FUCC MAN, GET LOW RECORDS HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
O

Oboy

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN EDITED FOR WACK MATERIAL AND IS NOW SUITABLE FOR VIEW BY THE GENERAL AUDIENCE

Dec 2, 2002
all i want to know is if that GLP - Straight Out The Gutter album is still available. i had it before, but as usual, it got jacked and i want that album again because it was tight! i want to know if i can purchase a sealed copy of it brand new, but if not that, than i'll take a used one ;)

May 10, 2002
"All I want to know is if that GLP - Straight Out The Gutter album is still available",

Sickness I hope you just made a mistake cuz its called Straight Out the Lab if you dont know, If your making fun of it you better kick with that shit, thats one of the biggest classics!!!!

Shemp

Graphic Artist
May 3, 2002
D-Moe had the cover done by someone before he knew the actual tracklisting... He brought the cover to me to "fix up," which I did, but the photoshop file was already "flattened" & we couldn't change the feature list even though we wanted to... I thought the album was dope... D-Moe put that album together, not JT... I think it's worth the money...

Feb 19, 2003
The best way to avoid EXCESSIVE recycling when buying newer Get Low CDs is to follow three rules:

1). Try to stick with the "solo" albums (JT solos, Gamblaz, JT and Gamblaz, Seff, Authentic, Telly Mac, etc.).

2). Try to avoid anything that looks like a compilation: BAY AREA BOSSES 1, FRISCO BOYS AIN'T NO PUNKS, NEIGHBORHOOD SUPERSTARS, CORPORATE THUGGIN', etc. (Exception: FROM FILLMOE 2 DA CRESTSIDE from '98). Compilations in general tend to be suspect as far as recycling tracks anyway, so this rule should be common sense to any Bay Area Rap fan.

3. If you see a "collaboration" CD which makes you think, "this seems unlikely", it probably is, and you'll most likely get more recycled tracks then you knew existed. BEWARE OF THOSE 1, GOTTA GET IT, BLOCK SHIT, FROM QB 2 COMPTON, and STREET WARZ were like this, judging from the tracklistings which I read and learned about from different sources (Amazon, word of mouth, etc). Exceptions: JT and Daz's "GAME FOR SALE" (one recycled track, #6) and "LONG BEACH 2 FILLMOE", both on which Daz appeared fairly often and both of which had some dope tracks, IMHO.

Here's an example of how following Rule #1 worked for me: I found out (from checking tracklistings for Get Low's recent compilations/"collabs" on AMAZON and elsewhere) that JT's "Hustle Relentless" (a dope CD, IMHO) had several recycled tracks ("Neighborhood Supastar", "Know About It", "The Other Side of The Game" and "457 Representaz").

In the end, though, the only track which "felt" recycled to me was "457 Representaz", because I had bought JT and The Gamblaz "Know About It" CD (on which "457" first appeared). But because I never bought STREET WARZ (on which "The Other Side of The Game 2" first appeared), the NEIGHBORHOOD SUPASTARS compilation (which I think "Neighborhood Supastar" was on) or WEST COAST BAD BOYZ 3 (on which "Know About It" first appeared), I feel as though I didn't really get "burned." These three tracks were thus "new" to me.

One more example: while Seff and 4-Tay's "We Both Thugs" (from Seff's "Leathal Weapon") was recycled on the FRISCO BOYS AIN'T NO PUNKS compilation, I managed to avoid feeling ripped off by just buying "Leathal Weapon" and avoiding the FRISCO BOYS compilation.

It helps, also, to network with people you know who are into Bay Area Rap to give tracklistings for compilations and whatnot. And looking CDs up on Amazon, CD Now and other music-oriented engines is another good way to look before you buy. This system's worked pretty well for me, as JT's "Hustle Relentless", JT and The Gamblaz' "Know About It", Authentic's fine "Solo Album", Seff's "Leathal Weapon" and Telly Mac's not-great-but-not-bad "Business is Business" have stayed in my rotation, without the repetition that would result from buying compilations and "collaborations." Let's hope, though, that JT will go back to making all new songs if his deal with Universal works out. PEACE!

Dec 2, 2002
oh yeah duh, i was thinking of U.N.L.V. for some reason. sorry about that, but yeah, that Straight Out The Lab is what i'm looking for, because i've already got Straight Out the Gutter. but is that GLP still available?