Favorite Hip Hop Moments in the Bay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 20, 2006
I Don't know How Far Back Some of you folks go when it comes to Bay Area Hip Hop but if you just started listening yesterday, still drop your most memorable moment in Bay Hip Hop. Here's a Few of mines...

I remember Years ago when 2 Live Crew Came to T-Wauzi Record Store in Vallejo.(circa 91) I was with a few of my boys from South Vallejo and they didnt want to waunder around in the parking lot because the North & South was fueding. I was like "fuck it" and went for mines.( it was too many bitches there to be sitting in 1 area) Later on, niggas started shooting and folks started scramblin' to their cars and takin' cover. I ducked behind a car and next to me was that nigga Mac Dre. Like a true groupie I was like.."You Mac Dre? Yo shit hella tight" (NO HOMO). Back then it seemed like the local rap cats were Real Hood Legends.

Another moment was when I went to see to the UTFO/Roxanne Concert at the Henry J Kaiser Center. Even though he wasn't the headliner, Too Short had the crowd goin' banannas!!! The nigga was drapped in leather and he pulled out a fat ass joint out his pocket and started rappin about it. The tension between West Oakland and The East was so thick in the air a chainsaw couldnt cut thru it.

I got more but add on....

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
The Grand opening party at 80 West in Vallejo....Anyone who was ANYONE was there.......

Riding through the hills with Little Bruce and runnin into E40 at the 7-11. that was my first real star struck moment.

Feb 13, 2006
I was at a house party in Vallejo in the early 90's. Mix Master Mike was DJ'ing that night. I asked him if I could bust a flow real quick. So he finally let me spit through his earphones (didn't have a mic) while he was making the beat with 2 records. Shit was sick. I think one of my boys still got it on tape.

Nov 4, 2003
1998(rember like it was yesterday) I was @ the San Jose Bomb concert...Bone Thugs,JD,Timbland & Magoo,Mya,E40 & the click a whole bunch of other people performed. E40 was the last person to perform 95 percent of the auidence left I stayed just to hear the best E40 line ever spit

"I be mo hippa then a hippopodmes get off in ya head like a neurogist" he performaces was the worth the whole night.it crazy how everyone walked out now he's sellin out shows.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
A few years back the Cash Money Millionares had the concert at the pavillion in Concord, after the show someone got shot, and THE NEXT DAY, the newspaper said no more rap shows at the pavillion ever.

East Coco records release party for Lou-e-Lou's "Trunk Muzik" across the street from my house, music BLASTIN until 2 or 3 in the morning, then it had to end with everyone peelin out real quick.

Mar 25, 2006
when i saw Naught by nature in concert then treach did his tupac tributue pulled out the tatoo put the mic up to the tatoo and played hail mary.... THE CORWD WENT APE SHIT to this date i have never heard a crowd react like the way they did to that i had fuckin chills

Dec 20, 2003
here are a few of mine i will think of more later

94-96 Fac Nic by spice 1 and the 187 Fac great times bbq and hella bay bosses Like Spice 1,E-40, B-legit,Cougnut,Quinn, and so many others

spice 1, videos in Hayward plus at the crib aint no tellin who was there like 2Pac,method Man,Dr Dre,Too Short , Ice T, Eazy E tha list goes on

Frenchies a club in the Stack back in the Day Ice T and plenty of bosses used to frequent those where the days

man there are so many others i will post when i think of them pz