Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
I guess part of my point is, I don't know how the government could legally tell them no after the gay marriage law passed. It comes down to what is socially acceptable. But at then end of the day, if it's among consenting adults, what's the difference between that and gay marriage? But Nuttkase is right, if they don't want to be discovered as being polygamists, no one is going to be lobbying for it.
And my point is the government SHOULDNT tell them no, whats the moral difference between that and straight marriage? Why should the government sanction one kind of relationship between consenting adults and not another. Personally I dont think any relationship should be recognized by the government outside of custodial ones (ie. parent/child etc.), but if you're gonna start giving benifits for romantic partners, then it should be any kind of romantic partners, gay, straight, polygymous, as long as everyone is a consenting adult, have at it.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
And my point is, whats the difference between that and straight marriage? Why should the government sanction one kind of relationship between consenting adults and not another. Personally I dont think any relationship should be recognized by the government outside of custodial ones (ie. parent/child etc.), but if you're gonna start giving benifits for romantic partners, then it should be any kind of romantic partners, gay, straight, polygymous, as long as everyone is a consenting adult, have at it.
Seeing my posts started this discussion I should point out I 100% agree with this. If people are consenting adults I don't care who does what with who or anything like that, married or not, have 100 partners for all I fucking care. My posts last night were directed at how polygamy amongst religious groups that practice it tend to almost always lead towards child marriage, child abuse, and rape in their communities among other not so great things. Most religious polygamist believe it's their god given duty to have as many wives as possible and to impregnate them to continue growing in followers to said religion and as long as a female is fertile she is good to go in their eyes which is obviously not ok in any form seeing that tends to be anywhere from 10-13 years old.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
People would argue against it is what I was saying, because it's not as socially acceptable. I think the legal age of consent is only like 14 in Arkansas or Louisiana, can't remember which one, which seems way too low.

But I think we are all making the same point in different ways.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
It varies state to state. WA is 16 no matter the difference in age. I believe though that most places that consent is under the age of 18 it has to be within in a range which is usually 3-5 years. Some states are just straight up 18 no matter what like if someone one day over 18 fucks someone a day away from being 18 they can go to jail which is obviously stupid as fuck.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
I have nothing against Islam, or Syrians, or helping refugees. I'm just saying that the nature of this particular case is so fucked up we can't just open the floodgates to anyone, and then give em taxpayer money for being poor alleged "Syrian refugees". Christ let in the women and children, but don't take everyone, and don't change your way of life for em. Christ.
DaGrimNamo

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
It varies state to state. WA is 16 no matter the difference in age. I believe though that most places that consent is under the age of 18 it has to be within in a range which is usually 3-5 years. Some states are just straight up 18 no matter what like if someone one day over 18 fucks someone a day away from being 18 they can go to jail which is obviously stupid as fuck.
In oklahoma the age is 16 but to get married you need parental consent. In Cali, it's like you said where you can be 18 and your chick is 17 and her birthday is tomorrow, if her parents press charges, you're guilty of statuatory rape. What's worse, if you got her pregnant and you're found guilty, you're a sex offender and even if you married her, you can't even be alone with your own child even if you're the parental guardian after charges have been pressed to my knowledge. That's stupid. I get that minors should be protected and all, but that doesn't make a lot of sense.

In Biblical times, you were considered an adult at a younger age because that's how the culture was. Dudes were raised to be men by 15-16 and acted more like adults than kids nowadays. Now kids are 25 still being babied. But by no means should people use that as grounds for dudes try and marry chicks who are 12

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Seeing my posts started this discussion I should point out I 100% agree with this. If people are consenting adults I don't care who does what with who or anything like that, married or not, have 100 partners for all I fucking care. My posts last night were directed at how polygamy amongst religious groups that practice it tend to almost always lead towards child marriage, child abuse, and rape in their communities among other not so great things. Most religious polygamist believe it's their god given duty to have as many wives as possible and to impregnate them to continue growing in followers to said religion and as long as a female is fertile she is good to go in their eyes which is obviously not ok in any form seeing that tends to be anywhere from 10-13 years old.
Yeah, and I completely agree with you, I dont have the numbers infront of me, but religion is responsible for a significant portion of the child abuse the goes on in the world, from child brides, to cathlic priests didling kids to pastors fucking their underage charges. But, im excluding all that fuckery, my argument is purely based on non-coerced, adult interactions. Not weirdos who use imaginary sky people as an excuse to fuck kids.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I think we mostly all know where the other stands on these types of issues, and I respect y'all's opinions and assume that we can agree to disagree on most of the discussions about ones faith. I do have to say that if someone really understands the Bible and lives their lives according to the commands and tenets of what Jesus taught, they we be among the most upstanding people in society. But when people misinterpret things or twist them to meet their own agenda, it will always create problems from minor up to the most gee opus things we see in society.