FUCK 7TH HEAVEN: Or how NOT to run a business.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2005
Let me preface this by saying I have bought music from 7th Heaven for several years. I buy all my local KC rap cd's from there, and most of my Bay Area ones. I have spent a fair amount of money there. Up until today, I always enjoyed going there.

I went there to buy the new Rich the Factor CD. Went to the counter, dude did his thing where he opened the case, showed me the cd, bla bla, paid my 18 bucks. For those that haven't seen it, the new Rich cd uses a DVD type case. Discs get cracked in these all the time. I get in my car, open the case up, and see the cd has a very tiny faint crack. I'm like fuck it, should probably still play - put it in my player, no dice. CD comes out, crack is even bigger now. I'm like DAMN - and run back inside to return it.

This is where it gets fun. Dude at the counter is like NO! I showed you the CD, you broke it, it didn't have a crack! I'm like, what the fuck? I was standing 3 feet away from him with sunglasses on, how would I see that tiny crack. Not to mention I only had it in my possession for under 5 minutes, how the hell would I break it? He sends me over to talk to this girl. She essentially tells me to go fuck myself, accuses me of breaking the CD, and tells me if I want another one I have to buy it AGAIN. HUH? At this point I become very pissed off, and say I am never buying another cd there again. She just shrugs.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Seriously. They could have just replaced my CD (I'm sure they are selling them at a 2x Markup, so they could have replaced it and STILL been breaking even on me, not to mention gain my future business). Instead, they decided to tell me to fuck off and now I am here. And by here, I mean filing a chargeback with my bank, and getting my money back - and never spending another dollar there again.

So essentially: Buy at 7th Heaven at your own risk. They value a 10 dollar margin over their customers, and have no problem accusing you of breaking shit and then trying to rip them off.

Jun 3, 2006
you should have looked at the cd closer, aint that why they opened it for you?

when you go to the bank and they count out your money, do you just take their word for it and leave?....or do you count it again right in front of em?

Nov 1, 2005
you should have looked at the cd closer, aint that why they opened it for you?

when you go to the bank and they count out your money, do you just take their word for it and leave?....or do you count it again right in front of em?
Are you fucking kidding me? It was like a centimeter long, and they don't hand it to you to examine it. For all I know he broke it when it put it back in the damn case. Seriously, WTF?

Jun 3, 2006
thats fucked up, i wanted to see what sumone had to say about that cd too....ive heard boy big on fat tones shit, but ive never heard of felix mitchell the billionaire

Apr 25, 2002
Let me preface this by saying I have bought music from 7th Heaven for several years. I buy all my local KC rap cd's from there, and most of my Bay Area ones. I have spent a fair amount of money there. Up until today, I always enjoyed going there.

I went there to buy the new Rich the Factor CD. Went to the counter, dude did his thing where he opened the case, showed me the cd, bla bla, paid my 18 bucks. For those that haven't seen it, the new Rich cd uses a DVD type case. Discs get cracked in these all the time. I get in my car, open the case up, and see the cd has a very tiny faint crack. I'm like fuck it, should probably still play - put it in my player, no dice. CD comes out, crack is even bigger now. I'm like DAMN - and run back inside to return it.

This is where it gets fun. Dude at the counter is like NO! I showed you the CD, you broke it, it didn't have a crack! I'm like, what the fuck? I was standing 3 feet away from him with sunglasses on, how would I see that tiny crack. Not to mention I only had it in my possession for under 5 minutes, how the hell would I break it? He sends me over to talk to this girl. She essentially tells me to go fuck myself, accuses me of breaking the CD, and tells me if I want another one I have to buy it AGAIN. HUH? At this point I become very pissed off, and say I am never buying another cd there again. She just shrugs.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

Seriously. They could have just replaced my CD (I'm sure they are selling them at a 2x Markup, so they could have replaced it and STILL been breaking even on me, not to mention gain my future business). Instead, they decided to tell me to fuck off and now I am here. And by here, I mean filing a chargeback with my bank, and getting my money back - and never spending another dollar there again.

So essentially: Buy at 7th Heaven at your own risk. They value a 10 dollar margin over their customers, and have no problem accusing you of breaking shit and then trying to rip them off.

So they selling shit that aint sealed? and chargin 18 for it? Im guessing them mutha fuckas got em for $4-5 dollars from the artist. They could afford giving you a cd. Thats why the ones here all outta business. Some dumb mutha fuckas working there. And what mutha fucka shows you a cd to examine it? Is it the fuckin in house store disc or some shit.
one

Jun 3, 2006
Since when should a consumer have to worry about examining CD's? Seriously someone at 7th Heaven dropped the ball on this one.
they shouldnt and ive never heard of a store doin that, so im thinkin it happens all the time, and thats how they cover their ass

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
did you speak to a manager or just some workers

u gotta take that shit to the top when they try to fuck you like that

Aug 31, 2005
SOUND LIKE U CAUGHT A BAD ONE HOMIE...I KNOW FROM YOUR POST ON HERE U REALLY SUPPORT KC ARTIST AND WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE U OUT HERE. I'VE BUMPED MY HEAD A FEW TIMES UP THERE TOO, BUT THEY GOOD PEOPLES. I'LL HOLLA AT 'EM AND IF U WANNA GET STRAIGHT, I'M SURE THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. IF U DON'T COP FROM THERE, U GON MISS OUT...SAD TO SAY BUT TRUE. SOME JOINTS AROUND THE TOWN CAN ONLY BE FOUND THERE.
IF YOU WANNA GET TIGHT PM ME AND I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

KEEP SUPPORTIN YOUR LOCAL INDY ARTIST!

M.U.T.T.

Nov 1, 2005
SOUND LIKE U CAUGHT A BAD ONE HOMIE...I KNOW FROM YOUR POST ON HERE U REALLY SUPPORT KC ARTIST AND WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE U OUT HERE. I'VE BUMPED MY HEAD A FEW TIMES UP THERE TOO, BUT THEY GOOD PEOPLES. I'LL HOLLA AT 'EM AND IF U WANNA GET STRAIGHT, I'M SURE THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. IF U DON'T COP FROM THERE, U GON MISS OUT...SAD TO SAY BUT TRUE. SOME JOINTS AROUND THE TOWN CAN ONLY BE FOUND THERE.
IF YOU WANNA GET TIGHT PM ME AND I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.

KEEP SUPPORTIN YOUR LOCAL INDY ARTIST!

M.U.T.T.
It's cool and I appreciate the offer, but I'm not really even trippin at this point - I'll get a friend to burn me the CD cuz I know a buncha people that are gonna buy it. Honestly isnt even worth the hassle over 18 bucks. I just wanted to get it out there that they treat people like this, and you need to watch yourself if you buy stuff there. I have worked a lot of retail and I know how to treat customers, and this is definitely NOT the way to do it. I will just buy shit at wax factory instead even if i gotta drive a minute

Aug 22, 2005
Man what ever happend to keeping the customer happy and coming back? especially with those prices they got going on over there!!!! Man they have all the local shit I support so i've bought my fair share of cd's there before but shit they have no competition in Missouri so i guess they can do that! Fucked up situation

Jan 31, 2005
Streetmonstaz been doin biz up there for a while, everybody up there is helpful and cool. Theres prolly one person up there who gave you a hardtime and is a asshole, anybody doin regular biz up there know who it is. go up there talk to JOJO or Greg they good people. We got to keep supportin the mom and pop shops, 7th heaven is one of the few real ones left where you can get them good independent joints plus more.

Nov 1, 2005
Streetmonstaz been doin biz up there for a while, everybody up there is helpful and cool. Theres prolly one person up there who gave you a hardtime and is a asshole, anybody doin regular biz up there know who it is. go up there talk to JOJO or Greg they good people. We got to keep supportin the mom and pop shops, 7th heaven is one of the few real ones left where you can get them good independent joints plus more.
I try to support them but when I get treated like that I'm not gonna anymore. anyway, isn't 7th heaven owned by some old ass people that live in leawood? I remember reading that when they got raided a couple years back. Always though that was pretty hilarious.

May 20, 2006
I try to support them but when I get treated like that I'm not gonna anymore. anyway, isn't 7th heaven owned by some old ass people that live in leawood? I remember reading that when they got raided a couple years back. Always though that was pretty hilarious.
--U R Not Supporting 7th Heaven--- U R Supporting local artists
7th Heaven is owned by Jan Fischmann. He's an older white guy, that is as cool as they come. Your situation is fucced up, but the staff at the store, isn't the staff that 7th Heaven built their rep on. Jan has helped a lot of people make money in the KC music scene, not just KC artists, but Bay artists and Texas artists also. Trust me, you won't hurt Jan's pockets one bit by not shopping at 7th Heaven. He doesn't need the store personally, but he keeps it open for what it means to the music community. They got raided because Jan stepped on some toes and the Feds cracked down on him. Still in business, though. If losing $18, makes you that upset, get a better source of income. 7th Heaven is an institution, everybody can't be happy.

Jan 16, 2009
JUST AN FYI THE STORE HAS BEEN AROUND OVER 35 YEARS... SOLD 4TRACKS TO CDS...

AS YOU MAY HAVE SEEN I AM IN CHARGE OF RAPKC.COM AS WELL AS A MANAGER AT 7TH HEAVEN ... AS FOR MARKUP IT IS NO SECRET... WE PAY THE ARTIST EXACTLY WHAT THEY ASK FOR THEIR CDS... AS FOR RICH'S $18 PRICE TAG... HE WANTED $9 A DISC HIMSELF.... SO 7TH HEAVEN CHARGES $9 X 2...I THINK THAT IS 18... I AM SURE THAT IF YOU WENT TO BUSINESS SCHOOL AS JAN DID, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THIS IS STANDARD (IF NOT A LITTLE LOW) RETAIL MARKUP... NICE TRY... AS FOR A FAULTY DISC... IT DOES HAPPEN WITH LOCAL ARTISTS... HOWEVER IF YOU BRING THE CD AND RECIPT RIGHT BACK IN TO ANY MANAGER YOU WOULD HAVE NO PROBLEM GETTING ANOTHER ONE... YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW... BC I AM A MANAGER AND THAT IS WHAT WE ARE TOLD TO DO BY JAN HIMSELF.

YOU CAN VERIFY THE PRICING SYSTEM WITH ANY LOCAL ARTIST IN KC, TEXAS, BAY WELL, ANYWHERE...