Ex Raider JaMarcuus Russell Making a Comeback to NFL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Not sure what it’s worth, but former Raiders bust JaMarcus Russell is making a comeback. So he says. But he is coming in at 308 pounds and has said this kind of foolish stuff about getting in shape and being serious about football before.

The former 6-foot-6, 265-pound No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL draft has not played a single NFL snap since the 2009 season with the Oakland Raiders.

Russell is down from the 320 pounds he weighed this past fall and has been focusing on cardio conditioning the past six weeks to lose the weight,” he told Yahoo! Sports. Purple Drank has been crossed off the grocery list.

“My first year out, I couldn’t watch football but after a while, I couldn’t keep the TV off. I got that itchy feeling but now I gotta watch it, gotta watch,” Russell said.

“The last few years, the things going through my life, football is my job and it is how it feeds my family. People would say (that) I didn’t love the game but that pisses me off. People don’t know the real you but I want people to know the real me and see what I can do. People are always saying that I’m a bust. I want show them I’m not. I’m committed to this now.”

Yahoo! Sports has learned that Russell’s mentor through this whole process is former NFL wide receiver Mike Clayton, who like Russell is a LSU product. Over the next couple months, Russell will be training with Brian Martin of TEST Football Academy and TEST West, whose draft products include Joe Flacco and Patrick Peterson among others.

Link: JaMarcus making a comeback. Seriously | Raiders Silver and Black Blog | an SFGate.com blog

I remember the arm strength everyone used to discuss, talking about how he could throw the ball on his knees over 50 yards. Yet his accuracy was terrible usually overthrowing his WR's, perhaps he will shine with a new squad and coaches, Arizona and Buffalo should take a look at him. Considered to a be a number 1 pick Bust for sure until he proves himself.

Props: Chuco
Haha i was actually trying to put him in the same boat as Alex Smith as he went through various coordinators when Nolan was there in SF. It's a fact the Raiders organization has been going down. The coaching staff has been very lousy for the since chucky left. Believe Russell was still very immature at the time, was having a bit too much fun out there all that liquor was catching on to him. But then again who knows what he would of done if he went to a squad that would of built him and prepared him correctly and actually made him a solid player

Jul 5, 2009
Jacarcass could be a 3rd stringer. Jared Lorenzen's fat ass was a backup so why can't Carcass get on a squad? The Chiefs had Tyler Palko on the roster last year and we all know he got more talent than Palko.