Federation Got no promotion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 4, 2005
No radio, No Video, No Newspaper Ads this week (Target, BestBuy, CircuitCity)!!! I mean what in the hell? I thought if you got a major deal people try to get your shit advertised. Repris/Warner should have put some more funds into promoting their shit. I mean how in the hell are they going to sell any records? Its bullshit, cause the Fed cranks out some good music. Just some more corporate bullshit, with no backing...

Sep 12, 2007
(FEDERATION) got more than 1 HOT song and more than 1 SLAP. So anyway it go the album is going to have long life like their 1st release on virgin.That shit still go today. GOOD LUCK, YALL! Im supportn with my money,fo sho.

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
Ill be spending my $11.99 as well I support pretty much all the bay albums that drop,or should I say 60% ill take a chance on a new artist if I don't like it rasputins give you that what 70% exchange lol!!!,and the Feds are good folkz,so I'm swooping it

May 21, 2006
If they can get a ringtone deal out of this album it will be worth it. Not even the heavy hitters are putting up fantastic numbers. Major labels are giving away less money these days. Alot of artists fund their own promotions. Their video is doing good numbers on youtube. Hell why spend 200g's on a video, if you know it will appear on youtube for free. This is where music is going. Record labels will soon start giving out single deals. It makes no sense to hold an artist to a two or three record deal. The day the album comes out it will be available for download on the internet for free.

Apr 18, 2007
promotion could entail alot more then just dumping hella racks on a fucking video, order some good damn flyers or posters or something and spend a g or 2....i aint seen one federation flyer EVER....alot of bay cats crucially cat off on their promotion

Premo

Face Scrunched Lookn Rude
Aug 1, 2004
NASWIPP. A subdivision of IKSRTFO
good music promotes itself but u dont make money sitting on ur ass

i bet the stunna shades sample didnt clear and thats why its left off the album

especially if they did get dropped from warner cuz that sample prolly cost a grip

Aug 7, 2003
Premo said:
good music promotes itself but u dont make money sitting on ur ass

i bet the stunna shades sample didnt clear and thats why its left off the album

especially if they did get dropped from warner cuz that sample prolly cost a grip
yeah, im sayin look what that song did with no promotion. same with keaks' super hyphy. minimal promotion huge underground hit.

Premo

Aug 1, 2004
that song was a success because it sampled one of the biggest songs from the 80s , it didnt really offer anything past that . it was catchy tho i guess .

super hyphy now theres a hit !

oooin , drankin , thowin up the HUNNNIIDDD

Premo

Aug 1, 2004
it doesnt mean shit if ur waiting around for them to do everything , thats for dam sure .

if u already sellin 100 thow out the trunk independent , u prolly gonna see some chips fucking with a major but if ur already selling that much its kinda like whats the point of signing ? sometimes they might offer u a sick deal u cant refuse .

federation got signed more or less cuz of e40 and rick rock , right ? and the idea that Hyphy was the new crunk , they prolly told the label they invented hyphy and all that shit , label bought into it , 2 years later nothing , hyphy mainstream momentum dies down a bit ... warner puts out a few test singles (stunna shades) (18 dummy) ... those singles dont do as well as they hoped ... before u know it they dropped from the label coming out with late ass albums that everyone heard half of already .