Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I have a teacher at my current school that is a Network Engineer, probably has one of the better paying IT jobs in all of Phoenix. He has to teach part time at a community college on top of his 60 hour a week normal work schedule to support his family. (Although I'm sure part of that is his own fault, probably has a mortgage on an expensive house and car notes on a couple expensive cars)

Just thought that was crazy when I was bullshitting with him a couple months ago.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I have a teacher at my current school that is a Network Engineer, probably has one of the better paying IT jobs in all of Phoenix. He has to teach part time at a community college on top of his 60 hour a week normal work schedule to support his family. (Although I'm sure part of that is his own fault, probably has a mortgage on an expensive house and car notes on a couple expensive cars)

Just thought that was crazy when I was bullshitting with him a couple months ago.
my friends older brother makes like 180k a year at the UW, some kind of network administration or something else
his other brother makes 105k a year doing some kind of weird programming shit for some credit union

theyre always telling me to finish out a computer science degree im like "fuck you"

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
theyre always telling me to finish out a computer science degree im like "fuck you"
It works out for some people, but most it doesn't. The IT field is extremely competitive, way more people than there are jobs. Most IT jobs average only 2 years also. They constantly rotate people out for somebody cheaper.

The people it works out for get their feet in the door at one spot and generally have a good snowball effect getting experience and even when their 2 year job ends they can find another one based on experience.

It's just so damn hard to get your foot in the door because a company gets hundreds of resumes for one position.

I even got warned about this back in 2007 for the civilian teachers I had when I was going to Army MOS training to switch my job to an IT job. Shit is even worse now days lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
"I don't understand why you kids don't just take out a loan and work a couple jobs while going to school. Finish your degree out get that high paying job grab a nice house for 100k, resell it for 300k a few years later by then all your debt will be wiped out you'll be set for retirement and be able to get the house of your dreams, start a family. Thats what me and your mom did"

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
"I don't understand why you kids don't just take out a loan and work a couple jobs while going to school. Finish your degree out get that high paying job grab a nice house for 100k, resell it for 300k a few years later by then all your debt will be wiped out you'll be set for retirement and be able to get the house of your dreams, start a family. Thats what me and your mom did"
I also love the newest one when people ask for free or at least cheap college tuition.

"If you want free college tuition why don't you just join the Army, serve your country and earn it."

A couple weeks ago I had to make this dude I knew from the Army feel stupid when he was posting about that shit on Facebook. I mentioned how the military only has around a million people right now, which would mean their recruitment is maybe around 100,000 new recruits a year. 4 million kids graduate high school in this country every year and that doesn't even account for the millions more who get GEDs. How exactly does one place 4+ million kids in to 100,000 military slots.

May 4, 2002
Lol 100k for a house in northern California.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
some kid just walked by my apartment i had my window open and she started saying "mommy ice cream! mommy it smells like ice cream!"

apparently this vanilla stuff i whipped up smells like ice cream i had my apartment basically hotboxed with vapor til i cracked the window lol

well shit... not going to be able to stealth vape it at work itd be kinda suspicious having the lobby smell like vanilla ice cream

Nov 18, 2010
I remember reading a few months ago a writer was comparing life as a factory worker in the 1970's compared to life at the same exact factory in 2015. I don't remember where the factory was, I think it was Wisconsin. Shit was insane though.

It talked about how somebody at that factory in the 70's could support a large family, pay a mortgage on a house, have two cars in the drive way, take their yearly family vacation and still have a savings account and put away for retirement. In 2015 a worker at the same factory when put up against current cost of living could support themselves, have a small apartment and maybe a car. If they had to support a family and a mortgage they were living near the poverty line and there was no way they could support a savings account or a retirement fund.
Minimum wage here has gone up about 10x since the 60s but the price of housing here is 20x what it was then.

Makes lots of sense lol

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
goddamnit i cant take this shit anymore, i just tried to use Calculator and it wouldnt even load up shits corrupted or missing, my windows is totally utterly fucked im going to run the repair thing if i lose everythign so be it...