly got the better of the deal, and maybe overall as well, but the Sonics didnt get assed like everyone thinks. Ray Allen will be productive for years to come, more of a long term investment.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
And your a sissy!! What ever u wanna put on it, I guarantee u that Payton will never win a NBA ring!!! Atleast he got off that wack ass Weakattle Poopersonics team though!! Time will show u he will not win a ring!!! Take that sissy, but dont cry!! GOT EM!!!

Apr 25, 2002
he wont get a ring because he's old and got traded to the wrong team....gp is still puttin up very solid numbers, but he has maybe 3 good years ahead of him till he's the next tim hardaway...and the bucks will be contenders in the east, but they will not make it to the finals....and even if they did they will not beat sac, san antonio, dallas, or the lake show best of 7.....

May 10, 2002
RevoL said:
he wont get a ring because he's old and got traded to the wrong team....gp is still puttin up very solid numbers, but he has maybe 3 good years ahead of him till he's the next tim hardaway...and the bucks will be contenders in the east, but they will not make it to the finals....and even if they did they will not beat sac, san antonio, dallas, or the lake show best of 7.....
Good point...but i wouldnt be surprised if GP got traded at the end of the season...

May 16, 2002
Nice trade....Both teams got solid players...I hope shit works out for the most complete player in the game Ray Allen...And for the best PG in the game GP also...

Apr 25, 2002
Young Bull said:
What the fuck are the bucks gonna do with 2 point gaurds????

They already got Sam Cassell, unless they're thinking of trading him.

weird ass blockbuster trade
payton can play the 2 as well as he plays point...remember he doesn't only avg 9dimes he's a scorer wit 21pts a night

Apr 25, 2002
shadow said:
there were rumors that the bucks were talkin to the knicks about a Cassell for sprewell deal
Could be, I heard the Knicks are shopping Sprewell around. The Bucks would have to give up a little more, like money and/or draft picks.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Haha R. Allen the most complete player!! I bet nitro could argue that one. Who is more complete nitro Ko-Me or Allen??? Haha, and sharky poo is a faker fan to!! Thats funny!!! Now Ko-Me is way better than 1 dimensional Allen, Ill give him that!! GOT EM!!!