Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
lol @ your country DaGrimProphet @DaGrimProphet

Dude what teh fuck are the brits thinking? They just set their economy back like 40 years
I support Brexit. The EU was effectively a cartel imposing insane restrictions on pretty much everything due to lobbying in Brussels from big companies, we were unable to create any trade deals by ourselves with countries outside the EU in order to gain access to the single market, and we buy goods from Europe waaaaaay more than we sell; if the imposed tariffs Merkel would go an there'd be Gexit cuz we buy something like 1/5 of all cars made in Germany.

Everyone knew Stirling would fall immediately and it already looks like it's rising back up again, probably because we're not out of the EU yet. When we do leave, in the long run our GDP will rise as we create trade deals with countries out of the EU, that huge sum of money we send to Brussels (of which we get very little back) can be appropriately spent on struggling public resources like the NHS or would at least cover the tariffs and then some if worst comes to worst and we're denied access to the single market, and youth unemployment falls as we can start allowing more skilled immigrants from India and East Asia and Africa to enter rather than unskilled Europeans looking for low-paid work and therefore forcing wages to fall. Not to mention the open-door policy with Europe is unsafe as we can't run basic background checks or ask about criminal records for anyone coming through; the only way to turn anyone back is if you have substantial evidence to prove a risk to public safety, but the amount of evidence is insane.

If you really want to know how good the EU is for a country's economy, just look at Greece.

And, on top of the economic arguments, there's the argument of national sovereignty. Since the English Civil War, the legal system has worked on the basis of Parliamentary Supremacy. However, as I saw while studying the court hierarchy for my law exam, the European Court of Justice lies above the Supreme Court. Europe imposes 20-50% of all laws here, and as I mentioned previously, they're mostly the result of deals with big corporations. The EU is also undemocratic, with unelected bureaucrats imposing these policies, and never being held accountable. One of the more infamous EU policies was the one on Common Fisheries, seizing UK waters as a "common resource" and banning UK fisherman from catching more than 1/5 of all fish caught; we are then forced to buy our own fish back from EU fisherman, while also watching our own fishing industry effectively die. We never voted for whoever imposed this ludicrous policy and we'll never be able to vote them out. That's just the nature of the EU. Also, Juncker has hinted at his plans to build an EU army and the future of the EU undoubtedly will involve further integration, further erosion of national sovereignty, and the UK would undoubtedly have to join the Euro. We were sold the "Single Market" as an economic union, but it's now an increasingly political one which seems to constantly undermine the position of NATO. Now that we're out it'll hopefully crumble within within a couple decades.

All in all, I'm glad we're out, and I've never been more satisfied than yesterday watching all the brainless millennials crying on Twitter. iaoish @iaoish good luck breh, hope yall follow our example.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I figured it was justa bunch of old people not wanting their country to turn out like Germany. Overrun by north African muslim immigrants who leech welfare and teach their kids the same caveman religious values while refusing to assimilate in any way.

I doubt people thought about the economics at all in fact I'd be willing to wager the primary motivation was simple fear

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
So of course you support Brexit. You were eating up all that propaganda like a starved dog at about that time there was disturbances and reports of rape in those German immigration areas. I bet you look at this as a victory for the sovereign identity of Britain.

"Not going to destroy our great country you filthy mudslimes"

Am i right?

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
I figured it was justa bunch of old people not wanting their country to turn out like Germany. Overrun by north African muslim immigrants who leech welfare and teach their kids the same caveman religious values while refusing to assimilate in any way.

I doubt people thought about the economics at all in fact I'd be willing to wager the primary motivation was simple fear
Goes to show you weren't here during the campaigns. The remain campaign was dubbed Project Fear for being ridiculous fear mongering. In the last couple weeks, Cameron threatened pension cuts, Osborne threatened a punishment budget, and Sturgeon claimed Scotland would be left "at the mercy of the far-right." Then that MP died and both official campaigns were suspended, while the Remainers were pushing the idea that the killer was motivated by Brexit.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
So of course you support Brexit. You were eating up all that propaganda like a starved dog at about that time there was disturbances and reports of rape in those German immigration areas. I bet you look at this as a victory for the sovereign identity of Britain.

"Not going to destroy our great country you filthy mudslimes"

Am i right?
The migrants from Europe are predominantly non-Muslim and white. We have HUGE numbers of unskilled European workers entering, but their uncontrollably high numbers mean we have to turn away the skilled workers trying to come here from other parts of the world. And now we can control the numbers coming here rather than having to cope with this open door policy forced upon us by the EU.

And there are many many more arguments aside from immigration.