Favre = Next Vikings Quarterback!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2002
Seriously, why would the Packers let him go to a divison rival? Can you please explain the reasoning behind this? I would love to hear your explanation.

The Packers don't give a shit where he plays. If they would have him back up Rodgers, they aren't taking him seriously. If they did, he'd come back as starter and Rodgers would ride pine. They just want to wash their hands of Favre at this point, and Zygi will pay the money Favre is asking. It seems like some negative tension between Thompson and Favre and Thompson I'm sure would love to trade/ release him and have to play him twice in the season, just to rub it in his face (which won't happen).

Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!

Aug 9, 2006
To be a backup maybe...they didnt throw 75 mill at Ryan for nothing.
j russel didnt play his first year with a rediculos contract....i know he held out and stayed outta camp but its pretty uncommon to throw rookies to the lions first game...it happens yes but just because hes payed a huge contract doesnt mean ryan has to start this season

May 9, 2002
The Packers don't give a shit where he plays. If they would have him back up Rodgers, they aren't taking him seriously. If they did, he'd come back as starter and Rodgers would ride pine. They just want to wash their hands of Favre at this point, and Zygi will pay the money Favre is asking. It seems like some negative tension between Thompson and Favre and Thompson I'm sure would love to trade/ release him and have to play him twice in the season, just to rub it in his face (which won't happen).

Go Vikes!!!!!!!!!
They want to wash their hands of Favre? Is that why they are holding his contract for hostage?

Not to mention, Minny has a SHITTY QB in Jackson...Favre would get the nod over him. And two, they have already said Rodgers is the MAN now in GB...he has been groomed by Favre for the past what...3 years? Reminds me of a current pro-bowler...Hasselback.:ermm:

I dont get why you can not grasp the idea of DIVISON rivals. Why on EARTH would GB LET Favre go play for a DIVISION rival? Are you not quite understanding the question? Ill answer for you...THEY WONT. Its a DUMB idea. The last thing they need is Favre going to Lambo in December and ruining possible playoff chances for the Packers.

j russel didnt play his first year with a rediculos contract....i know he held out and stayed outta camp but its pretty uncommon to throw rookies to the lions first game...it happens yes but just because hes payed a huge contract doesnt mean ryan has to start this season
Ryan is BETTER than Russekl RIGHT out of college...as Russel had ONE "good" year, and Ryan had a CAREER at BC. On top of that, Raiders had a SLEW of QB's that were ready to play...Atlanta has NONE. Also, Raiders FILL their stadium REGARDLESS of how shitty they are and have a HUGE fanbase. Atlanta, not so much...they are hoping to put asses in the seats with this young QB in Ryan. Two completely different scenarios.

May 9, 2002
BTW

From a news article today on ESPN:

ESPN said:
"Meanwhile, don't expect the NFC North rival Minnesota Vikings to welcome Favre if he is released.

Vikings coach Brad Childress has watched as the Packers and Favre appear headed for a split, but the coach of the team regarded as the best place for the disaffected Green Bay quarterback to settle maintains he wants no part of it.

"It's kind of interesting to watch, isn't it?" Childress said Tuesday, referring to the back-and-forth sniping between Favre, who wants to be released, and the Packers, who say they do not plan to oblige that request.

NFL guidelines prohibit Childress from commenting on players under contract with other teams, and the coach said he remains committed to third-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson going into this season."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3490792

Aug 5, 2002
That story is shit. Childress doesn't want to come right out and say Jackson stinks, so he's playing the media game. Besides, Zygi will get what he wants. Rumor has it Favre is on his radar. As far as Divisional Rivals, that means squat. If the Vikes put a reasonable offer up for Favre, they'll land him. Thompson is a business man, he will get as much as he can for Favre. Even if it means Favre in a Vikes jersey.

Aug 5, 2002
NFL guidelines prohibit Childress from commenting on players under contract with other teams, and the coach said he remains committed to third-year quarterback Tarvaris Jackson going into this season.

One of the interesting subplots to arise from the crumbling relationship between Favre and the Packers is the suggestion that the three-time MVP could join the Vikings for one more run at a title.

With Jackson just three years removed from Division I-AA Alabama State, quarterback is considered to be one of the few question marks on a rising team with a veteran defense and a running game featuring Adrian Peterson, last year's offensive rookie of the year, behind a solid offensive line.

"You can make an argument for one side and an argument for another," Childress said of the hypothetical prospect of bringing a 38-year-old star quarterback into the mix. "But I can't waste a lot of energy. All I can do is take a look at the waivers every day and see if there's somebody that's better than somebody on the roster. That's really all you can evaluate."

Here's the rest of the article, case you missed it home slice.

Aug 9, 2006
although its rare it DOES and HAS happend.....and WILL happen again....in the end its a business and if the vikes are the only one offering something then sure they might...its unliekly but possible

Aug 31, 2006
i think it would be a great move for the vikes. Having Farve teach some things to Jackson for at LEAST 1 year, could give them the link they've been missing in their offense. I would love to see this happen.

And haha, funny the packers have favre by the nuts. When i first saw that he asked for his release, i knew it was gonna happen.

Aug 5, 2002
although its rare it DOES and HAS happend.....and WILL happen again....in the end its a business and if the vikes are the only one offering something then sure they might...its unliekly but possible
Well put. IFYM thinks it's impossible for it to happen or something.

Youre not allowed to post in here anymore. I mean seriously, do you even WATCH or know HOW competitve sports work?

C'mon now, post something worth reading Daddy Humper.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Favre won't go to Miami because he wants to win now

he doesn't have time to rebuild

Minnesota would be a perfect fit, but I don't think Green Bay would let that happen... I think they would want him in the AFC... and the best fit for him over there would be Baltimore

Apr 25, 2002
I think Tampa would be the best fit. He knows Gruden, knows the system, they have some potential.

Baltimore would be a harder team for him to jump into, but is obviously the best team with the most need at QB.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
favre said he duznt wanna play 4 tampa cuz its 2 hot. he prefers a cool weather team. hes being a real duchebag & tarnishing his legacy. he shud just b quiet & handle these things privatley wit the packers instead of running 2 the media every day like a whiney lil bitch.

May 9, 2002
Well put. IFYM thinks it's impossible for it to happen or something.
Who said impossible? I said STUPID. But you do NOT seem to grasp that idea.

Youre not allowed to post in here anymore. I mean seriously, do you even WATCH or know HOW competitve sports work?

C'mon now, post something worth reading Daddy Humper.
Funny, i was thinkin the same about you. This is the first time I have even seen you post in this forum. Live by your own words.

Like i said, this SHOULDNT happen...if it does, then the NFL has lost all moral being to the sport and gone completely to the business side.

Division rivals should NEVER let players of IMPACT drift from team to team, period.