EURO 2008

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Champion will be...

• Germany

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Italy

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Spain

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • France

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Portugal

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Netherlands

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Czech Republic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 19, 2005
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hahahaha,i love it!!!!!!
great performance from the dutch.fridays game france vs dutch should be real interesting,well be able to tell for sure whos goin through and whos not by friday

May 19, 2005
2 things,teams that play awesome in there first performance,dont allways play that well through out the rest of the tourny,and 2nd there defense looked weak,even though they did awesome and attacked the whole time thats what save em,attack attack attack.
i give them major props and the way germany played and the dutch played,id say the same,holland could def beat germany

May 14, 2002
3 - 0 beezy's!!!!!!!!! we whooped Italy all over the mat !!!!!!

I'm really glad with this score not a lot of people here thought we could beat Italy but we did it!!!!!!

Jun 23, 2002
im just glad to see some exciting soccer and some goals, especially after that terrible first match

thats why I dont care if van nistelrooy was offside or not, bc this tournament needs some goals

there still hasnt been a game where 2 teams score in 1 game, ie 1-1 or 2-1 score line. its all been either 0-0, 1-0, 2-0, 3-0..weird

also, the other games italy plays are gonna be entertaining. they have to win now and they always make the game interesting. certain teams make this tournament, thats why it sux england isnt in it this time around

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
Italy really disappointed today.
Unorganized defense, idle midfield and ineffective offense. They have no creativity in their game right now.
Congrats to Holland, tho !
I think we wont meet until the final, but Holland - Germany would be awesome !

May 14, 2002
yeah too bad England isn't participating... also the weirdest shit is.. Isreal aparently is able to qualify themselfs as well in the 'Euro Cup' ????

I'm glad Holland has some good opponents.. they play good when they play good teams but if they have to play a bad they they suck.. this and penalties is our curse.

Jun 23, 2002
yea just cuz italy lost this game doesnt mean its over...portugal lost their first match to greece last euro cup and made it all the way to the final

sneijder has also been tearin it up for real madrid, now its his time to shine for holland

May 12, 2002
dope.st
thats fine if you dont think they are gonna win but dont give me that bullshit that it was a big miracle and they are one time wonders.
lol go on then I'm going to take the bait... maybe it wasn't a miracle but it was a one in a hundred turn of events which ninety nine other times won't have happened. So yes, one time wonders sounds about right.

I was at the final at the Luz in 2004 so I know exactly what went down, as a tactician you could say Greece were hella smart but other than that they won games by suffocating good football. Nothing to be proud of.

As it happens I was at the whole tourney in 04 from opening day to the final, and I was also over at the World Cup in 06 (the Mexicans turned up hella deep at the game v Portugal at Schalke), Greece wasn't even there.

The homie was just throwing up favourites in the poll, which Hellas ain't. Don't be mad, if I recall one thing about 04 it was that y'all guys didn't get anywhere by going round saying you'd so shit, quite the opposite.

Why did they win in 2004? Defense.
If you had watched any of their qualifying games you would know they dont suck.

Just like last year Portugal wont win it all when Ronaldo disappears.
See a comment like that about defense on a board like this just confuses people. When a team wins the Superbowl because their defence is all over the game, that's still a spectacle, it's still a thing of beauty. When Greece wins through defence in Europe they're just killing the game stone dead.

Also, I don't know about Ronaldo disappearing, or even Portugal for that matter, we're the only team in Europe that has been to three semi-finals or better already this decade.... this is only your second tournament :cool:

Don't get me wrong fam, I like your team, Katso and Karagounis both did some good shit for Benfica at the Luz in club football and I showed your boys where to party in Lisboa after you won 04 so it's all love...

...I just think y'all represent better as the underdogs without pretending you should be up on a platform with the France's and the Italy's of this world, it doesn't suit Portugal, let alone Greece...

...plus, sadly for me, the fact Benfica had signed so many of your players shows you're not an elite international side for a start... Greek players at Real / Barca / Chelsea / MU / Inter, then you're elite.

One thing I notice about the Portugal squad is that Scolari has picked way too many offensive players:

You have three central forwards, another four attacking players (Simao, Nani, CR, Quaresma) and then Deco and Moutinho listed as MF who are also more offensive-minded than anything else...

So whether they have a deep and strong enough defensive midfield is the big question
I don't mean to school you playboy but just so you know, the MF is just midfield, nothing to do with forward, it ain't specifically offensive, Portugal base their formation on having one or two defensive midfielders, known as trincos then an abundance of attacking talent in front of it.

Moutinho has the work-rate to play as trinco though he gets forward a lot, but Petit is a dedicated trinco, Veloso is a trinco, and Meira regularly is moved up from defence to play trinco. So we got that handled fam.

It's good to see some folks on here give it up for Nuno Gomes, he gets bashed a lot for the overall finishing problems of the team but thats all on the formation, he's still trying and definately put in the hours on Saturday.

I would encourage cats watching Portugal to follow Deco, for me he is a pivotal player, people saying he all washed up this past year, but he has a great range of passing and if he looks interested he'll run the show.

I saw you said elsewhere that we got the best team on paper, real talk I'm Portugal for life but I'm honest enough to say I don't think we do. We have the best wingers and solid central defence but our goalkeeper has some weaknesses and we're playing a right back at left back lol...

I really hate to say it but to me Spain do got the strongest side on paper, they normally never show up for these big occasions, but if they're ever going to win a championship, it'll be this year. France ain't finished either.

Of course I hope it will be Portugal, this is the first tournament since 02 I don't have tickets for, but if we still in there down the stretch I may have to break bread on eBay for some tickets, Austria looks hella boring tho lol

May 17, 2004
lol go on then I'm going to take the bait... maybe it wasn't a miracle but it was a one in a hundred turn of events which ninety nine other times won't have happened. So yes, one time wonders sounds about right.

I was at the final at the Luz in 2004 so I know exactly what went down, as a tactician you could say Greece were hella smart but other than that they won games by suffocating good football. Nothing to be proud of.

As it happens I was at the whole tourney in 04 from opening day to the final, and I was also over at the World Cup in 06 (the Mexicans turned up hella deep at the game v Portugal at Schalke), Greece wasn't even there.

The homie was just throwing up favourites in the poll, which Hellas ain't. Don't be mad, if I recall one thing about 04 it was that y'all guys didn't get anywhere by going round saying you'd so shit, quite the opposite.

See a comment like that about defense on a board like this just confuses people. When a team wins the Superbowl because their defence is all over the game, that's still a spectacle, it's still a thing of beauty. When Greece wins through defence in Europe they're just killing the game stone dead.

Also, I don't know about Ronaldo disappearing, or even Portugal for that matter, we're the only team in Europe that has been to three semi-finals or better already this decade.... this is only your second tournament :cool:

Don't get me wrong fam, I like your team, Katso and Karagounis both did some good shit for Benfica at the Luz in club football and I showed your boys where to party in Lisboa after you won 04 so it's all love...

...I just think y'all represent better as the underdogs without pretending you should be up on a platform with the France's and the Italy's of this world, it doesn't suit Portugal, let alone Greece...

...plus, sadly for me, the fact Benfica had signed so many of your players shows you're not an elite international side for a start... Greek players at Real / Barca / Chelsea / MU / Inter, then you're elite.

I don't mean to school you playboy but just so you know, the MF is just midfield, nothing to do with forward, it ain't specifically offensive, Portugal base their formation on having one or two defensive midfielders, known as trincos then an abundance of attacking talent in front of it.

Moutinho has the work-rate to play as trinco though he gets forward a lot, but Petit is a dedicated trinco, Veloso is a trinco, and Meira regularly is moved up from defence to play trinco. So we got that handled fam.

It's good to see some folks on here give it up for Nuno Gomes, he gets bashed a lot for the overall finishing problems of the team but thats all on the formation, he's still trying and definately put in the hours on Saturday.

I would encourage cats watching Portugal to follow Deco, for me he is a pivotal player, people saying he all washed up this past year, but he has a great range of passing and if he looks interested he'll run the show.

I saw you said elsewhere that we got the best team on paper, real talk I'm Portugal for life but I'm honest enough to say I don't think we do. We have the best wingers and solid central defence but our goalkeeper has some weaknesses and we're playing a right back at left back lol...

I really hate to say it but to me Spain do got the strongest side on paper, they normally never show up for these big occasions, but if they're ever going to win a championship, it'll be this year. France ain't finished either.

Of course I hope it will be Portugal, this is the first tournament since 02 I don't have tickets for, but if we still in there down the stretch I may have to break bread on eBay for some tickets, Austria looks hella boring tho lol

you have some good points in there. but regardless i am going to keep cheering for my country just like you are going to cheer for yours. Even if greece doesnt win another tournament in my lifetime, at least i got to see them win one.

and being in the semifinals 3 times in a row really doesnt impress me. The winners get the trophy and the glory, not the second place finishers.

and i couldnt help but laugh during todays coverage when they showed clips of last tourneys championship game and ronaldo crying.

May 12, 2002
dope.st
you have some good points in there. but regardless i am going to keep cheering for my country just like you are going to cheer for yours. Even if greece doesnt win another tournament in my lifetime, at least i got to see them win one.

and being in the semifinals 3 times in a row really doesnt impress me. The winners get the trophy and the glory, not the second place finishers.

and i couldnt help but laugh during todays coverage when they showed clips of last tourneys championship game and ronaldo crying.
Good shit fam I hope you have a ball cheering your team, matter of fact I can't think of a team I'd rather see win your group, it's all love, and if you can beat our rivals Spain I'll rep for Hellas myself.

On you other line, though it kills me not to have a trophy I would argue your point, Greece don't get enough credit because it was a one off, whereas we win nothing yet people respect us for going far a bunch of times. Go figure...

And on laughing at Ronaldo crying... oh well... I know dude got a lot of haters but damn.. it's sad really, he came from a small island, left the country for $20 million at 18, lost a championship final in his own country before he was 19, lost his father before he was 20 and had all of England abusing him for the next year.. but he's made a Euro Final, a World Cup Semi-Final and won the Champions League by the time he's 23 and will be named best player in the world. I don't even like dude but damn that's an awful lot to hate on :cool:

Aug 24, 2002
yeah too bad England isn't participating... also the weirdest shit is.. Isreal aparently is able to qualify themselfs as well in the 'Euro Cup' ????

Agree on England. They belong in big tourneys. And Isreal are always in the euro qualification rounds . Imaging if they werent , look at their neighbors , middle-eastern countries that hate their guts. They would be killed .

May 17, 2004
Good shit fam I hope you have a ball cheering your team, matter of fact I can't think of a team I'd rather see win your group, it's all love, and if you can beat our rivals Spain I'll rep for Hellas myself.

On you other line, though it kills me not to have a trophy I would argue your point, Greece don't get enough credit because it was a one off, whereas we win nothing yet people respect us for going far a bunch of times. Go figure...

And on laughing at Ronaldo crying... oh well... I know dude got a lot of haters but damn.. it's sad really, he came from a small island, left the country for $20 million at 18, lost a championship final in his own country before he was 19, lost his father before he was 20 and had all of England abusing him for the next year.. but he's made a Euro Final, a World Cup Semi-Final and won the Champions League by the time he's 23 and will be named best player in the world. I don't even like dude but damn that's an awful lot to hate on :cool:
man im jealous of how good ronaldo is. that is the reason im hating on him. i would love to have him on the greek team obviously.
no doubt greeces style of play is not exciting to anyone but Greek fans.
either way good luck in the tourney and ill be happy as long as Italy doesnt win.

and yes greece got pounded by sweden in the second half. dissapointing lapse of defense with a great goal by imbrahimovic.

second goal was just odd.

either way time to look on to the next game against russia.

Aug 24, 2002
Nice win over greece , really deserved it after greece were playing the most boring fotball i've ever witness. Seriously, what was it , like 20 passes between the defenders ? Before they even left their own side of the field. Several times. Ibrahimovic was well taken by the greece defenders . First time they let him go he makes a great goal . And yes second goal was just strange. This is looking good so far. Game vs Spain on saturday . Im happy with a draw because Spain is in good shape right now. They'll probably win the group .

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
GRE - SWE sucked. Worst game so far. That shit reminded me of that Simpson Episode making fun of Football, always passing the ball back and forth.
Im glad Ibrahimovich scored tho. That fool is making like 12 million € a year, best payed Football Player in the entire world, he makes even more than Ronaldo.
Can't wait for tomorrow. Germany is gonna kick some Croatian ass. Podolski is in great shape right now, so is Ballack. Funny thing is i played against that fool when i was a kid hella times, he never really struck me as the most talented out of his team.
Im not hating tho, dude deserves it, for you have to have a lot of willpower to become a pro.

Feb 14, 2006
Nice win over greece , really deserved it after greece were playing the most boring fotball i've ever witness. Seriously, what was it , like 20 passes between the defenders ? Before they even left their own side of the field. Several times. Ibrahimovic was well taken by the greece defenders . First time they let him go he makes a great goal . And yes second goal was just strange. This is looking good so far. Game vs Spain on saturday . Im happy with a draw because Spain is in good shape right now. They'll probably win the group .
Gongratulations, looks like you are goin´ thru from your group. :cool:

That second goal was weird, Nikopolidis froze on that.

Today Portugal will beat Chech Republic... Simao was great in game against Turkey... So from that wing Portugal will produce some good attacks.