Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Maybe because he had a knife in his hand and was actively resisting being arrested for outstanding warrants for domestic abuse, sexual assault, trespassing and other crimes while trying to get into a car full of children 😂
There's multiple cops and they all have tazers and night sticks. If they can't handle one dude, they shouldn't be cops.

Scared fat dorks with nothing more than a GED or high school diploma with 4 months of training get to determine whether people live or die.

Also, there is video of him breaking free from police after they tried to restrain him
Imagine not being able to restrain a single guy with an entire crew of people. These are the weaklings we're handing guns to.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
When I was in Afghanistan, if I shot a Taliban fighter in the back 7 times I would've been court marshaled and thrown in Leavenworth to rot for the rest of my life.

It's hilarious how soldiers fighting in wars are held to a higher standard when killing "enemy" war fighters than police are in America when it comes to killing Americans.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
And everyone knows that; so why resist and just say fuck it and throw your life away and expect some kind of different outcome lol

He knew what was going to happen when he jumped in his car and reached down into it
and none of that means these cops should get a pass

Because a guy is a stupid scumbag doesn't mean cops should be able to get free reign to shoot him in the back.

Do I personally give a fuck that a rapist wife beater is now paralyzed from the waist down? Fuck no, fuck that guy. But I also don't want to live in a country where morons that barely graduated high school with limited training get to have a free pass to be executioners. Hell the fuck no.

Man up, subdue him, and have him face the supposed "justice" system. aka do your fucking job.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
The goal posts always move in these situations and there's no possible way to debate it. If beat someone it's why couldn't they have talked it out. If you taze someone it was excessive force. If you taze someone with a weapon it's still excessive force. If you taze someone and beat someone with a weapon who's actively attacking someone it's still excessive force. If you shoot someone with a gun it's why couldn't it have been talked out. If you shoot someone who shoots at you it's still going to be excessive force somehow. It all comes down to mental illness and there being poor support systems in place and the burden being placed on poorly trained officers to respond to crisis situations or an attempted arrest causing a crisis. I don't see how de funding the police could possibly solve anything at all. If anything they should be funded more and trained more in crisis intervention if they're going to be the ones to shoulder the problem. That's just my take

Props: NotAllThere

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
and none of that means these cops should get a pass

Because a guy is a stupid scumbag doesn't mean cops should be able to get free reign to shoot him in the back.

Do I personally give a fuck that a rapist wife beater is now paralyzed from the waist down? Fuck no, fuck that guy. But I also don't want to live in a country where morons that barely graduated high school with limited training get to have a free pass to be executioners. Hell the fuck no.
Very true. The training basically comes down to "do x and y to protect your own life and the police union will defend you at all costs"; so they're placed in these terrible no-win situations with that poor training and it's not good for anybody. And yes there absolutely are pieces of shit who can't handle the stress of the job or have their own issues who take it to extreme and abuse that power and should be weeded out and charged. This whole anti-police mentality going on right now though is toxic for everyone and I think it's causing a lot of police to double down and be even more extreme in their actions and it's not good for anyone. I don't really have any suggestions to solve it there's just too many factors and too much emotion involved

Props: NotAllThere
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
One of the biggest issues is the police never wanting to cross the "thin blue line" when other police fuck up. It's fucking gross every time I hear things like "not all cops are bad" or "it's a small percentage that are bad". Meanwhile all of the supposed "good" cops sit there and allow all of the bad cops to roam free.

We're at a point where cops would rather hold their own little sympathy rallies and push this "Blue Lives Matter" bullshit rather than weeding out the bad cops.

I've seen stories recently of cops flat out quitting police forces because they would try and point out the bad cops and do something about it and they were met with being called a traitor and shit on. I've also seen stories of cops being fired when they try and step in and stop other cops from using excessive force.

Police have had the "us vs. them" mentality since day one and are now crying when more and more Americans are giving the same mentality back to them.

Props: BUTCHER 206

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I don't see how defunding the police or basically openly declaring war on police is going to stop any of that; if anything the police will just double down even more and people resisting police out of protest is just going to create more potential fatal incidents and civil unrest. Seattle went through one of the most extensive Depart of Justice reforms that I can think of; their use of force manual is like a book and any time they use force they have to go in front of a citizen review board. All it did was make officers go to other departments in the surrounding areas where they got paid more and were respected more by citizens, and they stopped policing crimes like vandalism and theft and drug use. Then the city council voted to slash their funding which would have fired almost entirely all new hires which the vast majority of were minority hires more trained towards community outreach deescalation type things and basically undid all the progress that's been gained over the years. And for what? To shift the funding towards hiring citizens which are even more poorly trained and even more likely to have biases and create a possible national incident or who can possibly be killed

none of it makes sense. I don't see any solutions being put forth by anyone just mass divide and conquer right on schedule for the election season