Ethics work

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 24, 2004
gotta write a paper on war being good or bad,im arguing its bad of course...just wanted some educated opinions or other views..right on in advance..

May 24, 2007
i wrote a paper like this two semesters ago. my argument was that although war is a bad thing there have been leaps in technology during war time. during world war 1 radio technology greatly improved as the government took over the industry. i also argued that war is sometimes a necessary evil when you have no other choice but to fight. like when a bully tries to punk you, you have to confront the dude and if need be handle his ass. finally that war brings out the best and worst in people. You can look to hitler for the worst, and people like winston churhill and FDR for the best.

Jul 24, 2008
Here is why it's good.
-Economical benefits and companies like Blackwater get paid during wars. The country gets more jobs (building weapons, army)
See the
US depression and World War
Also, ended slavery.

Jan 27, 2009
War is "bad": It is primitive, base, and below where humanity should be thinking at this point in time. To progress as a race we need to put war and permanently damaging conflict behind us. Needlessly, young men and now women, die. It makes rich people richer and poor people poorer. The later in more ways than one. By the by... I don't want my future technologies that are going to define how future generations live and humanity evolves to be forged during war time. Peace is the key to success. God. I really didn't mean for that to rhyme.

Ender

Sicc OG
May 16, 2002
War is an action like running, talking, sitting.

It is neither bad or good.

It is the cause you are fighting for that makes the action a good or a bad one.

You should write your paper on what causes war.

Nov 24, 2003
War as you are thinking of it is just another symptom of humans as species being inherently "bad"

War by itself in neither good nor bad, humans dictate that effect. War on poverty vs Imperialistic war.

Talus

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
Good and bad things come from war. War in itself is not evil it is the intent behind the war the reasons you got into it in the first place. Its just like any other argument it happens because agreements can not be reached until one side is pushed to the point of asking for mercy.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
gotta write a paper on war being good or bad,im arguing its bad of course...just wanted some educated opinions or other views..right on in advance..
Good or bad is an ethical question..

The US involvement in WWII, good or bad?

The US involvement in Vietnam, good or bad?

Beyond all the moonbats the US has faught for the most ethical ideologies, the same ideologies or similar ideologies we live by today as US citizens.

Is war ethically right?

Is our lifestyle right?

Was Hitler right?
Was the Viet Cong right?
Was Pol Pot right?
Was Saddam Hussein right?
Imagine if we didnt invade Iraq, Uday or Qusay???

Your the one sitting on your nice computer contemplating ethics when I dont think many even have the opportunity to do that in some nations or would have the freedoms to do so...