Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2018
wtf that math book just got here and not only is it the right one shit is pretty much brand new, with a couple of the corners barely dented but thats it. shit was $25.01 on amazon and $270 in the student book store LOL

ive known for a while textbooks were a scam but shit like this is unbelievable. im pretty sure we only use like 4 chapters of it this quarter and use the same book for Calc II. i should re-sell it after Calc II for like $50 :ROFLMAO:
Thats old news breh. They stay rippin niggas off for textbooks lol. Getting students to spend hundreds when you really dont even need the book to pass the class. I had five classes this semester and only bought one book (online for $90, a rip off in itself) and got a 3.3 and didnt read a single fuckin book besides borrowing my homegirl's for my sales class a couple of times lol. Long as you pay attention in class, youre straight.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Thats old news breh. They stay rippin niggas off for textbooks lol. Getting students to spend hundreds when you really dont even need the book to pass the class. I had five classes this semester and only bought one book (online for $90, a rip off in itself) and got a 3.3 and didnt read a single fuckin book besides borrowing my homegirl's for my sales class a couple of times lol. Long as you pay attention in class, youre straight.
You're lucky you've never gotten one of them instructors that require the online code that comes with brand new books.

It's a way the textbook companies have gotten around people buying used. For the last couple of years a lot of classes are requiring brand new books because the book comes with a code for a website where you actually submit the work. Colleges are getting kickbacks from the textbook companies so it's becoming more and more of a thing. They even made it so if you already have a used book you can buy just the online access, but it's still crazy fucking expensive for just the online access. They're killing off used books and bootleg pdf books.

Feb 1, 2018
You're lucky you've never gotten one of them instructors that require the online code that comes with brand new books.

It's a way the textbook companies have gotten around people buying used. For the last couple of years a lot of classes are requiring brand new books because the book comes with a code for a website where you actually submit the work. Colleges are getting kickbacks from the textbook companies so it's becoming more and more of a thing. They even made it so if you already have a used book you can buy just the online access, but it's still crazy fucking expensive for just the online access. They're killing off used books and bootleg pdf books.
Oh, I have lol. It's my fourth year at the school and luckily this past semester i didnt have one of those, but i fa sho have in prior semesters.

At this point I figure to just spend as little money as possible. we start up again on monday the 13th and i havent gotten my books yet, and dont plan on it unless theres one of those codes, or a professor says the book is absolutely imperative for the class. then again, i had a professor say that this past semester and that he was gonna give us reading quizzes. this nigga gave us one quiz the entire semester and it was four questions and damn near common sense lol.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Those fucking codes would piss me off every time. The absolute worst was when it was required in fucking English 101 and English 102. $100 code just to do easy exercises that were required and were 1/4 of the grade. The majority of the class was outside of that code website on and normal school canvas, but they just had to fuck with us and add that shit in sprinkled on top for no reason whatsoever all like "we're gonna make you pay for something that won't teach you anything with exercises that only take a few minutes to do, but we're gonna make it a massive part of your grade to make sure you pay for it, even though you don't need it."

One of my math classes had that code shit also and all the homework was on a code website, but then my next math class after that the teacher put all the work on a free pdf book for us to print out and just turn in. Kind of tells me the first math class was absolute bullshit and a scam.

Fuck textbook companies.

RemyRoux

Sep 8, 2018
Her user name is "So Damn Tired". I went through her pictures, she's a suburban white woman in Canada that skis for a hobby. The fuck are you tired from? Too much fake outrage making you sleepy?
lol that bitch doesn't give a fuck about those dead, she just wants the attention

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

yeah thats why i took this one professor i had last quarter, who is kind of annoying and neurotic but he made it a point to use an openstax math book and gave us the pdf for the python book for free. and bam, statistics book was a free pdf and he gave us a free pdf for an older version of the java book, and tailored the homework to be able to use the newer or the old. the previous math class had a book we had to use an online access code to submit all the online homework. even though i had to buy the calc book the homework is all on paper thankfully so no worries about any stupid access codes

the most cancerous thing ever though is professors that require their OWN textbook to be bought at some outrageous price, and tailor the homework and exams to be based on specific things you could only know by taking detailed notes and doing the exercises directly from their book. thankfully i havent run into one of those yet

Last edited:
Props: InfamousICON