Fantasy Football thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 8, 2007
I am about to pick my fantasy football team an was wondering what everyone thinks are good pics.

LT is my first pick which i dont think i will get him. Frank gore is another one of my runningbacks that i like.

Jul 8, 2007
Here is top ten

1 LaDainian Tomlinson (SD-RB)
Amazing '06. Should go No. 1 in most '07 drafts --

2 Steven Jackson (StL-RB)
Lofty goals for '07. Don't doubt he'll reach them

3 Larry Johnson (KC-RB)
Threatening to hold out until new contract arrives

4 Shaun Alexander (SEA-RB)
Missed a lot of time, but could return to his best --

5 Frank Gore (SF-RB)
A gamble in '06. a Great pick in '07 --

6 Brian Westbrook (PHI-RB)
Had some amazing games after staying healthy --

7 Willie Parker (PIT-RB)
Durable enough for the incoming run-first offense --

8 Joseph Addai (IND-RB)
A more consistent option with more experience --

9 Laurence Maroney (NE-RB)
Dillon's gone, so he's the guy. And he's a good one --

10 Rudi Johnson (CIN-RB)
Hardly any games without a TD or 100+ yds

Jul 8, 2007
Yeah running backs i would go with LT or Gore
Here are some WR Steve Smith looks good

Marvin Harrison WR IND Had slumps, but a strong finish made a good year

Steve Smith WR CAR Productive. Should be happy he inked an extension

Terrell Owens WR DAL Backed up his mouth: led the league in TDs

Torry Holt WR STL Good yardage, but no TDs in 8 of last 10 games

Reggie Wayne WR IND Produced like a No. 1 on many weeks. Great No. 2

Chad Johnson WR CIN Dominant when he was the focal point of attack

Roy Williams WR DET Who wouldn't love to play under Mike Martz?

Larry Fitzgerald WR ARI 06 was okay, but his groove came a bit too late

Apr 25, 2002
My draft choices vary from league to league depending on number of teams, the people in the league, my draft position etc.

Some leagues I've got Eddgerin James ranked as high as 8

My generic top 10 . . .

LaDanian Tomlinson
Steven Jackson
Larry Johnson
Frank Gore
Shaun Alexander
Joseph Addai
Willie Parker
Brian Westbrook
Laurence Maroney
Rudi Johnson

Apr 25, 2002
Bigjwalll said:
yeah i dont have first pick i have like 3rd but im gona choose a qb first an try to get peyton manning.

Whoa! I'd recomend not doing that. How many people in your leauge?

You should be able to get a top 6 QB in the 3rd round (Manning, Breese, Palmer, Brady, Bulger, McNab), no need to go number 1. Manning puts up good points, but not that good! Manning may be a first rounder, but he's a bottom of the first rounder. I took Manning in the first round last year, but that was with the 10th pick in a 10 man league.

Get yourself a RB with #3.

Mar 16, 2005
Bigjwalll said:
yeah i dont have first pick i have like 3rd but im gona choose a qb first an try to get peyton manning.
Kinda blows all your rankings and analysis out of the water don't you think?

Wow just wow!

take Gore, Jackson or LJ and you will be fine.......get a qb later....LATER!

Apr 5, 2005
Wow no one has McGahee or Henry in the top 10? You know both of these RB's are the focal point of their offense. And forget about a 2 back system. These boys will be carrying a heavy load!

Addai? His numbers were inconsistent last year even though he only had 50% of the carries. Who knows what he'll be able to do in a pass happy offense next year. I consider him more of a sleeper pick then a top 10.

Maroney? I just think he's too risky to be selected in the top 10. Brady has so many weapons this season its not even funny. Even though their offense is completely balanced, he may still put up huge numbers this season. Who knows?

Apr 5, 2005
Bigjwalll said:

Peyton selected #3 is just a bit high. You gotta remember RB's touch the ball the most. We're talking about 25+ carries per game. They basically have 25 opportunities to make a big run or score TD's. I would go RB, RB, then a QB. But it also depends on how many teams are in the league and how many QB's you are starting.

Jul 8, 2007
True true i learned you have to find the sleepers that arnt on the top 10 or 50 that sucked last year and are gona put big numbers up this year, Alex Smith or Davis you know what i mean. Everyone picks of the top of the list but the good picks are the sleepers.

Mar 16, 2005
All 4 the Bay said:
Wow no one has McGahee or Henry in the top 10? You know both of these RB's are the focal point of their offense. And forget about a 2 back system. These boys will be carrying a heavy load!

Addai? His numbers were inconsistent last year even though he only had 50% of the carries. Who knows what he'll be able to do in a pass happy offense next year. I consider him more of a sleeper pick then a top 10.

Maroney? I just think he's too risky to be selected in the top 10. Brady has so many weapons this season its not even funny. Even though their offense is completely balanced, he may still put up huge numbers this season. Who knows?
I agree but the other top 10 have legit reasons for being top 10. I agree Henry COULD be top 10, but there are alot of factors going against him..Cutler being #1..still unproven and he has a bunch unproven wr's (except javon) that he's throweing too, don't be surprised to see some stacked lines early stopping henry forcing Jay to beat them.

Same with McGahee...are you realllllly scared of baltimores offense? same situations

Jul 8, 2007
For TE that arnt ranked there is vernan davis but another good one is David Martin for Miami he will get a lot of balls this season. What you think?