Eminem - Relapse LP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
Ima start drinking some good ol apple juice and vodka. I'll give it a listen and see whats up. My boy got crazy drunk this morning and was blowing it up, but I am skeptical.

Intro - Blah Blah Blah... Take a drink! lol. Like an intro off one of his old EPs.

3 A.M. - Not feeling the song. It's up there with Mutilate The Beats choppiness.

My Mom - Beat sounds dope. At first it sounds like it was gonna be like some old school shit, but the chorus fucks it up and from there out it kinda fails me. I like the lyrics. They are comical, but not a fan of the way he sounds on it. I can get over it tho. Not bad.

Insane - I dunno what to think of this song. Not too much to the beat. The lyrics arn't too bad cept towards the end.. Older style.

Bagpipes From Baghdad - Arabian/Egyptian theme beat... No thanks. Filler track.

Hello - Voice effects... Hmmm... Weird spits.. It seems like a lot of his shit is tone and flow based. Lyrics arn't really there. Hook is wack.

Tonya - Skit. Good shit.

Same Song And Dance - No energy in his verses. I would think he would go nuts on these if it was a few albums back. I like the hook somewhat. Sounds depressing. Shots at Britney at the end is funny.

We Made You - Fuck this one.

Medicine Ball - Beats pretty dope. Again the tone of his voice and flow is eh... I know somewhere deep down he should be tearing these beats apart... Instead it's settling.

Paul Skit - Gay step father incest rape thing. lol

Stay Wide Awake - Wtf is with his voices at the beginning. Not feeling it.

Old Times Sake Feat. Dr. Dre - Dre.... WTF..... Dope beat. Hook is mixed well.

Must Be The Ganja - No thanks.

Mr. Mathers Skit - Eminem dies I suppose? Overdose maybe.

Deja Vu - I like the beat. The flow and tone isn't bothersome so far. The lyrics are pretty on point. Not like super crazy, but the content is well put together. Hooks not bad. Catchy.

Beautiful - Real-est shit on the album. Best track on this album hands down. Lyrics are real. Hooks catchy. Solid beat. Should have been a single, but in no way is it commercial friendly..

Crack A Bottle feat. Dre & 50 - No thanks.

Steve Berman Skit - Funny shit. 2 albums?

Underground - Beat slaps. This is the real shit. The old style. Tearing shit the fuck up. Best fucking track on here. Wow... He tears this track into pieces lyrically. A lot of good lines. If you listen to one track if not any others listen to this one.

Ken Kaniff From Connecticut to end the album. Haha.

Feb 11, 2008
www.myspace.com
I didn't listen to any of it because i dont like him. But, I guess he did rehab at the same hospital where i go to for probation crap in Brighton. I heard it was for sleeping pills so i thought that was interesting. I didn't know that sleeping pills could be so addicting. I don't know if that has to do with the name of the album but i'm guessing so. I'm sure it sucks.

Jul 22, 2008
www.youtube.com
Just because of the song "Insane' it was horrible

that shit was gay

skits were good

only song I liked was Underground and that's just because the chorus was catchy

I excepted the album to be like this actually

Nov 12, 2008
I juz bumped it once stright threw an hour ago!!! i feel like itz nothing new!!! but im sher after a few more times ill here more of tha hookz and what not!!! but "must be tha ganja" iz already mah shit!!!!

Sep 1, 2004
www.madinsanity.com
He sounds burnt out. He even mentions it in a Beautiful.
I wouldn't call ne of these tracks Horrorcore.
Horrorcore to me is crazier than 3AM. Tho the video was on a Horrorcore tip.
Underground songs maybe. Lyrics at least.
The songs with noncommercial lyrics have a commercial sound to it tho.

Apr 25, 2002
He blew it.

He didn't do a good job.

Where's the guy who was gonna buy a brewery and turn us all into alcoholics?

He's been livin' the good life too long... He lost his fire.

It's better than most rap albums comin' out these days... But that's really not saying much.

EDIT: I liked Asher Roth's album better than this.

Jun 18, 2005
i listened to the album and thought it was pretty good. definitely better than Encore. but last Sunday they had a listening special for Relapse on his radio channel. he would talk about the tracks and what not. anyway, when he spoke about the song underground he said, in a sense, he was trying to go back underground. obviously he can't but he meant about the shit that he says. saying whatever the fuck he wants to. so, hopefully, that song is a set up for the type of shit that will be on Relapse 2