Excuses You've Used To Get Out Of Going To Work...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Just curious what people have said to their bosses so they didn't have to go to work, or so they could show up late. I've used A LOT due to my drunkenness and inability to wake up on time, or be in a decent mindset to actually go in to work. Few example I've used:

"My cousin left her husband and I need to help her move her shit out of the house"

"My car won't start" Which was a little tough to explain since I have a new car.

"I found a pizza in the day room and I ate it, I've been up all night throwing up" (back when I was in the dorms)

"The power went out, so my alarm clock reset"

"Oh shit, I thought I was off today"

There's a ton more but towards the end of my Active Duty military career, after a shit ton of lousy excuses and threats to kick me out if I was late again I had to pull out the big guns. So one night I went out drinking and don't get home till like 3 am, and I was supposed to be at work at 7am but unfortunately I didn't wake up till almost 11. So I come in to work and pull my supervisor aside and tell him I was raped the week before and I just couldn't handle it so I had been out the whole morning talking to my dad about the situation and trying to get myself under control so I wouldn't go insane.....Yeah, he knew it was bull shit but there really wasn't shit he could say. Like I said in the other thread, in the military they have to take rape very serious. lol Damn I'm such a dirt bag.

What else have you guys got?

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Dude, shut up. You know I aint no girl. lol

Don't remember a thread like this. Probably was though, meh....whatever.

Ha, gotta love the point blank honest "i'm drunk, not coming in" or simple "not gonna make it" excuses. Unfortunately in the military that usually doesn't work.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
I'm responsible and love my job, never tried to get out of it. I came in one day with my leg swollen and purple from MRSA and was told to go to the emergency room lol.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Good shit man. I fucking HATE my job and suffer with immaturity and alcoholism so I can't really say the same. That's why I put in paper to be done with my job so I can go back to school and try and get a career where I have the same outlook.

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
I listen to that taj-he-spitz song when I don't wanna go in..... Its $$$ inspiring .......

Still trippin bro can't come in ........... Doc's note always works if you have kaiser just call you don't even need to see a doc. Just talk to the advice nurse.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I can't believe u told your supervisor you were Raped? What kinda Marty shit is that to say?
Get kicked out of the military or say some shit like "I got raped".....hmmmm tough decision there. Naw, yeah I know it's gay as shit but I was still hammered when I showed up to work and it was the best thing I could think of. It worked, so fuck it.

Apr 21, 2006
I hit the floor when I read that rape shit. WTF! I used to be a supervisor and I don't know what I would do if someone said that. The best bet is to go to work on time hammered. Say everyone in your house has swine flu and cough on people. They will send you right home. Quick you'll get the week off.

Apr 21, 2006
How did you say that with a straight face? I'm still laughin. I've had 40,50 year old employees tell me some shit before. I'm looking like r u serious u r too old for that. They love to say someone died. I had one lady fake a panic attack because she knew she was gonna get fired. The ones who used to smoke crack are the worst employees and are damn near senior citizens.

May 27, 2009
When I was a senior in high school I turned 18 and was allowed to write my own notes.

"My cat was having babies and blood came out of it's mouth."

"The paper boy crashed into us and there was a big fight and the police came."

Shit I can't remember the other ones. Every morning I'd try to come up with the most off the wall notes.

I can't call in sick at my current job, but in the military I only used one excuse. Diarrhea. Worked every time.