Future Of Horror/siccness Rap??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 19, 2006
I was reading a post in a thread on another site about Brotha lynch's new album 'DAAM'. Now this dude said he liked it but also went on to say that horror rap isn't relevant anymore and nether is Brotha Lynch (obviously right?) ... It hasn't been since like 99-01.

I use to be heavily into Brotha lynch/X-raided and a lot of Sacramento rap cause it had that siccness shit, then after awhile it just died down. Now that DAAM has came back out and that G-Macc it kind of gives me that nostalgia what use to entertain me about this shit. Yet whats the future gonna be like you think? ... In ten years will we still hear the sicc??

Apr 8, 2006
I couldnt call it for ten years down the road but marinate on wuts recently happened...

DAAM jus dropped...Lynch had dropped one solo in 13 years and it wasnt half as sicc.

And ok maybe Raided aint rappin siccmade no more but he's still known for that genere of music...and he been puttin out albums like a river...coincedentally at the same time Lynch did...almost as if it were meant 2 happen.

Than you got Eminem who's last few songs are nuthing but Sicc shit...Music Box,Stay Wide Awake,Same Song and Dance.

And now Juicy J of Three 6 Mafia is goin back 2 that old school horror shit...his new song "Old Triple Six" is just that...it sound like that old shit.

And look at Tech's last album KOD with songs like Pinoccio and Thru her in the Trunk.

And now ya got this new guy G-Macc wit his Vampire Album.

If ya ask me Siccstyle is at its highest its been since the 90's and it looks like it might be appealing on a much larger scale..

Jun 19, 2006
I couldnt call it for ten years down the road but marinate on wuts recently happened...

DAAM jus dropped...Lynch had dropped one solo in 13 years and it wasnt half as sicc.

And ok maybe Raided aint rappin siccmade no more but he's still known for that genere of music...and he been puttin out albums like a river...coincedentally at the same time Lynch did...almost as if it were meant 2 happen.

Than you got Eminem who's last few songs are nuthing but Sicc shit...Music Box,Stay Wide Awake,Same Song and Dance.

And now Juicy J of Three 6 Mafia is goin back 2 that old school horror shit...his new song "Old Triple Six" is just that...it sound like that old shit.

And look at Tech's last album KOD with songs like Pinoccio and Thru her in the Trunk.

And now ya got this new guy G-Macc wit his Vampire Album.

If ya ask me Siccstyle is at its highest its been since the 90's and it looks like it might be appealing on a much larger scale..
You said everything I was thinking basically ...

Eminem is on that dark shit, but sadly I don't think he will keep putting that kind of shit out like he did on Relapse/Refill.

Half the reason I stoped listening to Three 6 Mafia is because the crazy horror music they made wasn't being made no more. I gotta hear that new Juicy J though.

Tech too, he been putting out crazy shit too, especially on K.O.D.

I think it's quit entertaining and it could be music people enjoy listening too .. Kind of like listening to a horror flicks.

Mars

Serial Killer / Rapist
Sep 14, 2002
Pittsburg, CA
www.madinsanity.com
Dark hip-hop, horrorcore, wicked shit what ever you wanna call it has been a big selling nitche market for the last 15 years. Out here, Sacramento had the ball with Lynch, Sicx, and X-Raided. Lynch got it again.

Jul 9, 2007
Did this dude red dragon really say "now ya got this new guy G-Macc"? G-Macc being new WTF. Undergourd Hitlist was the shit like almost 20 years ago.

Jul 5, 2009
When gangsta/hardcore/horror shit comes back, i wonder if it will be near as good as the 90's and early 2 g's(I'm 99.99% sure it won't). Everybody knows that rap has the reputation of bein soft now so i bet niggas is gonna start switchin it up. It's gonna take somebody wit some nuts to bring that real shit back to the mainstream and underground.

Dec 19, 2006
DONT KNOW ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THE GENRE,BUT I'M ALWAYS INTERESTED IN BUYING THE NEW BLH,ESHAM,X RAIDED,DOOMSDAY PROD.,MASTAMIND,DAYTON FAM.,DICE,PROJECT BORN,SPICE 1......

Jun 19, 2006
When gangsta/hardcore/horror shit comes back, i wonder if it will be near as good as the 90's and early 2 g's(I'm 99.99% sure it won't). Everybody knows that rap has the reputation of bein soft now so i bet niggas is gonna start switchin it up. It's gonna take somebody wit some nuts to bring that real shit back to the mainstream and underground.
Nipsey hussle, The Game, Kurupt and Daz been putting out a lot of Gangsta shit thats riding imo ... I'm looking foreward to the next couple of years with those folks. Especially dre.