First Degree The D.E.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 25, 2007
What'chu think bout' dis cat? I ain't heard much from em' but what I have heard took awhile for it to grow on me.. But it did. The dude got an outta-this-world type style to em'. Def. Sicc shit.

May 30, 2006
Yeah start with Planet Zero. I waz @ home bumpin that shit last week az a matter of fact. I really don't try 2 turn anyone onto DE unless they have a very open nind for hip hop. Him & Esham are the only artist I listen to where I actually gotta prepare myself to hear some new, off the wall, out of thiz galaxy type of shit. U gotta put on your seatbeltz when u get ready 2 bump they shit. Itz so different. I like DE best when he haz more of a gangsta feel 2 hiz shit & not too much experimental. He does that way too much. The song Weapons Of War, Mr. Pops, Blackula & the new song I Break The Law Everyday on the FU3 are the type of songz I like DE 2 do most of the time.

Aug 7, 2006
Gas One said:
cuz DE's music is too advanced for your newborn ears right now

i suggest you channel your energies.
or get high and drunk...
you sayin advanced for my ears and tellin me to get high and drunk is a young ass ignorant statement son forealz . But its koo i dont really bump much mob music but i still give it a listen to expand ya feel kid.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
it was a joke, stupid fuck. a joke you wouldnt get unless you heard the skits on lynch by inch. dont take offense to it. and DE *IS* too advanced for you if you dont like em.

and 'young ass ignorant statement" when you just heard of DE in 2007, and you just called him 'mob music'? haha!

okay homie
just let it soak in and calm ya jets down

Jan 4, 2006
I came across First Degree The D.E from Loaded. I liked the way he sung and rapped on Situations.I found his name then searched for his music. The first D.E albums i bought were Planet Zero and Damn the D.E. Both albums are amazing it just depends what kind of mood your in. Planet Zero has more of an ambient darkness and loaded type of feel to it where Damn the D.E is still dark but has a newer clean type of sound. Third I bought Southbound which became my favourite since it has a more layed back G-funk production style which in my opinion works well for D.E. Tracks like "Swallow it", "They out to bump me", "Up in ya Grill" and "Stridnapped"(Plus BeGee's Track "So capable" is the shit. The Version on southbound sounds better than the one from BLackGorillaMillaTactics.They made the chorus west coast synth sound louder. Also Young Jokers track "Creepin & Peepin" thats the shit). another track that fits that catagory that wans't on that album is "I manifest every word". Anyway my point is that if you've never listened to D.E before and want to buy an album i suggest Southbound since it's easier on the ears. 4th i bought Big Black Bat which is a good album but after listening to Southbound and Planet Zero they set the standard for me. Another album that is worth buying in my opinion is Fahrenhiet Underbelly Vol.1. Its a solid compilation with clean beats and good track diversity. In the end its all about what you prefer since all of D.E's albums are completely different.

Dec 25, 2003
First Degree is by far one of the most bizarre rappers I've ever heard so far!!!

Honestly, I rather listen to rappers that rap about subjects that are almost never mentioned in the history of hip-hop!!!

For instance; like dinosaurs, dragons, ancient history, mythology, and other subjects that are not just educational but awesomely fun and entertaining to listen to, along with that ambient, medieval, macabre style of production,
ya feel me??????

...and we reely need more rappers that are on that type of subject matter with a helluvan odd twist!!!