Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
This will be my rant for the day...

Shaquille O'Neal thinks Dr. J is 'the greatest player ever,'

in response to the question: "Kobe or LeBron?"

"They’re different. LeBron is more of an all-around player — Hey this guy’s open, let me kick it to him. Kobe is more of, Oh, we’re down six? I’m going to shoot it three times and get us six points. But they’re both great players. It’s a matter of opinion. To me, Dr. J was the greatest player ever. But I ask other people, they say Jordan, some say Kobe, some people say LeBron. It’s always going to be a matter of opinion."
Shaq is a moron, everyone knows Shaq is a moron. But this type of thing drives me up the wall. Shaq cant break from this faux-forced outside the box, quasi-funny guy, 'say something dumb and smile' persona for a single moment. You're drawing a quite sizeable, check to be an NBA analyst. Sure part of your draw is you're this 'character', but you cant put an actual 2 seconds of thought into a question. Not even give it a once over. You were asked you're opinion as to who's a better basketball player, Kobe Bryant or LeBron James. You sputter out "They're both good, Dr. J. is the best ever." Let alone the fact that Dr. J isn't even in the top 10 all time, not only did you not answer the question you mumbled out something completely out of your ass. Dr. J. doesn't even put himself in the top 10.

"Hey Shaq, what was the best muscle car ever? The Ford Mustang or the Chevy Camaro?"

"The Pontiac Fiero was a really cool car, and they came in blue, which is awesome."

For fucks sake.

Shaq is a stupid, all around shitty person. I'm not surprised by anything he says, I guess it's just extra irritating when people specifically don't answer questions like that. It makes me feel like a, you are scared to choose a side and stand by your choice, and that makes you a pussy, or b, you're too stupid to continue a single train of thought.

I mean say what you want about guys like Barkley, or Wilbon, or Bayless, or any other talking sports head, at least they have the balls to have an opinion on the subject at hand.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
...and the proper choices for "who is the greatest basketball player ever?" are, in no specific order: Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabar, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Hakeem Olajuwan, Jerry West, or Tim Duncan...