ESHAM- DMT SESSIONS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Copped mines at fye yesterday sucks it wasnt on sale like SA but fuck all that tho its pretty good; glad to hear Esham is gettin more experimental than ever before cuz this is gotta be his weirdest album he ever reeleased after peeping the snippets I was like WTF??? LMAO!!!!!! I gotta say this is rite next to Mail Dominance as a very strange & abstract rap album... 1st track started off as hilarious & perfect to bump whenever I take a girl out on a date lulz so I can see her initial reaction & look on her face!! Bunch of bangers on this one but not as much as SA & SL & yea it has grown on me & will continue to... Sum tracks were short as always & sum just dont do it for me but on this one its a more mellow laidback Esham album & worth checkin out for those who dig the new age, new wave, trip hop, dubstep, synthesized electronica music... As much as bein a hardcore fan; I gotta be reasonable on this one & give my rating scale a 6.5/10!!!!!! Not super fuckin awesome but its not weak cuz I do like the exprimentals on this one as I also listen to those genres like the Bjorks, Enigmas, Deliriums, & Sofa Surfers...

p.s. if comatose was actually on there & I had to download that track cuz its such a badass track I wouldve give it a full 7........

Jan 6, 2003
Although I can't roll with a lot of Esham's material he's still one of the rappers I respect the most. Can't think of any others who experiment so much with their music. Ain't no album that sounds the same. So although I don't approve much of his material because it's too weird for me I gotta give it up to him as one of the most important rappers in rap history-I like his old stuff like boomin, casket, judgement day, fetus, mail dominance and tongues though...

Dec 25, 2003
Wow my long lost bro; my Collinsville, IL/St. Louis equivalent!! Im surprised u like that one as much as Tongues while others werent feelin it at all... Even the digipack photography all thruout is top-notch & funny lol!!

Feb 25, 2007
I got to give it up to E for always being innovative, always pushing the line... At the same time though, he's been cannibalizing his rhymes since day one. Funny how that works.

Skimming through the album right now...

Feb 25, 2007
It's coo. Still need a couple more spins.

I've been listening to 'Detroit Dogshit' a lot lately. E got away with sampling a gang of shit.

Oh, and I was high as fuck yesterday, nodding out and shit, listening to this album on my ipod. The beginning of 'Clonazepam', where he say "Cookie Monster", scared the shit out of me. lol

Apr 6, 2010
how would yall compare this to suspended animation and sacrificial lambz?
It's got this trippy, melodic synth thing going on for better or for worse. He attempts to sing more which will probably get on your nerves. It does have it's brilliant moments though. Not as consistent as his previous two albums but definitenly worth your time as a worth follow-up.

Apr 6, 2010
Sorry, this is off topic. @acidraptor.

On your copy of Blaz4me, does your audio fuck up for a split second shortly after the beginning of "U can't fuck wit a mastamind"?

Apr 6, 2010
Yes it does its a mastering defect I guess... Does yours have that too???
Yeah, I bought 3 copies of that album, 2 re-rereleases and 1 RLP original, and they all have that shit. I asked some dude awhile ago, and he said his copy didn't have that problem.....maybe he lied though.

Also, definitely excited for that detroit hip-hop documentary. Can't wait to hear what Bo$$ has to say.