Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 21, 2016
HDMI 2.0 handles audio and video now; and nVidia vid cards are basically plug and play with receivers and tv's these days.

least thats what I gathered from about 5 minutes of half-assed research lol
what the fuck

video and audio are seperate lol what are you telling me about video, I'm asking you about audio

You need a sound card on your mainboard, use an optical to the amp (receiver) from the soundcard and speaker wire to the speakers

Jun 21, 2016
No. Right now I'm using a Soundblaster Z; and I'm saying it's fucking terrible and has no business being in a home theater set up, and I want to use a receiver instead.

I will literally break this sound blaster z in half just to make a point how much I think this thing fucking sucks and just to make a point
ok, but you need a better sound card and connect that to the amp via optical

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
receiver is called an amplifier here
I don't know... you said "amp" and i thought this

rl]
[FUCKYOUSICCNESSrl]http://www.ebay.com/p/JL-Audio-500-1-1-Channel-Car-Amp/83094673[/url]
[/ur

I'm holding onto this thing I should try to sell it

I put it on craigslist like 2 years ago and within like 5 hours I got 3 offers; one for $300 one for $200 and someone else was like "well how much were you hoping to get" and I pulled the listing then ignored them all lol

Jun 21, 2016
I don't know... you said "amp" and i thought this

JL Audio 500/1 1-Channel Car Amp | eBay

I'm holding onto this thing I should try to sell it

I put it on craigslist like 2 years ago and within like 5 hours I got 3 offers; one for $300 one for $200 and someone else was like "well how much were you hoping to get" and I pulled the listing then ignored them all lol
I can't see anything but a block of white i nthat pic

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I see it now, yes JL are dope, most American speakers/amps are the best, people use them for competition here. Stay away from jap crap.
500W RMS at any impedance 1.5-4.0 ohm. This isn't going into a home theater set up though. I wouldn't even know how to wire it all up, there'd have to probably be a marine battery involved somewhere and i'd rather just buy a receiver lol

But what do I know; I'm retarded. It's not like I wired up my own car audio set up several years ago and ran 1/0 wiring from battery positive to the alternator, battery ground to frame, engine block to frame, installed a 280amp custom alternator by myself in an attempt to set up a 2000W RMS system with 2 /18"s (gave up decided to move on from that car, waste of money, plus there was some kind of electrical fault with the CPU), or have been interested in this kind of stuff for years or anything

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
back in the day, one of my cousins had two 20inch JL subs in his boot running of 2 alpines lol car alarms all day
Interesting. What kind of power was actually getting to the subs (was the alternator stock or custom? and if custom was there more than one?)? Was it a multi-battery set-up? How long could it be maintained? Did he ever get a dB reading?

Were there.... capacitors involved? /shudders

Was it a daily driver? and if so what kind of problems arose (electrical, and physical too like paneling and trim problems, and even unexpected problems under the hood)

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I never understood how the fuck people put these systems in cars with stock alternators and a single battery. They must never really pound that shit. You battery will drain extremely fast; a standard battery usually wont recover well from being drained then recharged, it'll damage the cells. What do they do, just buy new car batteries and alternators all the time? Do they just drive like 10-15 minutes a day and never really push the system so they never run into these inevitable problems? Do you know how many batteries and alternators I toasted lol

One time I was slapping this song so loud the alternator actually fused itself from within from the heat then seized, the whole entire alternator pulley broke completely off the engine block from the sheer force. I had to roll the cadillac into this side street, break the alternator off which took like 2 hours, go to a pick and pull all the fucking way in might as well have been Canada to grab a new alternator mount, new alternator. it was a stock 130 amp alternator it only took about 30 minutes to do that to it

So basically I just automatically assume all these systems people remember as being beastly were actually extremely underpowered... they were maybe getting 10% out of what they were paying for. They might have set off some car alarms.... but they weren't setting off car alarms from 4 blocks away

This was the song lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA

watch from like 1:20ish and up... then at about 1:35ish is what I'm pointing out. This guy likes to fool people a lot... he barely pushes the subs and people are always sitting there like "damn, holy shit" and are pretty amazed then he puts full power to them and the reaction is always the same. They're always stunned and can't believe how fucking powerful and loud it is. There's a huge huge difference when you get real power, it's very dramatic. I don't think most people ever bridge that gap and I've always wondered for years like, what the hell is going on / what do they think is going on with their system?

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2esIpvCfeg

watch from like 1:20ish and up... then at about 1:35ish is what I'm pointing out. This guy likes to fool people a lot... he barely pushes the subs and people are always sitting there like "damn, holy shit" and are pretty amazed then he puts full power to them and the reaction is always the same. They're always stunned and can't believe how fucking powerful and loud it is. There's a huge huge difference when you get real power, it's very dramatic. I don't think most people ever bridge that gap and I've always wondered for years like, what the hell is going on / what do they think is going on with their system?

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Yeah; you're right. I tried to engage someone in conversation with something I had experience with and was very interested in and am still interested in; but I don't have the kind of money for that, and lack the intelligence. I can essentially be compared to Charlie Kelly for comedic purposes at any point and should be reminded of that

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Yeah; you're right. I tried to engage someone in conversation with something I had experience with and was very interested in and am still interested in; but I don't have the kind of money for that, and lack the intelligence. I can essentially be compared to Charlie Kelly for comedic purposes at any point and should be reminded of that