eBay Billing Agreement under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
So was going to list something which I have not done in a while and I cant untill I agree to this Billing Agreement under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy. WTF. You guys having to do this too?

Authorization to charge your credit or debit card
By agreeing to these terms, you authorize eBay to charge your credit card or debit card provided by you above ("Credit Card or Debit Card") for any amounts you owe eBay under the eBay Buyer Protection Policy ("Policy"), and other amounts or charges that you authorize for eBay provided, that for amounts owed under the Policy no single automatic charge will exceed $2,000. For charges in excess of $2,000, eBay will send you a notice at least 10 days in advance of charging your Credit Card or Debit Card. eBay may charge your Credit Card or Debit Card on a one-time, sporadic, and recurring basis.
Your Credit Card or Debit Card will become your payment method on file with eBay for automatic payments of amounts owed under the Policy. If you previously had another payment method on file for automatic payments, eBay will replace that method with your Credit Card or Debit Card. You can modify or cancel this Billing Agreement, or change your payment method, by contacting us. eBay may amend this billing agreement consistent with its policies.
If you change the website of registration of your eBay account (for example, you change registration from eBay.com to eBay.ca), this Billing Agreement will be cancelled. If you change the currency of your eBay account, you will need to again specify your automatic payment method for your account in the new currency. If this Billing Agreement is cancelled, or if the payment of amounts owed through your Credit Card or Debit Card fails or cannot be completed for any reason, you remain obligated to pay eBay for all unpaid amounts. If the payment of amounts owed through your Credit Card or Debit Card fails or cannot be completed for any reason, you authorize eBay to charge your other payment methods on file with eBay, such as a PayPal account, credit card or another checking account for any amounts you owe eBay under the Policy, and other amounts or charges that you authorize for eBay provided that if eBay is charging your other payment methods on file with eBay, then no such single automatic charge will exceed $2,000 without providing you at least 10 days prior notice of the charge. Additionally, if your payment fails, we may restrict or suspend your eBay account until payment is completed.
eBay may change this Billing Agreement with 30 days notice.

May 28, 2002
www.cashflow420.com
It's very similar to the PayPal agreement. If you accepted that one you might as well proceed with eBay's.

The only way they will charge you 2K is if you sell a bootleg album for that price and do not offer a return the item which is against their Buyer Protection Policy. You'll be fine.

Props: R8R
Feb 14, 2004
What about eBayer's that merely buy from ebay. I've tried selling cd's on ebay, but nobody wanted them lol So I pretty much just buy shit from ebay.

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
alright, guess ill sign up. I just hate that its forced upon and not used as an option. If I dont accept I cannot sell anything. whack! Guess im stubborn