GANG VIOLENCE IN L.A.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
JUST CURIOUS..WHO'S KICKIN UP MORE DUST DOWN THERE? IS IT SURENOS KILLIN SURENOS? IS THERE STILL BLOODS AND CRIPS BANGIN ON EACH OTHER? IS MOST OF THE MURDERS DOWN THERE GANG RELATED?

I GUESS I'M MORE INTERESTED IN KNOWIN IF THERE ARE STILL HARDCORE BLOODS AND CRIPS DOWN THERE? DO THEY STILL BANG ON EACH OTHER LIKE THEY DID BACK IN THE DAY?? JUST CURIOUS!

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
has to be chicanos, varrio against varrio.. where i live you hear drive by's once in a while.. but as homie LEADER says it has not been that crazy like yearz ago..

May 2, 2002
BIG OSO LOC said:
JUST CURIOUS..WHO'S KICKIN UP MORE DUST DOWN THERE? IS IT SURENOS KILLIN SURENOS? IS THERE STILL BLOODS AND CRIPS BANGIN ON EACH OTHER? IS MOST OF THE MURDERS DOWN THERE GANG RELATED?

I GUESS I'M MORE INTERESTED IN KNOWIN IF THERE ARE STILL HARDCORE BLOODS AND CRIPS DOWN THERE? DO THEY STILL BANG ON EACH OTHER LIKE THEY DID BACK IN THE DAY?? JUST CURIOUS!
eses are tearin shit up in the sf valley, i'm not sure about south central right now but a lot of the places where those killins took place are in crip/blood hoods.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
BLOOD AND CRIP THING BEEN FUELING UP LATELY,ESPECIALLY IN SOUTH CENTRAL,AND IN COMPTON..LONG BEACH & CARSON IS NOT AS BAD.BUT IT SEEMS LIKE COMPTON IS A WAR ZONE RIGHT NOW,,,....BUT THE ESE'S LIKE THEY SAY OUT HERE,ARE THE MAJORITY OF THE ONES DYING SAD TO SAY..

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
this happened yesterday

Drive-by Shooting Leaves One Dead

LOS ANGELES — A man was shot and killed today in a walk-up attack, the sixth homicide along a stretch of Western Avenue in South Los Angeles in the last two weeks, according to police.
The shooting outside 4417 S. Western Ave. was reported at 4 p.m., said Los Angeles police Sgt. John Pasquariello. The victim, who according to a TV report was shot in the head, was about 18, another sergeant said.

Some of his relatives or friends showed up, and one woman appeared to be hysterical with grief.

A vehicle possibly used in the attack was recovered about 10 blocks away, but it was unclear whether any suspects were in custody.

The Western Avenue attacks, mostly gang-related, are testing the mettle of new police Chief Bill Bratton.

He has asked the community to join police to end the violence, and has empowered station-level commanders to mobilize offers and detectives in response to such violent outbreaks.

"I'm very disturbed and angry," Bratton told the Los Angeles Times in an interview published today. "I need this city angry about gangbangers shaping the perception of Los Angeles."

In a 35-minute span Tuesday night, seven individuals were shot, one fatally, bringing the number of people killed within city boundaries south of the Santa Monica (10) Freeway to 17 since Friday.

The first attack occurred at West 83rd Street and South Western Avenue at 6:40 p.m. Tuesday, when a teenager was fatally shot, said police Officer Jason Lee.

The coroner's office identified the victim as Ernest D. Williams, 17. He died of multiple gunshots to the head.

Two miles away, a woman and two men were shot at West 66th Street and South Vermont Avenue at 7:10 that night, Lee said. They were taken to hospitals and are expected to recover.

Five minutes later, three men were shot at West 76th Street and South Western Avenue, Lee said. Two of those victims were hospitalized in critical condition.

Police Capt. Jim Miller said that shooting was in retaliation for the one at 83rd Street, and at least two of the victims at 76th Street were being investigated.

"Those victims in that shooting appear to be suspects in the (Williams shooting) at 83rd and Western," he said. "They are not in custody for the homicide last night. However, we believe they are responsible for that crime."

All the other victims appeared to be in their 20s, Lee said. Police said two of the three attacks Tuesday appeared to be gang-related.

Including today's shooting, at least 593 people have been slain in Los Angeles so far this year, the most since 1996, although well below the city's all-time high of 1,092 homicides in 1992, according to police.

Y

Yay-ee-yay-ee

if u readin the news reports then u know obviously its the crips and bloods doin the killings, most of the homicides r happening in the south central area, thats wuts pushing l.a. to be the murder capital, half of the homicides in l.a. this year took place in that area

"Flanked by family members of Clive Jackson Jr., 14, a promising basketball player with no gang affiliations who was shot dead two weeks ago on Western Avenue, the mayor and chief said residents should not have to live in fear.

On Tuesday, a relative of Clive Jackson read from a letter the youth had written to UCLA officials asking for advice shortly before he was shot to death.

"I would like to know how to get into college so that I can get ready," the 14-year-old wrote. "I want to know how much are the books there so I can save up. I don't want my mom to pay for everything.... I thank you for your time and I hope to make it there."

Hahn said too many lives such as Jackson's had been cut short.

"Statistics cloud us from seeing the real pain," he said. "His hopes and dreams will never be realized."

:cry:

Y

Yay-ee-yay-ee

i'm aware of that, but the crips and bloods still run most of south central and compton

i dont know why ure so persistent in trying to prove that chicanos r dying, is that somethin to be proud of?

u dont live in south central or compton so get off the dick

Y

Yay-ee-yay-ee

lol @ "not anymore"

fools speakin on the SC like they live there, ol buster ass....

bring yo ass to SC and find out who runnin it fool

Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
I'm noticing that alot of the crips & bloods are more on the paper chase, alot are starting record labels like the homies from 4Life records, main St. niggaz. You can call it money laundering or hustling,but the gang shit has played out like bell-bottoms, gangsta are getting more business orientated, getting Incorporated, buying realastate. You can bang but be smart about it. SUGE is a perfect example, papered up, think about it.

Y

Yay-ee-yay-ee

suge aint no gangsta, shut yo ass up

get off this post with yo weak ass pomona shit

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
@ "not anymore"
THE ONLY SPOTS THAT CRIPS BE "RUNNING" SHIT IS IN THE PROJECTS BUT THATS IT,CRIPS ARE DEEPER IN SOUTH CENTRAL AND COMPTON AND ARE CRAZY ASS FUCK YES,BUT THEY IN NO WAY RUN SHIT..SOUTH SIDERS ALREADY RUN THE L.A. COUNTY JAIL WHICH BASICLLY MEANS CURTAINS...WHO ARE THE ONES ASKIN FOR PEAC TREATYS IN THE NEWS ,IT SURE AINT THE SOUTH SIDERS...CRIPS & BLOODS SUING THE COUNTY CAUSE THEY WANT PROTECTION...DONT SPEAK ON SHIT U DONT KNOW ABOUT...SETENTAS ,TORTILLA FLATS ARE DUMPING ON FOOLS IN COMPTON LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER...FOOLS ARE ASKING FOR PEAC TREATYS ALREADY...I WORK NEXT TO COMPTON AND GOT ALOT HOMIES FROM BOTH SIDES...AND IF YOU THINK POMONA AINT SHIT GO DOWN THIER AND GET YOUR WIG SPLIT,THATS MINI L.A. RIGHT THERE,QUESTIONING POMONAS CREDIBILITY PROVES YOU AINT KNOWING SHIT