Father's Day...HELP!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
Being that Father's Day is this Sunday, I have been wondering.....

I haven't seen my father in 13 years. I think I have a way to get a hold of him, but I'm not sure I think he deserves to talk to me, being that he bounced on the fam and did a lot of damage....however he is getting up in years. Should I forgive and forget? Be the bigger person? Or just say fuck him and leave it alone since he hasn't been supportive in any way this whole time? What would I say to him? Any comments or suggestions would help me make a decision. Thank you all! :classic:

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
@SHEA

Thank you for your insight, I appreciate it. I might be able to call him, but last I heard he lived overseas so seeing him won't be an option. He had a son too (my brother) who passed 5 years ago, so it's just me left. It's hard not to be angry....there's a lot of history there....but I suppose if I continue to harbor anger it'll just get worse and haunt me forever.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about your father's passing. I know that must be difficult. Losing a parent any which way has a devastating effect on any child....leaves scars that for some folks, last forever.

MOSA

Sicc OG
May 18, 2002
Girl....I'm in the same boat......I let all the agner I had for my bi-logical dad go along time ago...even when he came back from Mexico NOT TO SEE ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!...To try to get back with my mom(BULLSHIT) I was woman enought to let it go...I really dont want to see him because I had the father I was suppossed to...but if your thinking about it obviuosly you have it in your heart somewhere....for the fact you lost your brother( sorry to hear that) . I think maybe you should ...you never really know what was going on for him at that time in life,we all grow and mature sometime. Maybe he hasnt called cause he doesnt know what to say or do...like you said he's over sea's??? , but if you call dont excpect anything ....just call and see what come of it. If he doesnt wish to carry on a relationship then say cool and continue on down your path..if so then it's up to the both of you...so it's up to you and how you feel.....but since you asked this question I would assume that would like to , even if it's curiosity...

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
He's got major problems...he was a jerk, abusive, and alcoholic....all that....my bro was all fucked up cuzza him which ultimately resulted in his demise. I just don't know how I'd deal with him dying an old lonely man and me never sayin nothin to him. BUT he also has the option to contact me, and he could if he wanted to. I feel a lot of resentment there.

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Shit I feel this thread. . .

My pops been an abusive drunk/druggy since as long as I can remember put me through a lot of not needed situations. Shit that muthaphukas even tried to take me out on a few ocasions when he's on that white. But if I was you. I wouldn't even try and contact em. I mean me personally I can't just forgive people like that you know. I mean has he ever tried to contact you and tried to apolgize. Show any intrest in your life and how your doin? Even if he has I don't know if i'd even fuk with it if I was you sweetie. I'd just say forget em and move on. Ain't worth the effort and probable stresses it could bring on ya. But that's just my opinion. . .

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
first of all, the man left the country so that he didn't have to pay child support for me or my brother......that was some cold shit. i've talked to him maybe twice....once was when my brother died (heroin overdose)....and he found out thru family friends overseas that he had passed. he called up my mom's house and said she didn't know how to raise kids and that's why he was dead....basically sayin it was her fault. you shoulda seen the look in her eyes....pure terror. i cussed him out, made him cry and hung up in his face. keep in mind, he was NEVER around to help raise us....soooo...yea....goin out of my way to contact him seems far-fetched. but he is my dad, so i'm just confused.:confused:

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
EVERYBODY DESERVES TO BE PHORGIVEN PHOR ANYTHING AT SOME POINT IN TIME. EVERYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS DONE SOMETHING THEY ARENT PROUD OPH...EVERYONE...AND MAYBE YOUR POPS IS ASHAMED OPH LEAVING YOU AND DOESNT KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT GETTIN AT YOU, YOU NEVER KNOW. THERE COULD BE OTHER REASONS PHOR HIM LEAVING. YOU AT LEAST DESERVE SOME CLOSURE ON THIS MATTER, JUST SO YOU COULD KNOW PHOR YOURSELPH WHATS GOIN ON IN HIS HEAD. I SAY CONTACT HIM, EVEN IPH IT DOESNT GO WELL, AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU TRIED AND YOU WERE THE BETTER PERSON PHOR DOING SUCH...ABA

Apr 25, 2002
SHEA said:

C'MON THOUGH FOUL MOUTH....THAT SOUNDS LIKE THE WORDS OF A REBELLIOUS 15 YEAR OLD STILL FILLED WITH PAIN & ANGER....I AM SURE IT IS STILL THERE- BUT GROWING UP MEANS MENDING TIES THAT WERE TORN LONG AGO....BUT IF THATS WHAT FEELS RIGHT FOR YOU, DONT MEAN ITS WHAT FEELS RIGHT FOR SGT. HUSTLE.

SS

i aint sayin its right for her but whos to say what your sayin is right,its all on the individual....

sgt. hustle:

if your askin me to justify what i said then you shouldnt be askin these questions.my justification is he wasnt around for you,he didnt care,so why go running back when he thinks its his time.eye for an eye.fuck'em.if you ran out on your kid 10 years ago what would you expect your kid to think about you....yeah,and you would deserve that too.
i think you wanna get a hold of him and your minds set,you just want to know if any body else would do it,and your hoping they all say they would.
what better justification for "fuck'em" then what he put you thru?