Finally... SouthWestBound- NW Edition

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
... the issue went to press and will be back in 7-10 days..

I feel like its been forever but the issue is DOPE and I'm sure folks will be more than pleased with how it turned out.

I'm willing to ship singles out for the cost of shipping once I have the magazines in hand.. they'll also be distributed in Seattle, Portland, Tacoma, Boise, etc.. (more info on that soon) ..

Any artist or individual that contributed to the mag will get copies shipped to them as well... not sure if thats you..? just call me or shoot me an email: [email protected] ... :)

(..the New Generation cover has a couple minor text changes but Daric is outta town so theres no way to get it right now.. but I'll post up the other in a day or two)

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
Mr. Nice Guy said:
Who are the cats on the New Generation cover? I don't recognize any of them.

Speedy, Young Soprano, Grynch, George Zelaya, Neema, Basic, Initial and I'm not sure who the other two are...

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
D'struction said:
You're tellin me you want me to send you a letter with like $2 in it Kalyn??

.. if you want a copy and cant get one in your area ... thats pretty much what I'm sayin'... :)

Nov 24, 2003
sam5 said:
i'd rather see other's on the cover personally. and if u don't even know the other 2 then y have them on there? it's hard enough for northwester's to get there shine on. and to have 2 people and mostly crap(imo) on the cover (except 151) is retarded. i think there could of been a better pick of northwest heavy hitter's to represent the cover and NW hip hop.
Yeah I am gonna cop this for sure, but I don't think they shoulda done "New Generation" cover because our old generation hasn't even got their shine yet. New Generation is something you would do for an established region, Bay, Atlanta, NY, LA, where the majority of national fans are already familiar with the old generation. But shit no one outside of the NW knows about anyone from the NW save Mixalit, 151, and Nutz. I think Y Soprano and Neema should be on there, but other than that I can think of a lot of artists I would have rather seen.

Jul 22, 2005
KALYN said:
Speedy, Young Soprano, Grynch, George Zelaya, Neema, Basic, Initial and I'm not sure who the other two are...
I was wonderin why you'd put a whole bunch of non factors on the cover. Plus 2 of the people on the cover you don't even know who they are? All These cats must of paid to be on the cover, right? Usually these "free magazines" are on a pay to play basis anyways. Why would you cover the new generation when the original generation never got covered? So were people who made no financial arrangement with ya'll included in this issue or does this issue just cover NorthWest cats who contributed money to the effort?

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
Jimmy Snuka said:
I was wonderin why you'd put a whole bunch of non factors on the cover. Plus 2 of the people on the cover you don't even know who they are? All These cats must of paid to be on the cover, right? Usually these "free magazines" are on a pay to play basis anyways. Why would you cover the new generation when the original generation never got covered? So were people who made no financial arrangement with ya'll included in this issue or does this issue just cover NorthWest cats who contributed money to the effort?

You are incorrect at your assumption that the cover went to the highest bidder... a lot of consideration went into who made the cover and who didnt.

I hope y'all enjoy the issue when it hits the streets..

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
YOUNG KRIME said:
Yeah a few of the other striving vets were left out to dry on this one....

And that was your choice... the offer was put out there and you chose not to be a part of the issue. Perhaps you feel a vet like yourself should have been walked thru the submission process.

Jul 22, 2005
KALYN said:
You are incorrect at your assumption that the cover went to the highest bidder... a lot of consideration went into who made the cover and who didnt.

I hope y'all enjoy the issue when it hits the streets..
So where is Cool Nutz, Mr. D.O.G., Funk Daddy, No Good, or any of the other NW groups that are more deserving of the cover honor? 151 deserves his cover, but that new generation cover, who the fuck are half these guys? They really don't deserve it, but there they are on the cover. With the exception of Neema, none of them cats are makin anykind of noise outside of there home area. What kind of consideration actually helped you guys choose the cover for the new generation?

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
The folks you named off are in the mag.... the New Generation Cover-- thats Neema's camp ..

..are you an artist Jimmy Snuka?

Jul 22, 2005
I'm not an artist. Why? I'm glad you included some established nw artists in the mag. I still think there are more deserving artists for the cover, but thats the way the game goes.

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
Jimmy Snuka said:
I'm not an artist. Why?

..just curious if I noped you on a spot in the mag.. or if I didnt give you your props on MySpace.. or if you asked me to check out your music and I told you it was garbage... but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Im hoping this is the just the first NW Edition of the mag... and who knows what covers the future may bring.

Jul 22, 2005
KALYN said:
..just curious if I noped you on a spot in the mag.. or if I didnt give you your props on MySpace.. or if you asked me to check out your music and I told you it was garbage... but that doesnt seem to be the case.

Im hoping this is the just the first NW Edition of the mag... and who knows what covers the future may bring.

So you think I'm being spiteful, haha. Nah I wouldn't give a fuck if you noped me on a mag article, or didn't like my music. Your opinion doesn't matter. Your just an internet personality, just like everyone else on here. What I was gettin at is, the indy mag scene is pay to play everyone knows that. You don't even know who some of the people in tha mag are, and your saying ya'll chose the most deserving people to represent the NW. Sounds a lil like bullshit to me, but your credibility is at stake, not mine. So are you say the people on the new generation cover are deserving of that honor? Cuz I know a couple other artists that should have recieved that honor, over a bunch of unknown, artists that are mostly known on the internet.

KALYN

Sicc OG
Dec 11, 2002
My credibility is in tact.. no worries..

Because I dont know two of the people on the cover on a personal level means nothing... I'm not going to argue about a business move with you.. who are you again? ..
you may think the people on here on just 'internet personalities' but most of us are handling business.

.. thanks a bunch for your opinion though.

Aug 5, 2004
www.myspace.com
Fuck the haters. I give props to the vets who did it and are still doing. Without them we wouldn’t get the chance to get on a magazine. Because we wouldn’t have a music scene to begin with, no one on this board is to say who deserves what. Be happy there is an issue on us (The Northwest). Cats are never satisfied with anything. This issue will open opportunities for more issues and different magazine for us. Look there is a lot of other people who I also think that deserve to be on the cover. There are a lot of people who have been doing this longer then me or anyone on the cover. But it’s not about that it’s about an opportunity that was given. Either cats took it or they didn’t it’s as simple as that. I love my region and the music coming out of it. Props to all on there grind, but the siccness does not indicate who the factors are. It’s just a whole bunch of people that know each other that boost their homeboy’s name online. No ones networking on this, no one is using this form as a tool. It’s just a place to give personal updates on your project or give opinions that mean nothing when you log off. But where is the support at? Not only from the fans but other artist? You can't expect what you don’t give. Where is the unity we made so many forms complaining about?