Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Honestly because you don't understand the sport... it's like me commenting on rugby or cricket. I have no clues about those sports, and I can't tell you a greatness from shittiness.

You inability to understand or accept the game does not = shitty.

Baseball is slow sport, yet we understand the mental part of it, and appreciate the burst of power in it. You can go entire 9 innings with just a few hits, yet will be considered a great game. Your argument is invalid due to your lack of knowledge.
Explain to me what I dont understand. Ive watched it. What is the assumption I have know idea about the sport?

Maybe the fact that its shitty is why its shitty.

Baseball is a slow sport. But the defense of being slow isnt "Well it really isnt; you just dont get it" like it is with soccer. And even if the terrible pace and boring play was part of some type of strategy what kinda game or plan is it to end the game in a tie?

Thats the second tier beef I have with soccer. This uppity fuckin superiority attitude held by eurotrash soccer fans and south of the border soccer apologists. Oh the fat dumb american doesnt get it; haha this is the best sport. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
you'll are blind... you have a game with teams led by Messi and Ronaldo. That's a big game
I'm with you, but fuck ronaldo and messi and fuck fifalona and real madrid, those cunts get bankrolled so much it's not fair to the rest of la liga.

Soccer is dope from time to time, I watch some Premier League games every once in a while. Chelsea has been my squad since I started watching it like 10 years ago.
Same here but about 18 years ago in the mid 90's when they were average in the EPL. I got the shirts and magazines from then too.

Soccer is dumb. Ive yet to hear a rational explanation why it isnt from anyone ever. 99.9% of the time all I hear is "The rest of the world plays it." Well who gives half a fuck? Or its "exciting". Not it abso-fuckin-lutely is not. "Oh well, they run the equivelent of 4 miles during the game." Thats it? 4 miles over the larger side of 4 hours is 3.--mph, If I wanted to watch people jog for 4 hours I'd go to the park, then I'd gauge my eyes out with knitting needles. Its boring, inconsistently ruled and officiated, slow, undesicive, overexgagerated, as overly advertised and corrupt as every other sport on earth. Its absolute horse-shit; you run around for 4 hours (kinda sorta ish) watch some asshole flop around worse that divac, and then thats it, its over, 0-0, or 1-1, or some other ungodly tie; more than half the time. Give it up, you dont see tennis fans shitting their pants in anxiety over defending their sport to the rest of the world. Soccer sucks.
Explain to me what I dont understand. Ive watched it. What is the assumption I have know idea about the sport?

Baseball is a slow sport. But the defense of being slow isnt "Well it really isnt; you just dont get it" like it is with soccer. And even if the terrible pace and boring play was part of some type of strategy what kinda game or plan is it to end the game in a tie?

Thats the second tier beef I have with soccer. This uppity fuckin superiority attitude held by eurotrash soccer fans and south of the border soccer apologists. Oh the fat dumb american doesnt get it; haha this is the best sport. Fuck outta here with that bullshit.
It is played by the world because most of the world is poor and the game doesn't cost alot to play. It's a great game once you understand the depth of it, as is NFL.

Americans get a bad rep cause they hate on anything and everything that isn't american lol.

With the internet that gap is closing now, which is good breh.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
It is played by the world because most of the world is poor and the game doesn't cost alot to play. It's a great game once you understand the depth of it, as is NFL.

Americans get a bad rep cause they hate on anything and everything that isn't american lol.

With the internet that gap is closing now, which is good breh.
I never asked why it was popular, I asked why it isnt terrible. Do you have an actual answer or do you want to answer another question nobody asked? Explain this 'depth' to me; and if the explanation is 'lots of poor people play' Im going to shit a fuckin brick. You may have drank the kool-aid, but Im not playing ball because some PE teacher in elementary school gave a pro-soccer motivational speech.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002

I'm not aiming to change your mind, just educate you a bit. I don't care you like the sport or not - but it's weird that you have such a high lack of respect for the game - which makes me think you have no clue what the fuck your watching when you see it on tv. In your eyes its a bunch of people running around, that fall when they get hit ( like the nba when they foul every time going to the hole).

* Soccer can be slow, it can also be incredibly fast - with counter attacks that lead to goals.

* Footwork is not easy, have you ever tired to dribble a ball, with precision through someone?

* Soccer is a game of finding space on the field which is in a sense crowded by 20 players not including goalkeepers. Many of those passes are trying to set up runs and threw balls.

* I'm not a fan of the falling, and trying to get the call from the ref. I won't defend that.

* Soccer is a non stop sport, meaning that there is next to no time out, and very few breaks. The best conditioned team usually has advantaged because in all sports when you get tired thats when errors happen, more so in soccer.

* Soccer when there is a goal it a very exciting experience because it is not easy. It's not like football/ basketball with a huge score line.

* Soccer has different methods of play. There is european style that tend to long ball into space, and are heavy on ariel attacks. You also have Brasilian style that relies on a triangle that every person in position tries to have a 2 options to pass too.

* The game can be like a chess game, leading up to the score.

* The game can be similar to American football that there is a lot of individual battles, and match ups that might no directly impact the score, but impacts the flow of the game.

* It's one of the few sports in the world and honesty farms the best players world wide. When watching some of these games these are the best players in the world, not just a nation.

* The game can be brutal, and just as physical as any other sport we enjoy.

Like futbol/football/soccer or not, is ok, but you should know it more going on then what you realize. Maybe playing it throughout my life, gives me a different love and understanding. I also played football, and baseball growing up, and understand those sports as well, which give me a equal love.

I defend american football on the soccer forums because those idiots don't understand the sport enough to appreciate it... exactly how you sound.

Last edited:

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Notice there was no "poor" people play it in my argument. It's a game of fine strategy from formations, to the way you either hit wings, or small passes to the goal. There is a defense line, how high do you play that line, you make it harder for opposition to get passed due to offsides, get caught slippen, and its a 1 on 1 vs goalie.

It's a game that mix's power with finesse... just admit, you hate it, but you never really know about the game except your pre-notion.

We will call it even.

Last edited:

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
NAMO @NAMO I am a Benfica fan, and will support Madrid on those games because Pepe and Ronaldo. Obvious I am a portuguese futbol fan lol

I hate Barcelona aka Spanish National team + Messi.