EverreadY AlbuM SaleS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
Is there some fucked up deal with the totals when it's a double album? I thought someone said that at one point in time... I wouldn't think a double album would count as 2 sales but how the fuck would I know

Aug 31, 2005
CyrusTheVirus said:
Is there some fucked up deal with the totals when it's a double album? I thought someone said that at one point in time... I wouldn't think a double album would count as 2 sales but how the fuck would I know
double albums cout as 2 sales...however if the 2nd cd is more of a compilation and not really a 2nd part of the album i dont think it qualifies as 2x sales

i remember when 8ball dropped Lost and it was a double cd+compilation disc (being 3 in total) but the 3rd disc did not count in sales

im still not sure if the 2nd disc in ER is actual a 2nd part of the album or a strange music compilation

anyone have info to clearify this?

Sep 26, 2002
GXfromKy said:
double albums cout as 2 sales...however if the 2nd cd is more of a compilation and not really a 2nd part of the album i dont think it qualifies as 2x sales

i remember when 8ball dropped Lost and it was a double cd+compilation disc (being 3 in total) but the 3rd disc did not count in sales

im still not sure if the 2nd disc in ER is actual a 2nd part of the album or a strange music compilation

anyone have info to clearify this?
i'm not quite sure...
i mean if it's a double album sold seperately, like each disc has a seperate price then yeah, but if it's a "double disc" it counts as one.

it's still "units sold" and a double album packaged in one package is one "unit"

Oct 9, 2002
it took him about 3-4 months with AP to sell 53,000

he did about 20,000 first week in KC with Anghellic..... figure maybe another 20-25k around the country since all of his touring since then.... 40-50K first weekish totals at most, 30-35 to be safe..

Oct 9, 2002
in10city_131x said:
i'm not quite sure...
i mean if it's a double album sold seperately, like each disc has a seperate price then yeah, but if it's a "double disc" it counts as one.

it's still "units sold" and a double album packaged in one package is one "unit"
people need to understand the differences between soundscan and riaa certifications....

soundscan deals with albums SOLD....

riaa certifications (ie: gold, platinum, ect.) deals with albums SHIPPED

having said that... here is how the double cd scenario plays out...

Multi-disc albums are counted once for each disc within the album, if the album is 100 minutes or more in total length. For example, each copy of OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (total time 134:56) and Shania Twain's Up! (145:44), both double albums, was counted twice, meaning each album was certified diamond after only 5 million copies were shipped; however, each copy of Christina Aguilera's Back to Basics will only count once despite its being a double album, as its total time is only 78:55.

^^^this is for RIAA....

for soundscan it should only scan once since it is a barcode system at POS that is sent to soundscan for them to report

Aug 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
ima sa around 50,000 or more, there is alot of people that know about it, i mean for the last what 2 to 3 yrs he has been saying everready is coming, so there are people that know about it, but yeh i hope he sells alot so he can get his paper, but yeh nov. 7th cant wait

Sep 26, 2002
mizzouplaya said:
people need to understand the differences between soundscan and riaa certifications....

soundscan deals with albums SOLD....

riaa certifications (ie: gold, platinum, ect.) deals with albums SHIPPED

having said that... here is how the double cd scenario plays out...

Multi-disc albums are counted once for each disc within the album, if the album is 100 minutes or more in total length. For example, each copy of OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (total time 134:56) and Shania Twain's Up! (145:44), both double albums, was counted twice, meaning each album was certified diamond after only 5 million copies were shipped; however, each copy of Christina Aguilera's Back to Basics will only count once despite its being a double album, as its total time is only 78:55.

^^^this is for RIAA....

for soundscan it should only scan once since it is a barcode system at POS that is sent to soundscan for them to report
aah that's how it is. cool.

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
why are yall even thinking about that. to me its all about where you end up when the album gets played out. i believe he will sell over 300,000 in the end. thats only if he can get the video on MTV, BET,or MTV2.

Aug 21, 2002
Heres my breakdown

If the video was in rotation a month ago, and everyone was catching on to Techs sound cause remember, he's gonna be new to more people than we all believe, then I can say 61,312 units the first week. Gold in 9 mos.

Since its prolly not gonna drop before then, I'd say a good 24K the first week. Gold in 1.3 years

If the video somehow appears on MTV and BET between now and the release date, then I can 38,599 units... Gold in 1 year.

If Tech appeared on 106th & Park or TRL on the release date, then I'd say 83,787 units... Gold in 7 mos.

Jimmi_Bones

Anghellic Original
Jun 11, 2005
West Des Moines, IA
MasZive said:
Heres my breakdown

If the video was in rotation a month ago, and everyone was catching on to Techs sound cause remember, he's gonna be new to more people than we all believe, then I can say 61,312 units the first week. Gold in 9 mos.

Since its prolly not gonna drop before then, I'd say a good 24K the first week. Gold in 1.3 years

If the video somehow appears on MTV and BET between now and the release date, then I can 38,599 units... Gold in 1 year.

If Tech appeared on 106th & Park or TRL on the release date, then I'd say 83,787 units... Gold in 7 mos.
if your so much as off by 1 sale...