FUCK NEW ORLEANS.. JUST MOVE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 4, 2007
yup and anniversary just started..
i was a lil confused when i heard people are living there again.

but i guess its hard to move when no one will help you get a home somewhere else.

Jun 3, 2006
my bro in laws dad just called him and said he didnt leave when he could and now he cant...said he loved him and he doesnt think he is gonna survive....my folks is takin it bad

May 15, 2002
You see some real ignorance in this thread. I find it funny how people werent saying that it's stupid to live in New Orleans BEFORE Katrina. But after Katrina happens, and the levees were blown up...people say its stupid to live there? Then not to mention that most of the people in the city dont have the finances and resources to just up and leave because a storm is coming. Then you have these lame ass clowns saying that the residents should just move to another place like...its nothing. If you love the place that you've lived in your whole life, are you telling me that it's that easy for you to just up and leave? THATS why you have some people that refuse to leave, because everything that they've ever known IS IN NEW ORLEANS. Dont act like you all dont understand that. Ignorant bastards...

Sep 29, 2003
You see some real ignorance in this thread. I find it funny how people werent saying that it's stupid to live in New Orleans BEFORE Katrina. But after Katrina happens, and the levees were blown up...people say its stupid to live there? Then not to mention that most of the people in the city dont have the finances and resources to just up and leave because a storm is coming. Then you have these lame ass clowns saying that the residents should just move to another place like...its nothing. If you love the place that you've lived in your whole life, are you telling me that it's that easy for you to just up and leave? THATS why you have some people that refuse to leave, because everything that they've ever known IS IN NEW ORLEANS. Dont act like you all dont understand that. Ignorant bastards...

Well said, I agree with most of what you said, however, I think there's 2 sides to it. One part of me sympathizes with these poor people. The whole government pretty much turned their backs on the city after Katrina and I read somewhere that over 80% of the money that was donated to the clean-up cause completely disappeared (Probably into the charity owners' pockets). Most of New Orleans/Louisiana is African-American and extremely impoverished. These people barely make enough money to live there, let alone anywhere else....

The other side of me feels "What do these people have to prove?" I mean, why do they feel the need to seem like they are so strong? Oh, they live in an area where hurricanes hit every single year, it's inevitable. Some storms are larger than others, and it is mind-boggling why a lot of people just refuse to evacuate. ".....Oh we're just going to ride this one out...." It's that attitude that makes me not want to have any sympathy at all. They act so tough and they can handle anything that mother nature has to handle, but the whole city floods and all they have done ever since is bitch and complain about how the government forgot about them....

It's kind of like when immigrants move to North America and take advantage of the systems we have in place (In Canada and the U.S.A.). For example, in 2006 when the whole Lebanon/Hezbollah-Isreali conflict was taking place, the U.S.A. and Canada both evacuated all of their respective citizens from Lebanon because they were "stuck" there. Well, 95% of the citizens that were there are permanent residents of Lebanon that just happen to have Canadian/American citizenships. They only come here for medical care or to see relatives that live here. It cost Canada millions of dollars to bring ships over and evacuate these people and we didn't charge them a dime (The Americans were smart; correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they charged $500 per person...?). Now that the conflict is over, all of these people had moved back there.....It makes me sick. Another example would be an immigrant who cheats on their taxes. Writing off stuff left and right as business expenses, but when they get audited all of a sudden they don't speak english. They constantly leech the system, but when they get in trouble they are the first ones looking for the system to save them...

Aug 9, 2006
but NO is built in the worst location of any city in the country.....its not because of hurricanes soley....

i say we use it as land fill and give people "vouchers" to come back to thier property when its back near or higher then sea level

i agree that living anywhere you in a game of russian roulette with your life......but playing the game willing is a lil different

May 9, 2002
THATS NOTHING compared to being BELOW SEA LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LIVING ON THE COAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF NEEEEEEEEEEGA
Just like Katrina washed away damn near a whole city in one weekend...a massive earthquake in a major city could put it in a pile of ruins in a matter of minutes, and kill more than a hurricane could simply becuase you cannot predict them. At least with a hurricane/tornado, we know when they are coming and can head for the hills.

Mar 4, 2007
no doubt^

tornadoes and hurricanes are easier to withstand(i'm sayin if your not in florida or louisiana)
and get away from, in time. earthquakes will happen in a snap. that wouldn't KEEP ME away from california but its just something to consider when people are tryin to keep risk management a major factor.

my gramma and grampa got scared of cali after the 89 quake, and moved to reno, and then last year their house got stuck by lightening when they were on some trip lol.
if they were in it, they would have died.
ain't that a bitch lol.

(they are now planning to move to n. dakota hahaha)