Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
NFL should switch it up like the NBA did and just have the teams with the best records make it. Division champions are retarded.

I remember when the Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5, but the 8-8 Chargers made it cause the AFC West sucked.

That's about to happen again this year in the NFC, some 10-6 or 11-5 team is gonna miss out when a garbage team from the NFC East makes it.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Just read that rapper died yesterday cause he swallowed a bunch of percocets right as the Feds came on his private jet to search it. Dude had 70 pounds of weed on the plane, so he was gonna take a charge anyway, so there was no point in swallowing the pills. He apparently started to OD in the middle of the FBI searching his plane.

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/...JFXgNhPdxGKIFw1pP4YChliT1addbH31jVZ2MiTwapihU

RemyRoux

Sep 8, 2018
NFL should switch it up like the NBA did and just have the teams with the best records make it. Division champions are retarded.

I remember when the Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5, but the 8-8 Chargers made it cause the AFC West sucked.

That's about to happen again this year in the NFC, some 10-6 or 11-5 team is gonna miss out when a garbage team from the NFC East makes it.
Teams can afford to fly nation wide, not sure why it's not just one league and the top 8 teams make it to the playoffs

First week 1v4, 2v3, winners advance get a week off, losers play winners of 5v8(loser eliminated) 6v7(loser eliminated), winners play first week winners in semi final, then superbowl

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Just read that rapper died yesterday cause he swallowed a bunch of percocets right as the Feds came on his private jet to search it. Dude had 70 pounds of weed on the plane, so he was gonna take a charge anyway, so there was no point in swallowing the pills. He apparently started to OD in the middle of the FBI searching his plane.

https://www.complex.com/music/2019/...JFXgNhPdxGKIFw1pP4YChliT1addbH31jVZ2MiTwapihU
Because the pills get prosecuted heavier, he was an idiot with no guidance

Last edited:
Props: BUTCHER 206
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz

There were 11 teams with better records when the Giants won their last Superbowl tho so there will always be that argument.

Props: BUTCHER 206
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
There were 11 teams with better records when the Giants won their last Superbowl tho so there will always be that argument.
There were only 5 teams with better records in the NFC when the Giants won after going 9-7. NFC was really bad that year, both Wild Cards were 10-6, but there were no other 10-6 teams in the NFC that could have claimed the system was broken that year.

The NFL was weird as fuck that year. 10 out of 16 NFC teams were at or below .500 and 10 out of 16 AFC teams were at or below .500. 20 out of 32 teams in the league couldn't break .500 that year lol

It just bugs me when one division can fuck up an entire conference. As much as I dislike the Patriots when they're 11-5 and missing the playoffs, but an 8-8 team gets in it's stupid. Or when the 7-9 Seahawks get in, but two 10-6 teams miss out, it's stupid as fuck. A team that couldn't even hit .500 gets in, but two teams with respectable records get told to fuck off.

It makes the regular season look pointless and this year it could be even worse, 3 teams have the possibility of being better than the NFC East winner and missing the playoffs. I'm glad the NBA changed it to the best records making it.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
There were only 5 teams with better records in the NFC when the Giants won after going 9-7. NFC was really bad that year, both Wild Cards were 10-6, but there were no other 10-6 teams in the NFC that could have claimed the system was broken that year.

The NFL was weird as fuck that year. 10 out of 16 NFC teams were at or below .500 and 10 out of 16 AFC teams were at or below .500. 20 out of 32 teams in the league couldn't break .500 that year lol

It just bugs me when one division can fuck up an entire conference. As much as I dislike the Patriots when they're 11-5 and missing the playoffs, but an 8-8 team gets in it's stupid. Or when the 7-9 Seahawks get in, but two 10-6 teams miss out, it's stupid as fuck. A team that couldn't even hit .500 gets in, but two teams with respectable records get told to fuck off.

It makes the regular season look pointless and this year it could be even worse, 3 teams have the possibility of being better than the NFC East winner and missing the playoffs. I'm glad the NBA changed it to the best records making it.
Maybe I misread your initial post, I thought you meant for 8 NFL teams to make playoffs regardless of division etc. There were 8 teams with better records in NFL than the Giants (I said 11 because I thought they went 8-8, I was wrong). Also based on NFL tie breakers, there were three 9-7 teams that year and I'm not sure the Giants won those tie breakers to be the 9th best regular season team.

My point is that they never would have won that Superbowl with a format change, if only 8 best regular season records make playoffs. The worst team in the NFL is only 3-5 players away from a ring, that's just the level of talent we are dealing with (owners and mgmt get in the way for than often of that talent).

I respect your argument though, has to be disheartening when you go 11-5 and are at home in January

I like the fact that a team in a historically tough division like the NFC East has a shot and I am a fan of 0 teams in the NFC East. TBH I don't care what the format is, I just want to choose the winning horses when I lay my bet down.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Maybe I misread your initial post, I thought you meant for 8 NFL teams to make playoffs regardless of division etc.
I'm cool with 6 teams from each conference making it, like it is now. I just want to see the 6 best teams from each conference. I don't see the point of the regular season if a trash team makes it just because they so happened to be grouped up with other trash teams. Divisions having an impact on playoffs is weak

Keep divisions for the fans to get to see division rivalry games every year. I almost want them to make division games only once a year, instead of twice a year and just rotate who is the home team each year. One of the things that keeps the Patriots with a great record every year is them getting to play the Jets, Dolphins, and Bills (before this year) twice a year each, basically giving the Patriots 6 gimme games every single season, strong teams in weak divisions basically get a head start.

I'm gonna laugh if the Cowboys or Eagles finish 6-10 or 7-9 and get a home game against a 13-3 Seahawks or 49ers team. Them making the playoffs is a slap in the face enough, but they get a home game too lol