Free Agents feedback

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
B

Bosko

When will the album be out my friend? You need to get some of that Bosko heat on there. You know I got that fire pimp.

Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
Let me just say the album was in my opinion the best 2002 release right after Beesh's On Tha Cool let me tell you what I thought of the songs ...

1. What You Been Looking for : great track in my opinion, I like Big Ice's work, big fan. My second favorite song on the album

2. Streets Got No Heart : Another tight track, this cd is straight hitters without one exception place 8/12

3. Knock A Hoe : Another great track, fourth best in my opinion, not much to add just a tight track

4. The Phone Call : Jay Tee's solo. This is my least favorite track (sorry jay tee) it's not bad at all I just miss the chorus you know it's just some talking, the verses are tight though 12/12

5. All Thru Yo Town : Miami does the hook yelling is not my favorite thing in the world but it's still a tight song place 10/12

6. Can't Fuck With Us : Nice song kinda laidback another good song off the album, same place as it's listed 6

7. Do You Know? : My third favorite song on the album another nice track from DJ Mark 7 he did some great work on this one and that voicebox was reall nice

8. Problem Solver : B-12's solo track on the album, I would've thinked that I'd pick DRU's or Jay Tee's solo as my first favorite solo but B-12 just came tight on this song my 7th favorite song

9. I Been Hustlin : The tracks with that Weet Dogg (right?) are tight in my opinion he has a great voice and I love that r&b in the hooks so this is my fifth favorite song.

10. Custom Tint : Young DRU's solo. DRU came tight on this cd, I got to give him props this song is tight too but it's a DRU song it's tight but it's different that the other songs on the cd but still hella tight ... 9/12

11. Weight On My Shoulders : My favorite track on the album, it's real laidback with deeper lyrics and reallyyyy nice production from DJ Mark 7 ... track stands out

12. If a Bitch is broke : This beat reminds me of the Godfather, Stevie D did it I believe. It's a tight track but again I just don't feel Miami's yelling so I'd say 11/12

This cd is a straight knock if you're a rap fan I think you should get this. Things that could be improved, more tracks and more songs with a funk/r&b feel to it.

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
I THINK THE CD IS TIGHT AS FUCK ALL THE WAY THROUGH. I WISH IT HAD MORE THAN 12 TRACKS THOUGH. MY FAVORITE SONGS RIGHT NOW ARE ALL THROUGH YO TOWN, WEIGHT ON MY SHOULDERS AND DO YOU KNOW.

Jul 15, 2002
yo jay tee the first listen through it was not up to par compared to So Cold, but after the second listen i was lovin it, and can't get it out of the cd player. Only complaint is that it was to short, should've had like 16 to 18 tracks without any skits just tracks you feel?

Apr 25, 2002
I thought the album was definetly solid, Production from Big Ice and DJ Mark 7 was top notch . . . definetly some of their best work ever.

I thought the project was lacking in the fact that it only had 12 tracks. If I had to rate "Free Agents" I'd say it's worth getting but compared to Velvetism it's a different type of vibe. Maybe it's just because I like hearin' Beesh with Jay Tee . . . . but Velvetism was more my style of a cd.

With that said, I can't wait for High Caliber . . . Keep gettin those laid back beats !!!

WHEN YOU GONNA GET TOO SHORT ON A BOSKO BEAT ??? :cool:

Apr 25, 2002
I think the album was solid also...dj mark 7s production was the best I have heard from him and it really stood out on the album...

I like the idea of each person having a solo track, and I think B-12s solo stood out as the best one...

the first song sets a real nice tone for the album, solid lyrics, nice production...weight on my shoulders is by far my favorite track...

it seems like everytime I hear dru he sounds like he tweaked his style a little bit, but I like the vibe of him on this album and hopefully he will keep things as such on his next album..

I think the length was just right...if you look at most albums, they have 15 or 16 tracks, but with an into, and outro and maybe 2 skits...this album has 12 solid tracks minus the bullshit...

overall a great cd one of the best this year...
I also like Jay Tee with Beesh best, if it ain't broke, don't fix it...but this album brings jay tee, b-12 and dru's styles together real nice....

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
I appreciate the love and the feedback. As for the length of the album, we just wanted 12 tight ones not 16 with four alright ones. We did our best, thanks again for the support.

Jay Tee is at E-40's tonight finishing his last song for High Caliber and that will be out on Oct. 22 along with BAYRIDERZ III. Don't Forget MIAMI and PLAYAS ASSOCIATION V.4 on Oct. 1

Peace.

May 2, 2002
www.buchosbar.com
just swooped the album this weekend, look for a review in a week or two at buchos bar

its nice to hear J Deville (Johnny Z) back on some production again (other than dru's solo album) gota love Rated Z production - Mark 7 came tight as did Big Ice... i still got to go with Z though

Aug 30, 2002
dulowproduction.com
ROMANOWSKI

I AM NOT SURPRISED THE ALBUM IS TIGHTER THAN THE TROJAIN ON MY DICK LAST NIGHT. JAY TEE ALWAYS FINDS AN ANGLE TO HIS SHIT AND BY RECRUITING B 12 AND YOUND DRU TO DO THIS PROJECT WAS IT. NO BULLSHIT SKITS WERE NECESSARY. TIGHT BEATS, HOOKS, AND MIAMI THE MOST OF COURSE.

IF A BITCH IS BROKE HOW YOU SUPPOSSED TO BREAK HER... JAY TEE AKA LEAVE THE ENGINE REVING

Jun 9, 2002
man who are you?

hey dogg,
i shouldnt even say that to you,
hey hater,
man why you talkin about dru like that, that cat is the most orignal rapper out there right now, he has so many different styles its un real, he doesnt make his music like everyone else so that means that he aint tight? you try and get on a mic and spit that shit that he does, i bet you dont know shit about rap, young dru is one of the up and comin stars, you ever hear rap star on flame spitter then you know what im talkin about,
his shit is real. he makes is music from the heart, how gay that might sound, i dont give a fuck,
i once read a quote by johnny z, sayin make music for you not anyone else, that is when you start to make good music, it was something like that, i m not sure though, man you need to go back and listen to those mainstream rats like p-diddy, and nelly, even though nelly is alright, and p-diddy news song i need a girl pt 2 alright, cuz of the beat on it, jay tee dru all of those cats are themselfs they dont fake nothin
so remember that before you start runnin your mouth about dru
i dont even know dru personal, but him and johnny z are the reason why i just started to produce beats, the whole reason. oh wait you must not like him cuz he's white as fuck huh? that makes him even more tighter, he broke the color barrier, and you hate on him for that?
this game aint about color, or where you came from or how much money you had growin up, not anymore, no more. so remember that and dru if you read this dogg, keep makin those tracks, no matter what i know they will be tight, i got some beats if you want them they are not very matture you could say yet.
so i hope you take the time to read this, and think before you speak
im out
peace to all them real players and hustlers
the kid
my website http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/The_KID12/

Apr 25, 2002
www.velvetmusic.tk
this game aint about color, or where you came from or how much money you had growin up, not anymore, no more
I agree but some persons don't so don't be hating on one another just accept other people's oppinion. in my opinion DRU's tight others don't think so don't let it get to you just cuz they don't feel DRU don't mean they hate him. chill man and you just represent Deville & DRU your own way ...1

Jul 18, 2002
i gotta say i give this cd a 7.5 out of 10, it's a good cd, nothing like dat Velvetism cd though, i can't wait to swoop that High Caliber cd and Playas Association vol.4, Bayriders 3 and new N2deep, shit.... 40 ounce be doing thangz!!! oh yeah and i gotta say i was surprisingly pleased with that Miami's collection of Dope, worth getting ......

check out my website at DaWickedRealm.cjb.net