ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
There aren't that many american talents to be kept in MLS

Your problems are two:

1. Soccer is a game for schools and colleges and not for the street. This game has to be learned on the street, when you're very young, 3-10 years old; you have to have mastered the basics by and only then you go and play organized football to learn the tactics. If you don't have the street/beach/footsal training, you typically lack the skills, improvisation and primal football instincts, needed to make it in the real game. No matter how physical the games becomes, athleticism is something that can come from outside, having skills and being able to read the game always come from inside, i.e, everybody can start running fast after going through the necessary training, nobody can start making Ronaldinho's no-look passes if he doesn't have it in him.

BTW, Western Europe has begun to experience exactly the same problem - fewer and fewer children play the game on the street and the consequences are already seen.

The same thing applies to basketball, but with opposite signs - the US players learn the game on the street and that's where their advantage in terms of skills comes from. I am sure nobody teaches windmill dunks and streetball dribbles in college or in high school, and basketball in Europe is a mostly indoor game

2. For some reason, americans simply don't understand the game. This is related to number two, but I think it also comes from the nature of baseball and american football, which are a lot more static and/or tactical games compared to football. I have played with people who play college soccer and who are supposedly good. All they do is mindless running around the pitch, playing rough, often dirty defense and even if they make some well organized play, it is always something standard. No improvisation, no tricks, no surprising moves, passes, no spark of a genius at all. If this does not change, they will never reach the level of Brazil and Argentina
best post in this entire thread thus far.

england missin the euros was the best thing that coulda happened to them.
they let their academy play slip..
them missin the euros woke them the fuck up and all of europe took note.

us soccer is a lost cause until they start breakin niggas off millions straight off the pitch in high school..
cuz EVERYONE plays soccer when youre little. and since its a spring sport you can play it and not interfere with basketball and football all the way through high school...you just have to make it worth it for a kid to take that scholarship offer from a soccer team if they know the pay off is big.. mls dont even make more than ups drivers.

and they completely fucked the beckham transfer off.. he was hurt he barely plays they hid it hes never seen ... now everyone is really on some fuck the mls shit.. its gonna like 20 or 30 top flight euro and south american stars to make the MLS relevant.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
just to keep the thread alive:

Berbatov showed what he can contribute to Man Utd this week, too bad they were not linking with him more often and he was often forced to play as a playmaker rather than a pure striker. Once they learn how to play together, it will be scary...

Apr 25, 2002
I'm glad there's a soccer thread/ some fans in here. I'm a huge fan (JUVENTUS).

I just wanted to say something to dude who said Premier League shits on any other - You have the same opinion as a lot of people and you're entitled to that, but in any given season only 4 out of what, 16 teams have a shot at winning. That is not exciting. Look at Serie A table right now and you'll see tihngs are much tighter with at least 7 teams who can make a decent challenge at scudetto if they keep up their form. Premier League is really fast paced, but does that make it better? Italian league is more a chess match, premier league is all sensationalism. Premier league players can't play Serie A, they are 9 times out of 10 garbage, Beckham will flop at AC Milan.

Premier League is about $$$$$$$ where in Serie A there's teams like Udinese who come from small cities and have not much money in the organization beating some of the greats.

But I love all soccer minus MLS.

Champions league has been pretty exciting. Juve got a huge win over Real Madrid at home 2-1 and now are sitting pretty at the top of their group :)

Man U is looking real good, Berbatov has come into form realy nicely. Same for Chelsea, although without Drogba they are a bit uncreative on the attack. Should have beat Roma by a much larger margin but they didn't.

Villareal will be the sleeper team of the tourney.

An Italian team will win CL this year. (I hope its Juve, but more then likely it will be Inter. They are looking unstoppable right now)

Apr 25, 2002
oh and PS I support Arsenal in the premiership. No reason really, I really like Adebayor and Henry was my favorite player in his Arsenal years. I think Liverpool wins premiership this year thoguh.

Jun 23, 2002
^^The Serie A has made a huge come back since last season I think, last seasons Inter/Juve games were off the hook...definately more attacking than in the past.

I support Inter when it comes to Serie A, sorry...ever since Ronaldo played for them

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
i never liked the serie a because italy is racist as fuck.
i hate how they treat the black players out there..
and historically serie a games were boring..
italian teams always willing to settle for the tie.. 0-0 1-1.. i hate that shit
(i love the ultras though.)

the premiership is the best overall as a league..
speed translates well on tv especially for somthin like football.
that plodding, defensive, one striker up shit is lame to watch.

kinda like how the NHL got a shitload better when they got rid of that neutral zone trap shit and let niggas pass the puck and keep shit movin.

two cheers for all the siccness football lads
a.c.a.b.

Mar 26, 2006
sorry but the MLS is garbage, just like our A league.

I liked watching Juve back in the day in the serie A, they were more an attacking team with players like Zidane and co.

Arsenal play the best football in the prem league too, great to watch.

Feb 14, 2006
More discussion about Uefa Champions League, in this thread
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=217947

Champions league has been pretty exciting. Juve got a huge win over Real Madrid at home 2-1 and now are sitting pretty at the top of their group :)

Man U is looking real good, Berbatov has come into form realy nicely. Same for Chelsea, although without Drogba they are a bit uncreative on the attack. Should have beat Roma by a much larger margin but they didn't.

Villareal will be the sleeper team of the tourney.

An Italian team will win CL this year. (I hope its Juve, but more then likely it will be Inter. They are looking unstoppable right now)