FUCK BALLYS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2006
I'm trying to cancel my membership but these bitches wont let me unless i write some stupid ass letter or move 50 miles away from a ballys WTF. I'm paying hella a month and I'm trying to switch to a local gym. Any of ya'll had a ballys membership and canceled?

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
That sucks you dont read things you sign...

From a Ballys Membership counselor...

"I personally am one of the membership counselors who explains in plain English to each member who signs their contract. We NEVER tell them that they can "cancel anytime they want," or sign up minors. We are clear from the beginning that they have a set amount of time in which they may cancel, but beyond that they are responsible for FULFILLING THEIR AGREEMENT."

"It is not a crooked business; but often members believe our contracts are something they will just get out of whenever they want "because they said so." If you think you are above the law, you are not. We follow the same financial and contractual structure as 95% of the health and wellness centers in this country. The law can, will, and has upheld our payment drafts in every single chargeback case we have ever processed."

"What people think they are getting away with when they sign up for a fitness center is deplorable. People think they can come in, get 3 months free, and cancel their membership before they get drafted for their first paid month. Then when you tell them that they signed an agreement, they will say anything, whether true or a blatant lie, to get out of that agreement. I have had people I personally signed up and vividly remember conversating with about the cancellation policy say that they never even signed an agreement or have been in the building. One woman told us that she had never even lived in the state the club was located in. We mailed a fraud notice to her address down the street a few days later, and she magically received it the next day. She also magically still had a local home phone number and magically drove to the facility within 30 minutes of phone conversation from three states away. We had a gentleman who claimed that he cancelled his membership 10 years ago and angrily demand to know why we were calling him 10 years later. We had only been in business for two years at the time."

"IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO FULFILL YOUR CONTRACT, DON'T SIGN IT."

...There it is dude, read before you sign.

Good day sir!

Oct 3, 2006
I'm trying to cancel my membership but these bitches wont let me unless i write some stupid ass letter or move 50 miles away from a ballys WTF. I'm paying hella a month and I'm trying to switch to a local gym. Any of ya'll had a ballys membership and canceled?
yeah i had the same situation, they make u call corporate and write a letter. I did that 3 year contract and after it was expired i thought it would have stopped gettin money from my account, but they still kept chargin, but as nine2five said, should have read the contract cause it said they would just renew automatically....the only thing that is a pain, is getting a hold of someone from corporate, cause your on hold forever.

Aug 9, 2005
those snakes did me dirty too..........I went for consultation wayyyyyyy back in the day sighned someshit for what i was told eas a free week and waiver if i got hurt......they starit lied it was a year contract I wnt back to confront dude fuck a phone I was gonna scare the life out dudes bitch ass but he wasent there both times i went...went to collections after that I read what the fuck i sign shit that was in 1998 or some shit Ballys I thought was obsolete?